New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

New Owner's Bitter/Sweet story!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2006 | 03:26 PM
|
Red face New Owner's Bitter/Sweet story!

Actually bought the car early August...but I wasn't sure I was going to keep it due to the ongoing battle that ensued a day after I bought the car. Here is a gist of what went down:
After drooling over this car since it's inception, I got a job making barely enough to afford. I walked into a dealership in Long Island City, NY (Not sure if rules allow me to post dealership name), with their internet advertised price of $21,995 for '04 G35X. I had an Audi A6 with 85k. They gave me $8500+$1000 down payment. I was in the dealership for about 6hrs, it was 10PM and I had an hour and half drive back to NJ and I was exhausted and excited. I just wanted to drive home with my dream car (I know, i know, but it really was 4yrs ago). Anyway, when it was all said and done, I was financing $24,500 at an 9%APR with a Credit Score over 730. I immediately called the dealership the next day to explain over 6k in fees and what-not. They gave me the run-around and I started filling complaints with various Bureaus; Office of the Attorney General, DMV Consumer Fraud and Protection. They are not a member of Better Business in their district. A little over a month (Sept 15) with all this going on, I got into my first car accident trying to avoid hitting an idiot go came too far at an intersection. Front Bumper and underneath badly damaged, windshield smashed from me hitting the speed limit sign. I avoided a ditch and few oak trees, thank God for the VDC. The car sat at Repair shop for 30 days, made my first payment without it. Last month I hear back from the Attorney General's office with a letter from the dealership saying that they will give me my refund. I didn't want a refund, just for them to knock-off the excess fees, but I went there last on Saturday and they said they can longer do anything since the carfax reports that the car was in an accident. They refinanced it and 8% lowering my payment but for another year, and claimed that they did some thing grand for me. They wanted me to sign a paper stating that "I am completely satisfied and the dealership no longer owes me anything" and they will give me the Navi disc and owner's manual that they owned from the get-go. I told them I was not going to sign it and I walked away with the Navi disc. I don't know what else to do, but to chalk it up as a life lesson and do my best not to ever repeat it. So here I am, finally in this elite group of G35 owners. Despite it all, I AM A PROUD OWNER. If you have any personal comment, you can reach me at Chich0930@aol.com

Last edited by Offdahiizzy; 11-15-2006 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2006 | 04:47 PM
Banned
That sucks. You should never sign any loan documents unless you know exactly what every dollar is for. You are lucky that they did anything for you after you left the dealership in the car.

Welcome to the club, enjoy the car!