New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

From BMW to Infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:49 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust
yeah a rwd g will definatly be faster then a 325, probably not the x though
You are retarded. i knew a kid with an 07 325i and our 04 X **** all over that car any time i came across him at the track ( ) then my 05 RWD did the exact same thing. Our 08, yea, well he never got a chance to see who was driving because i got away too quickly

Originally Posted by Mikeyluis
I would never put "20z" on my car or call it eurotrash, I am still a bmw fan by heart, but pound for pound the g35 CLEARLY has it beat. Honestly i'm not sure why you drive a G? there's plenty of low budget bimmers out there.
I have been asking that for the past months. My conclusion is that hes stuck in a payment for the next 3 years and can't get out of it. Probably decided that he hates the car and vents his frustrations on here.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm a known harsh G critic, but I'd say it's an upgrade. I'm not a fan of BMW really, but I'll tip the hat when warranted.

I like the dash design of the 3 series, but I actually thought the interior materials paled in comparison to the G's materials. The seats (and dash interestingly enough) literally felt like BMW bought a ton of basketballs, tore them apart, sewed them together, dyed them black, and made seats out of them.

You spend your entire time in a car actually IN the car, so I like to be comfortable. The driving dynamics are probably better with the 3 series, but it sounds like you're not going to have much chance to experience that as you're plowing through snow and ice.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
You are retarded. i knew a kid with an 07 325i and our 04 X **** all over that car any time i came across him at the track ( ) then my 05 RWD did the exact same thing. Our 08, yea, well he never got a chance to see who was driving because i got away too quickly

I have been asking that for the past months. My conclusion is that hes stuck in a payment for the next 3 years and can't get out of it. Probably decided that he hates the car and vents his frustrations on here.
you can't get an e90 for what i paid for my 04 G and even if you could I wouldn't settle for an automatic 325i, I would want a 6mt 335i or 335xi...if i found manual 328i for 13900(which is what I paid for the G I would jump on it). And as far as E46s are concerned I would only want an M3 and quite frankly I would imagine the maintaince costs would be through the roof and they don't sound very good. If I found an 04-05 330i 5 speed I would have considered it but its a bitch and a half to find anything fun to drive with a manual tranny and even if I did they are slower then G35s. So when I found the G I grabbed it, and aside from needing a new engine and a few minor irritations it is a better daily driver then my RSX was so I don't regret it. Again none of this has anything to do with the OP's G35X so I will say this. Sorry for saying it was a downgrade, its more of a lateral move made in favor of AWD, enjoy your G and keep an eye on the oil level.

PS there is no such thing as an 07 325i, if it was an 07 it was a 328i and stock for stock they run almost identical times as G35x's with higher trap speeds 14.8-9@95 vs 14.8-9@94 for the g35x, so I will now make my favorite statment of all time: You beat the driver, not the car. (or you were wrong about the year) The RWD G would be faster though.

Last edited by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust; 09-29-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by MissouriG35
troll strikes again.
He is notorious. Hopefully he sells his "modded" G and gets a BMW.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Andrei
He is notorious. Hopefully he sells his "modded" G and gets a BMW.
you know my car feels different today, I think maybe there is a pebble stuck somewhere because I could swear it felt like 3350.7261lbs yesterday and today it distinctly feels like 3350.8146lbs

I don't plan on selling the G in the near future either. I never called it modded either, its almost entirely stock and what isn't stock is just OEM stuff from other cars.

I could sell it if I wanted to, I owe around 10k its probably worth at least 11 or 12 private party. But what am I going to find thats better for the 10k I owe? I haven't found anything remotely close.

Last edited by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust; 09-29-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 50 Likes on 49 Posts
Congrats on the new whip you're gonna love the awd!!!

Old 09-29-2010, 01:06 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
you can't get an e90 for what i paid for my 04 G and even if you could I wouldn't settle for an automatic 325i, I would want a 6mt 335i or 335xi...if i found manual 328i for 13900(which is what I paid for the G I would jump on it). And as far as E46s are concerned I would only want an M3 and quite frankly I would imagine the maintaince costs would be through the roof and they don't sound very good. If I found an 04-05 330i 5 speed I would have considered it but its a bitch and a half to find anything fun to drive with a manual tranny and even if I did they are slower then G35s. So when I found the G I grabbed it, and aside from needing a new engine and a few minor irritations it is a better daily driver then my RSX was so I don't regret it. Again none of this has anything to do with the OP's G35X so I will say this. Sorry for saying it was a downgrade, its more of a lateral move made in favor of AWD, enjoy your G and keep an eye on the oil level.

PS there is no such thing as an 07 325i, if it was an 07 it was a 328i and stock for stock they run almost identical times as G35x's with higher trap speeds 14.8-9@95 vs 14.8-9@94 for the g35x, so I will now make my favorite statment of all time: You beat the driver, not the car. (or you were wrong about the year) The RWD G would be faster though.
Then it was an 06. Either way it was slow as ****.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:10 PM
its got 15 less hp then the car that runs 14.8@95...if its slow as ***, so is an X because there is no way you could put more then 1.5-2 cars on it unless they dont know what they are doing. I suspect bmw in D no sport mode, traction control on just hits the gas on green vs you TSC off torque brake AWD launch manual mode ftpwnz0r

and if you want to see what biased BMW fanboys sound like read this

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99322

But on a test drive of an 03 6MT I somehow managed to get the backend to lift off the ground. That freaked me out. I've since discovered G's aren't so hot when you get past the limit...in fact it's like having a tiger as a pet - it's cool, quick, athletic but one day it may rip your head off.
Everyone else says the G is super predictable at the limits

Last edited by Hammerhead i-Eagle Thrust; 09-29-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
^^ You really are a douche...

Old 09-29-2010, 01:35 PM

It should be predictable, but it probably has alot to do with the tires, tire pressures, and whatever else modifications he was running.

I found the G more lazy and sloppy than unpredictable. THAT was predictable haha.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by MJ-G35
^^ You really are a douche...
care to elaborate?

Old 09-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
its got 15 less hp then the car that runs 14.8@95...if its slow as ***, so is an X because there is no way you could put more then 1.5-2 cars on it unless they dont know what they are doing. I suspect bmw in D no sport mode, traction control on just hits the gas on green vs you TSC off torque brake AWD launch manual mode ftpwnz0r

Jesus, just take your ***** out from the BMW tailpipe and call it a day. No one cares.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by MissouriG35
Jesus, just take your ***** out from the BMW tailpipe and call it a day. No one cares.
I find there are alot of ***** who follow alot of brands of cars. BMW just happens to have a great plethora of such people (Porsche too, but I digress).

Having said that, I'm not saying the OP is such a person. Now the link he posted, some of THOSE guys are.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:21 PM
im not a bmw fanboy at all, I just think the e90 is a nicer car then the v35

like you said, the guys in the link are bmw fanboys

Old 09-30-2010, 02:26 PM
Agreed.

Some of their comments are downright laughable though like this gem:
"Who ever goes japanese over german when money isn't a factor?"

When it's a better product, perfected, that doesn't have the nasty tendencies to fall apart like some German automobiles. I'd love to get into a 993 or even an older 911SC. The parts prices, however, scare the shat out of me.

Or this one:
"The shift lacked the buttery-smooth feel of a Bimmer."
Oh, you mean the rubbery 'is-my-linkage-even-attached-to-the-transmission' shift feel? That comes standard.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: From BMW to Infiniti