New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Finally got my car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got my car...

Just picked up a 2005 6MT sedan from Boston, MA. Trying to find a manual sedan with the sport suspension for less than $20K isn't easy. Luckily, this one had the Premium A package as well and is still under warranty. Drove it back to Nashville, TN last week.

It runs nice, as I'm sure you know. The amount of vibration in the shifter is a little different at first, but this is my first RWD manual and I'm assuming it's because the shifter is on the tranny instead of connecting through linkage.

The Bose system kind of stinks, but it did in my Tahoe as well. Does anyone really like the muddy sound of a Bose stereo? It has new Yokohama AVID v4s tires on it, which are pretty decent.

I find it a little annoying that both 12v sockets turn off when the car is not on, but I'll just have to wire in some new ones, I guess.

I found the drivers seat pretty comfortable on the 17 hours drive to Nashville. The seat controls started being noticable after about 8 hours, but I was wearing cargo shorts with a big pocket right where the controls are as well. I found that if I rotated the pocket out of the way, the controls didn't bother me. I got 26MPG traveling at 75-80, all hwy with several "new car with lots of HP" speed tests.

Anyway, off to start several new threads about underdrive pulleys, which type of oil everyone uses and which turbocharger is better...

Christian

Old 06-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Congrats on the sedan... there are very very very few who like the Bose system haha...

As for the oil and turbo threads... id do a little research first... threre are plenty of threads with all the info you need... Unless you’re just being sarcastic... i cant tell haha

Btw Welcome to G35Driver.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks...absolutely being sarcastic. Those are some funny threads, though...