Media Share V36 Sedan 2007 +Sedan Pictures

Someone broke into my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 04:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Someone broke into my car

I went out with my girl to eat and afterwards we wanted to walk around the mall. I parked like on top of the parking structure sort of away from everyone, like some us do.
So when we came back to the car, i wanted to put my food in there so we can go walk around without me holding anything. My girl thought it would be best if she left her purse inside the car, I guess someone was parked up there as well looking at us putting stuff inside the car and they saw her put her purse in there. We left and came back an hour later and my back right window is shattered and her purse is missing.
There is glass all over the car. The glass even shattered into my front seat.
I am sooo pissed. I got a police report and the report from the security guards.
I went crazy at the security guard saying that they arent doing their job and **** but its not really their fault.
What they gay thing is my alarm did not go off. WTF is up that

My girl had money, credit cards, her drivers license,her house keys and car keys inside her purse. So tomorrow ima go to the police station, let them take finger prints and then put new locks on my girls house.

This was one fvcked up night.
I did everything that i could so far.

I'll post up pictures in a bit.

But I have a question.
Is the dealer going to replace my window or someone else?

And here are some pictures.
Left everything the way it is except for the towel in the back seat.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:23 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
That sux man. If she left her purse on the back seat or the footwell area, there won't be any prints as the fuggers didn't even have to open the door (they probably just reached inside and grabbed it).

If your alarm has a shock/impact sensor, it probably didn't trip because the glass shattering takes relatively no effort. The impact sensor is made to detect blows to the body that resonate through the door to the frame, where the sensor is usually mounted (like when the doorlock is punched).

Thieves use a tool called a "center punch," which is basically a spring loaded tool about the size of a pen. They push the inside shaft down on a hard surface and it locks in place. They then place the outer shaft up to the window, push the button, and it releases the inside shaft which contacts the window and shatters it.

I'd have the dealer do the replacement (wouldn't trust anyone else). The sad thing is, is that if your deductible is 250 or more, you're probably going to end up paying it out of pocket as it shouldn't be that much to replace.

It sux bro, but it's a sad lesson to learn about leaving valuables inside your car.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:56 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
WOW! that really blows. Which mall parking lot was this?! At least no one was hurt.. GL w/ the fix man.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:17 AM
Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
That sux man. If she left her purse on the back seat or the footwell area, there won't be any prints as the fuggers didn't even have to open the door (they probably just reached inside and grabbed it).

If your alarm has a shock/impact sensor, it probably didn't trip because the glass shattering takes relatively no effort. The impact sensor is made to detect blows to the body that resonate through the door to the frame, where the sensor is usually mounted (like when the doorlock is punched).

Thieves use a tool called a "center punch," which is basically a spring loaded tool about the size of a pen. They push the inside shaft down on a hard surface and it locks in place. They then place the outer shaft up to the window, push the button, and it releases the inside shaft which contacts the window and shatters it.

I'd have the dealer do the replacement (wouldn't trust anyone else). The sad thing is, is that if your deductible is 250 or more, you're probably going to end up paying it out of pocket as it shouldn't be that much to replace.

It sux bro, but it's a sad lesson to learn about leaving valuables inside your car.
They didnt reach in and get it. They also opened all my doors from the inside. I dont see why the alarm didnt go off their either. I locked my doors and when i saw the shattered glass, i tried to open the door and it was unlocked.
They opened all my doors through the inside. So they had to have had touched something.

My deductible is 1000, but my moms living is based on things like this.
She said its not a problem. They window can be replaced. She's going to do her little tricks lol
But would the dealer replace the window for a cost. Im going to pay for it now, but the insurance will be paying for the costs.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:19 AM
Originally Posted by J2S2M
WOW! that really blows. Which mall parking lot was this?! At least no one was hurt.. GL w/ the fix man.
It was at the Burbank Mall.
I was parked on the top floor of the Hooters and CPK parking lot. The one and San Fernando and Cypress. Dont ever park your car on the very top at night, because those fvckers might be there again.

The scary part is that they have my girls car keys and house keys and they know where she lives. Im changing her locks in the morning.

This is just crazy dude

Old 08-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn Robby, that sucks to hear.
Good luck on getting the fingerprints. Don't forget to park your girl's car somewhere safe and to cancel her credit cards ASAP.
Hope you catch the lowlife d1cks that did this.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:23 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess you learned the hard way to never leave your valuables inside the car unless it is necessary, and even then make sure no one is watching and put them out of sight (ie. under the seat, glove box, but not the trunk unless no one is around b/c that's the most obvious)

Old 08-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
sucks to hear this man. hope it works out.
some people are just p o s.

Old 08-07-2009, 11:38 AM
Thanks guys.

Im about to get ready and head out to the Police Station. I just want to vacuum all that glass out of my car already.

Old 08-07-2009, 01:26 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
This sux ... hope everything works out OK.

Did you get a chance to check out the nearby trash cans? You can hope that they'll simply take what they want and toss the bag.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robby,
The dealer wont replace the window, they're gonna send you here:
http://mcalistersbodyshop.com/
They do all body work for the dealer. Since I got into an accident last night Im gonna go to a body shop I know and trust today after work. Let me know if you want to come with and have them quote you on the work.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:51 PM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
Sorry to hear this, i know how you feel my car was broken into last year also what a PITA it was taking out all that glass from the car.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:22 PM
Wow that pisses me off. F*ckers that can't make their own money the way everyone else does tries finding shortcuts. Man I'm sorry to hear Robby, hope everything works out fine. Sooner or later those ***s are going to get caught.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:33 PM
did your girl walk out of the car with the purse, and then put the purse back in the car?

always gotta be discreet.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Damnn so sorry to hear that Robby :\.. I am speechless as I am looking at those pictures and thinking how low life people can by nowadays..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Someone broke into my car