Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

IMPUL Springs, D&S Rotors, Msport wheels & spacers Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking IMPUL Springs, D&S Rotors, Msport wheels & spacers Installed

After almost 6 month of my IMPUL springs sitting in their box begging me to install them every time I went into the garage. The stars have finally aligned and a buddy and I went to town on getting the springs, rotors and spacers installed along with some other goodies. (air tools for the studs are a MUST, took us 10 min a corner to remove and seat the new studs). We were only able to get the front end done today due to time and the rear is planned for tomorrow. The goodies are some D&S Rotors, 10mm Spacers all around, 6k Headlights and Stillen Sways.

Trunk of Goodies:

The first impressions with only the front are great. I highly recommend not doing just a front install as you can completely feel the different spring rates when you get aggressive in the turns. I will say that the ride, performance and looks on the front are exactly what I was looking for. The response is improved big time, yet it's as comfortable cruising as stock. IMPUL did a great job on their progressive springs. I took the car out on the back roads and all I could do was smile as I smashed the gas through the corners. Bumps were smooth and the squishiness of the stock springs on the X is gone. Just a nice ride on rails feel.

Opinion: If your an X owner and looking to retain some clearance and not drop the car to the ground using the Eibach or H&R Springs, IMPUL Springs are the way to go. Mild drop with a sport tuned look and performance.

So now to the good stuff, before and after pics. Enjoy...

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After (IMPUL on front / stock rear):

Before:

After (IMPUL on front / stock rear):

Front wheel shot after IMPUL and D&S Rotor Install

ddubb

Last edited by ddubb; 03-30-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:00 PM
sweet

Old 03-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
nice, but could go lower

Old 03-29-2008, 11:05 PM
NICE!! I plan on getting the IMPUL's as well...will the braking improve with the rotors or is it just for looks?

Old 03-30-2008, 12:18 AM
go lower

Old 03-30-2008, 02:00 AM
Who makes the spacers? I like the idea of 10mm all the way around with the stock 18"s. Are they the ichibans? Are they hubcentric, or will I need the adapter? Do I need all new lugs? Thanks!

Old 03-30-2008, 02:13 AM
nice G, itd be nice if they were just a tad lower. Like in between that and eibachs..

Old 03-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the comments. I'm going to wait a couple weeks for everything to settle and post some additional pics to see if there was any change. The spacers are 10mm hubcentric Ichabas. Highly recommended if you are running the 19" MSport +50 offset wheels. It looks like a 15mm spacer would work just as well and flush it out perfect, but I'm happy with the 10mm spacers.

On the Rotors, there's a lot of debate on whether they improve braking performance. I have done a Drilled or Drilled and Slotted rotor upgrade on every one of my last 6 cars and I always felt the improvement in braking and love the look. If you want true braking improvement, spend the several grand and go BBK. For 250-400 bux, the rotor swap has always been a good investment in my mind.

As far as the go lower. Trust me I know where you're coming from. I've had a number of cars prior to the G and I normally ran an eibach Pro-kit or various other much more aggressive suspension setups.

The problem is the area I live in has a lot of steep driveways and road changes and some friends houses in the backwoods (dirt roads) that would scrape the crap out of my underbody and bumper. I also had an experience in my last car (2005 Altima SER, fully modded and dropped) where I actually bent the frame, (luckily didn't take out the oil pan or tranny) due to being forced with running over a nice sized rock (oncoming on one side and no shoulder on the other with no time to slow down and go around). The rock would have cleared a stock car, but my lowered car actually lifted off the ground when I ran over it. Needless to say, frame was bent and alignment was never the same.

So with the G the goal was to improve performance and looks while retaining clearance. Goal achieved.

Last edited by ddubb; 03-30-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Looks great. Your X is looking sweet.

I totally agree with you on just going with a subtle drop on the X. If you slam it you lose some of it's usefulness on not so perfect roads.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:27 PM
damm that trunk fl of goodies looks sweet!

nice ride your X looks proper

Old 03-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Great job, looks awesome.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the thread, OP. I was thinking about the exact same setup (Impul springs + 10mm spacers) on my black journey (already have the M sport wheels). IMO, spacers aren't needed for M sport rims w/stock height, but once you drop the car, the M sport rims definitely need to be pushed out more.

Good job!

Old 03-30-2008, 04:27 PM
What are the IMPUL springs running now a days? Thats my next upgrade...

Old 03-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the positive comments. Everything is now installed. The IMPUL Springs can be found here: http://japanparts.com. The stats are: Front SF-76(20mm down) Rear SR-76(5mm down). The price is around $432 for the set.

The 10mm spacers in the rear are perfectly flush with the MSports and the drop is literally a 1/4-1/2" tops and looks great. If you decide to go with the Stillen sways on an X, as another member stated in another thread the front will not work. In the rear the stock swaybar is pathetically small. Stillen says to use the stock bushings. Due to the small stock sway we had to drill the rubber bushing with a 1" bit in a vice and it worked like a charm. There is no way to use the stock bushing without drilling it out.

Once the sways, springs and brakes were done in the rear we jacked back up the front and swapped out the bulbs with the 6ks and realigned the headlights.

The ride is great. Nice and tight, and smooth while cruising. Best of both worlds. No regrets on the products I chose and very happy with the results.

Last edited by ddubb; 03-30-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet G. Love all the mods! Btw. ddubb check your PM please .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IMPUL Springs, D&S Rotors, Msport wheels & spacers Installed