Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

New Mods - Tanabe Medalion Exhaust & NF210 Springs - With Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Eug96
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll email Rick at riverside. I'm having a irresistible itch to mod the rear lol
Hehe... I know exactly what you mean, Bro... I actually already have the AutoKits X rear diffuser on order, so I'm hoping to be able to install it next week!

https://g35driver.com/forums/exterio...iberglass.html

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
Dayum... it's been an year and this thread is still going.
I know... crazy, huh!?!?! That's what makes G35Driver so great!

Old 07-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey how is your exhaust sounding now? since its been a while? notice any changes in sound? haha im pretty interested in getting this

Old 07-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Still have it and still love it. I've actually added the Invidia mid-pipe, resonators, and x-pipe, so it's a completely different animal now... Sounds great with this set-up, but has just a bit of drone at around 2500 rpm's. Might actually go back to the stock mid-pipe / resonators, or try adding a couple more resonators... not sure yet.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:40 PM
the sound is a little louder with a deeper purr than the stock right? I want to make sure its not a obnoxious fart can haha

Has the exhaust caught the attention of bored police yet? My friends m3's exhaust got him pulled over like 15times one year and when he finally took it off, he only got pulled over only twice the next year. i dont know what exhaust he had but he said it was pretty loud lol

Old 07-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hohoho821
the sound is a little louder with a deeper purr than the stock right? I want to make sure its not a obnoxious fart can haha

Has the exhaust caught the attention of bored police yet? My friends m3's exhaust got him pulled over like 15times one year and when he finally took it off, he only got pulled over only twice the next year. i dont know what exhaust he had but he said it was pretty loud lol
It's no where near pull over status. It's about as loud as the stock coupe exhaust; maybe slightly louder. But it's legal. Don't know how it sounds with the extras that 2G has, but just the mufflers with the stock piping will not get you in trouble!

Old 08-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Thanks, man!! It's such a minimal drop that I doubt the camber changed more than a 1/2°. I do plan to go get it aligned next week, so I will let you know what the numbers are. I also installed some Ichiba rear camber arms when I did the springs, though, so I definitely won't have any trouble getting it within the stock specs... but I will be able to give you and idea of how much the camber changed with the springs.
I'm curious how far out of adjustment your camber was with a 0.90" drop when you finally had an alignment done on your car? I'm looking at installing Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC on my car and wondering if it is necessary to buy the front+rear camber adjust A-arms and camber links. I plan to only drop the vehicle about 0.75", mostly looking to firm up the handling and add a minor drop.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:35 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^^^

if you're only going to do that minor of a drop, then just get springs. adding the coils (I have them on) isn't going to firm up the ride too much. My ride right now is about stock feel.

put on springs and sway bars for a stiffer ride.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Pennywise1971
I'm curious how far out of adjustment your camber was with a 0.90" drop when you finally had an alignment done on your car? I'm looking at installing Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC on my car and wondering if it is necessary to buy the front+rear camber adjust A-arms and camber links. I plan to only drop the vehicle about 0.75", mostly looking to firm up the handling and add a minor drop.
Unfortunately it's been so long that I can't remember the final settings after the drop with the Tanabe's, and I'm on coils now so the car is way lower than before. I do know that when I went for an alignment after the drop the rear camber was still within factory specs so they didn't have to adjust it at all. All they did was adjust the front and rear toe and that was it.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:06 PM
So they could get it all adjusted back to factory camber settings without any aftermarket camber kits installed with the Tanabe springs installed? How was the ride quality with the Tanabe springs and stock sport struts? I'm only looking for 3/4" to 1" drop, mostly looking for improved handling (tighter) and I already have swaybars installed.

Last edited by Pennywise1971; 08-18-2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:08 PM
That actually didn't need to make "any" camber adjustments with the Tanabe springs installed. Both the front and rear were just inside the factory camber specs. The toe was all they needed to adjust and that could be adjusted using the factory adjustments.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:04 PM
What 20MM spacers did you get? Did you have any rubbing problems with the Tanabe springs and spacers? Was the ride much stiffer? I wish that they sold a quality shock for our cars like: Bilstein or Koni. Thanks for all your help I appreciate it.

Old 08-21-2010, 02:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey 2g...car looks great and am looking to get the tanabe exhaust too. However, does it have any drone or rasp at any rpms after it's broken in? What about with hfc's? Also does it sound like a g37 coupe after the hfc's or before and after you changed the midpipe or before? I want my car sounding like a g37 coupe but NOT ANY louder... I know it's a lot of questions but help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 08-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Pennywise1971
What 20MM spacers did you get? Did you have any rubbing problems with the Tanabe springs and spacers? Was the ride much stiffer? I wish that they sold a quality shock for our cars like: Bilstein or Koni. Thanks for all your help I appreciate it.
I got them off eBay for ~$75 / pair. If you do a search for my old posts / threads you should be able to find a link to the ones I got. With the drop from the Tanabe's the 20mm spacers where just about perfect in the rear, but the front really needed another 5 mm or so. If I had to do it again I would have gone with 25mm up front. IMO the ride with the Tanabe's was actually better than stock. The spring rates are only minimally stiffer than the stock rates, plus the Tanabe springs are progressive, so the shocks had no problems "keeping up" with the springs. Why would you want to change the shocks and not go to coilovers? There are many different quality coilovers available for our cars and many cost less than what you'd pay for separate springs and shocks. If you feel you want to go with shocks too then just get yourself a set of coilovers... just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by platinumg35x
Hey 2g...car looks great and am looking to get the tanabe exhaust too. However, does it have any drone or rasp at any rpms after it's broken in? What about with hfc's? Also does it sound like a g37 coupe after the hfc's or before and after you changed the midpipe or before? I want my car sounding like a g37 coupe but NOT ANY louder... I know it's a lot of questions but help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Thanks man... Much appreciated.

There's no drone or rasp whatsoever with the Tanabe exhaust and the stock cats or even the HFC's. I actually thought this exhuast was perfect with just the HFC's... just a little louder than the G37 coupe, but without any drone or raspiness. However, once I got rid of the stock resonators and installed the Invidia Gemini resonated mid-pipe / x-pipe I started to get a little bit of drone around 2500 - 3000 rpm's when cruising on the highway and the engine's under light load (slight acceleration / up hill). If all your looking for is the "coupe sound" then I would just install the Tanabe axle back and be done with it. You will be very happy!

Old 08-26-2010, 06:05 AM
[QUOTE=2GoRNot2G;4909643]Hehe... I know exactly what you mean, Bro... I actually already have the AutoKits X rear diffuser on order, so I'm hoping to be able to install it next week!

https://g35driver.com/forums/exterio...iberglass.html

Did you ever get/install the autokits rear diffuser? I have a white g37 sedan and I have been super curious to see what it looks like on a white G. I have searched for pictures to no avail..

Old 08-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Yup. It's been installed for a while now. Looks great and fits perfectly. Search some of my older threads, I posted a bunch of pics with it installed... think one of the threads is called "Tuesday Afternoon Photoshoot" or something like that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Mods - Tanabe Medalion Exhaust & NF210 Springs - With Pics