New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

oil consumption on 03 g35 coupe???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 04:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just bought 03 coupe and kinda concerned????

i am a recent g35 owner i just purchased an 03 automatic fully loaded with everything except the brembo and i love everything but gas milage anyway but am concerned because i bought it outright and it doesnt have warranty and iv been reading about this oil consumption in some models and engines being replaced and cars having to go back. my car has 70,000 miles what should i check and signs i should watch out for or just any suggestions in general for me about the car....also heard that cylinder 6 leaks oil or something like that ur comments and opinions are much appreciiated

Last edited by TantoG35; 06-08-2009 at 02:12 AM. Reason: wrong title
Old 06-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on your new G. And you have nothing to worry about. The OC problem is ONLY with the 6MT G's - which are Hi-Rev. It doesn't effect autos, and the Hi-Rev didn't come out until 05 anyway, so 03 is clear.

Best advice, change the oil - go synthetic. Some PM might be a good idea considering your mileage and that you don't know how the prev owners treated it.

Any plans for it? Any pics?

Old 06-08-2009, 02:18 AM
03 coupe

pics are comming soon i have been taking like crazy i just cant get them off my iphone anyway iv already bought the oem mud gaurds ft and rear and oem front lip just not installed i got all the white led for the dome lights courtesy lights and liscense plate lights i also got the led for the parking lights i got the tints done so its in the works fo shooo i wanna drop the car but need suggestions debating between spacers and an inch drop but dont wanna roll fenders or put camber kit any suggestions???

Old 06-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by TantoG35
pics are comming soon i have been taking like crazy i just cant get them off my iphone anyway iv already bought the oem mud gaurds ft and rear and oem front lip just not installed i got all the white led for the dome lights courtesy lights and liscense plate lights i also got the led for the parking lights i got the tints done so its in the works fo shooo i wanna drop the car but need suggestions debating between spacers and an inch drop but dont wanna roll fenders or put camber kit any suggestions???
Ladies and gentlemen..... introducing...... "the longest sentence known to man!!!!"....lol

Welcome to driver!

Old 06-08-2009, 02:34 PM
^^^ Punctuation FTW!

Old 06-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by brandon402
Ladies and gentlemen..... introducing...... "the longest sentence known to man!!!!"....lol

Welcome to driver!
I lol'd!

Welcome to driver!

Old 06-09-2009, 05:02 AM
dam im sorry i thought this forum was for MEN that own g35 and wanna get dirty and make there cras go fast by doing things themselves....well allow me to retourt.... if i knew we were going to have marry freakin poppins in the building doing proofreading and spell checks i would of had a glossary by me when i was responding ill be more considerate next time how was my original thread mistake free?? anyway

Old 06-09-2009, 09:52 AM
dam im sorry i thought this forum was for MEN that own g35 and wanna get dirty and make there cras go fast by doing things themselves....well allow me to retourt.... if i knew we were going to have marry freakin poppins in the building doing proofreading and spell checks i would of had a glossary by me when i was responding ill be more considerate next time how was my original thread mistake free?? anyway
LoL... Well, along with that glossary, bring a dictionary and thesaurus too. They could come in handy.

Oh, and by god you will spell my name right!! Its "MARY POPPINS" one R, not two. And I will have you know that I enjoy making my "cras" go fast, but not too fast, because fast "crases" sometimes lead to crashes.

Once again, WELCOME!! And dont take it personally bud, just poking a little fun at you.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Lol Brandon.

Hey Hey now Tanto - don't get all fussy. You will not last one week on this forum if you get upset over someone giving you friendly advice. Run-on sentences will get a lot of responses in this forum - mostly negative. And most of them won't be NEAR as nice as Brandon was. Spelling, OT posts, and wearing your feelings on your sleeve also gets negative feedback. Just a heads up.

And FYI - this forum is not JUST for MEN that like to get their hands dirty. Its for WOMEN too - who like to get their hands dirty. Not all of us have manicures (ok, so I do ) that we are too concerned about breaking a nail and won't do our own "dirty work". I've done my fair share on my mija. Actually, everything that has been done to her I did myself.

So before you get your panties in a wad, and start flinging out sexists comments, just chill, relax, and remember most of us are here for the same reason. K? Hello and welcome to Driver.