New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Finally!!! With a surprise to me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally!!! With a surprise to me

So, I posted about three weeks ago that I had put down a deposit on my G and would pick it up at the end of the month. Well, that day was yesterday and it finally came!!1!11!

My dad came along with me, which was cool, always nice to not make a drive like that solo I think. We flew into Atlanta at about 9 am est and got to the dealer at 1030 or so to start things off. Of course, as people may know, it had been raining for about 4 straight days down there at that point, so we were a little concerned that the drive back might be slightly crazy (it was a bit).

We drove thru the rain for a couple hours, and finally it stopped and the roads dried out, I was slightly concerned about handling and so on in the weather, but it was solid. We filled up somewhere short of Paducah, KY as we got a drink, and my dad suggested I just top it off. First 12 gallons of gas - 310 miles, not too shabby I'd say honestly. I probably averaged 22-23 mpg for the trip, but that's a comment for another thread. Anyway, while filling up i was at my trunk and I noticed this (sorry for huge pic):

Anyway, to my admittedly newbish eyes, the prior owner put on clear corners, a NISMO ****, aluminum pedals, and if I'm not mistaken Borla exhaust... this was also a lease vehicle, which is interesting to me at least. Now, I may be wrong about it, and I haven't had time to really check every last thing out, but rest assured I will.

Once we got into southern Kentucky, we stopped to put on blind spot mirrors, I know they don't necessarily look awesome, but that is one good-sized blind spot! It's probably fortunate we did, because right as we were heading out again tornado sirens started going off. I think it must've passed by the stretch of highway we went through right before we got there, but we did run into the tail end of hail, much to my horror. We drove through that for about 40 seconds, with every hit sounding like an explosion, but thankfully there wasn't any apparent damage. Thankfully we were safe through that, and the whole drive was pretty smooth apart from that little adventure.

I apologize for the long post and lacking pics, I'll have to take some more once I've cleaned this sexy beast up again as she is currently filthy from the drive back, and I will do that. I'm just in a bit of a stream-of-consciousness mode right now.

Last edited by KU Kitch; 04-06-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:06 PM
good deal, I got my G from Miami, had to take my dad too cause he is the only other person who I knew that could drive stick, heck I couldn't even drive stick and what better place to learn than on a 1000 mile trip on interstate 95.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:05 PM
So here are some picture updates, sorry for the crappy camera, all I've got is my iPhone.

Here's mine from the front, and that would be my bro's new Altima Coupe parked alongside... it's pretty darn nice I'd have to say. Maybe not at the G level, but a very nice car.

Closer view of the front end

Side view of the new girl... these wheels clean up very nicely I'd have to add as well. Man are they sweet IMHO

And the back-end view of the ride, got the nice Borla exhaust going on, that was a nice surprise for me for sure...

Oh, and if anyone is interested, or knows anybody who's interested or has kids who might need a car for HS or college... we've got a couple low-mileage 2006 Spec-V's available at low prices, feel free to let me know. A long shot I know, but it's apparently pretty tough to sell a car these days, imagine that right?

Old 04-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was going to say something about the twin sentas in the garage get them out of there so the G has room haha. Nice G and nice color. I cant tell what the big picture is it is super huge.

Old 04-04-2009, 11:01 PM
welcome, keep it clean

big picture says BORLA if my russian eyes are seeing it right

Old 04-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by RussianMan
welcome, keep it clean

big picture says BORLA if my russian eyes are seeing it right
Your eyes are correct, and I got it resized to be a bit less gigantic for ease of reading

Old 04-07-2009, 12:52 PM
welcome to 'driver and congrats.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:32 AM
i was actually thinking of picking up a borla exhaust, are they loud?

Old 04-24-2009, 09:51 AM
I think it's nice and loud, I felt like more than stock from my test drives but I'm far from an expert. It definitely sounds meaner than stock does.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:48 PM
wow what a ride you went on,but overall great car.

Old 04-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
nice man, i got my car in atlanta as well and drove it back to KC. i got mine from atlanta gwinett or something like that on an internet special.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by 06g35meister
nice man, i got my car in atlanta as well and drove it back to KC. i got mine from atlanta gwinett or something like that on an internet special.
Oh really? I definitely saw several Atlanta dealers, but had read some fairly negative things about some of them. That's awesome that you got a good one though too, there are so many horror stories it seems like of GA being a bad state to buy a car from as they don't have a lot of buyer protection or something. I guess that's more for the smaller, non-dealer affiliated places though, maybe not as bad for the brand-backed places. Anyway, it was worth the flight and 800 mile drive back, that's for sure.