New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Got me a G!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Got me a G!!

I figured I'd make a little biography of sorts about myself here, I joined about 2 weeks ago when I was itching for a G and now that it has become reality I'm just settling in and reading/learning when I have free time to occupy.

I'm Aaron, 27 in the Lancaster/York, PA areas. I've been in the printing trade for about 8 years and currently hold a lead Operator role. My wife and I live in Lancaster and I frequent York (30 miles away) which is where all my family are.

I've had a passion for screwing with cars for a pretty long time and am the type of person that will rip anything apart with a printed off tutorial or some prior research and basic understanding.

I usually never buy the same make of car twice but this is my 3rd Nissan product, I've always been a fan of Nissan.....especially the GTR. I had one get beside my G the other night on the highway and downshift and I'm like dude, my cruise is on and your car is badass.

Anyhow, my car fetish started with this 98 Volvo S70 GLT (low pressure turbo) which I just went nuts on and dumped entirely too much money into, only to find that I grew sick of the outdated styling and high miles on the car when I'd leave it alone. New paint, PC wheels, completely new/upgraded suspension, everything but motor and trans internals I replaced using Genuine parts, stepped up the turbo, 3 in. TBE, tune....list is crazy long. I was a good car, never left me sit.

After 4 years of owning that car (119K - 190K) I just wanted updated styling, newer, lower miles and to generally stop having to preventatively replace so many parts. I wanted a car where if I wanted to work on it, it would be to upgrade and not to repair.

The end of the Volvo was when I came out to it one morning and found that someone had jumped on the hood, ran back the roof causing various dents/scratches. That was it, I wasn't going to fix it anymore.

In August 2011 I took a beating and traded it in at Hunt Valley Mercedes in Cockeysville, MD for an 06 Acura TL 6MT/Nav that had 75K miles. That was a terrific car, awesome bang for the buck and I could def. see myself owning another.

I stayed mild with that one, tint the windows, painted splash guards, Progress 24mm RSB and oil changes.

AND THEN about a month ago I started teaching myself about the G35's and came to the conclusion that I wanted to test drive one, specifically a 6MT/Nav 2006 model with under 75K miles.

Long story short I saw the saleman pull it up to the door and grinned so wide I thought my lips were going to rip open. lol After that it was a done deal.

I decided I had to have it, Lakeshore 6MT/Nav Coupe, 2006 with 61,400 when I bought it. Sport/Premium packages, optional 19's, new V12 EVO tires, loaded Carfax with religious dealer services/check ups.

The car came to $19,300 plus tax, GAP and a 3yr/36K mile full engine/powertrain warranty and I rolled over a little from the TL. I'm about as behind as I was with the TL though being that the G is worth so much more. Who knows, I wanted to play so I will pay. Oddly my insurance went down $10/month.

I'll take better pictures after a while here. I just got my Diamond Foam polishing and finishing pads and plan to use my 7424XP w/ Poor Boys SSR1 Polish and Meguiar's Synthetic Sealant when time allows. I already went over and clay bar'd the car and hand polished scratch swirl remover and repaired what I could.

Plans are mild.....

So far we have:

Stillen Z Tube
K&N panel filter
5K license plate bulbs

On the want list:

Tint, Tint not Tints
Painted Splash Guards

After I reach those goals we'll see how I'm feeling. I'm pretty happy with the car how it is, the 19's fill the wheel wells out nicely, sport suspension is responsive and comfortable, exhaust has a nice growl when you want it to. Who knows though, one thing is for sure.....the car will stay clean. I am a very meticulous person when it comes to my car's condition and care.

At some point here I'd like to change the trans/diff fluid and cabin filter but other than that she shouldn't need more than oil changes for a while.

Previous Nissans:

07 Altima 2.5S 6MT

01 Maxima SE 5MT

Thanks for reading and when I get around to giving her a full blown buffing I will post more pictures.

Comments, etc. welcome.

Most of the pictures are at my father's, I randomly decide to take pictures of the car as I spend most of my free time at his place with the wife and I working opposite shifts. lol

Last edited by ohsixmtee; 03-15-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Congrats!

I bought mine three months ago and I have to fight the urge to drive it all the time so my wallet isn't taken out back by the oil companies. Tons of info on here to read about the car. I just got done a few weeks back with buffing the hell out of my car and it pays dividends.

Happy driving

The following users liked this post:
ohsixmtee (03-16-2012)
Old 03-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
grats on the car. I had a 2005 coupe a couple of years ago. sold it and picked up an 03 evo. i ended up selling it just last week and picked up a g35 again.

I just love these cars.

I think you should drop it and get some wheels. You'd be surprised at the huge difference it makes

ohsixmtee (03-16-2012)
Old 03-15-2012, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by That's G
Congrats!

I bought mine three months ago and I have to fight the urge to drive it all the time so my wallet isn't taken out back by the oil companies. Tons of info on here to read about the car. I just got done a few weeks back with buffing the hell out of my car and it pays dividends.

Happy driving
Congrats to you as well! I hear ya, I've found so much useful information already in my short time here.

Originally Posted by Kazadel
grats on the car. I had a 2005 coupe a couple of years ago. sold it and picked up an 03 evo. i ended up selling it just last week and picked up a g35 again.

I just love these cars.

I think you should drop it and get some wheels. You'd be surprised at the huge difference it makes
They are sharp, I've just always had a soft spot for Nissan.

I could see a mild drop on some type of spring set, wheels is a tough one. I've found a lot of attractive sets but being that the G lives on the outskirts of a downtown city I want to be careful not to draw too much attention to it.

Enjoy your G.

Old 03-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Nice ride you are gonna love the G

ohsixmtee (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks man, already am starting to!

They are just such attractive cars....how could anyone not think they're sexy. lol

Old 03-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
very nice color, did you try to haggle the price down a lil bit? 19K is kinda high..I go up in lancaster sometimes to visit a friend. Just got a my G a month a go

ohsixmtee (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Received 576 Likes on 502 Posts
(I am not all here yet, Great party yesterday or this morning)

Welcome to the G community. Looks like you had a great collection of cars. The TL should have been fun to drive. But the G is way more fun to drive. I guess Nissan for you is really good car? What is your next thing to do on the G?

ohsixmtee (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
G looks good! congrats

ohsixmtee (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 12:54 PM
This morning I installed my Stillen Z tube and K&N drop in. Initial throttle response improvement is noted along with a nice aggressive growl under acceleration. $100 well spent.

That stock intake tube is FTL, what were they thinking? lol

Originally Posted by aaron3719
very nice color, did you try to haggle the price down a lil bit? 19K is kinda high..I go up in lancaster sometimes to visit a friend. Just got a my G a month a go
We started with the TL trade in being 12,500...price of the car was 19,800. We got the financing approved and then I haggled a bit.

I told them I'd buy the car if they could get my interest rate down by .6 percent to match what it was with the TL, 13K trade in and 19,300 for the car plus a little money down to cover the sales tax.

I pretty much said either bend a little to suit my needs or I'll drive my nice TL home with no skin off my back. They agreed to my terms and made the sale.

That's cool, enjoy your G! We'll see you around.

Originally Posted by bluedevils95
(I am not all here yet, Great party yesterday or this morning)

Welcome to the G community. Looks like you had a great collection of cars. The TL should have been fun to drive. But the G is way more fun to drive. I guess Nissan for you is really good car? What is your next thing to do on the G?
Thanks man, the TL was a great car and was a lot of fun to drive especially with the 6MT. The G is a totally different machine and is awesome in every way. I've always had sedans so I still feel a little cramped driving it but I will adapt.

Nissan has just always been a soft spot for me, I really like their build quality/reliability/cost of ownership.

Well, next for the G is going to be wetsanding/buffing the trunk lid to remove the badge outlines...this will be done by a body shop at which I was quoted $50. After that when the budget allows will come splash guards and window tint. After that it's up in the air....I don't want to change the car too much.

Originally Posted by HenryLee
G looks good! congrats
Thanks man!

Old 03-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats buddie! Looks great

ohsixmtee (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by taek
Congrats buddie! Looks great
Thanks! It's a pleasure to be a part of the G community, everyone seems like a bunch of chill enthusiasts.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Nothing too special, just thought I'd share my first wrenching experience with the car. Must have JDM battery cover meow. lol

Old 04-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
what front bumper?

Old 04-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! Enjoy it! =)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.