New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Seeking Advice on aftermarket Audio equipment Upgrade on 2008 G35 w/ Factory Bose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 07:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Seeking Advice on aftermarket Audio equipment Upgrade on 2008 G35 w/ Factory Bose

I drive a 2008 G35 Sedan w/ Premium Bose & Tech Package, and I recently decided to make some upgrades in the audio department. One of the items I bought was a Clarion Equalizer/Crossover/Additional Input (See link below) that I would like to see about installing, as well as to hopefully pick up any tips or advice from others who have added an amp and a sub to their existing factory systems.

Amazon.com : Clarion EQS746 1/2 DIN Graphic Equalizer with Built-in Crossover : Vehicle Equalizers : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Clarion EQS746 1/2 DIN Graphic Equalizer with Built-in Crossover : Vehicle Equalizers : Car Electronics

I had a professional Install the wiring kit, and the harness/part that goes behind the Factory head unit( which I DEF want to keep for bluetooth, GPS...etc) I believe he has the wires running down my drivers side and terminating at the stock Bose Amp, and from there to the Amp/Sub combo I provided at the time, which is a JBL GTX 500 Mono amp pushing an Audio Bahn DVC 10.

I just recently switched out the 1 10 for a 2 sub set up when I found a pair of Rockford Fosgate Punch Z P2 10's in a sealed box for 50 bucks at a pawn shop.

So... Everything seems to be working OK right now, but I guess I have 2 Main Questions:

Question 1: I am wondering if I even hooked the new speakers up correctly. There were 2 red/black outputs on my new box (1 for each speaker) as opposed to the one from the one sub I had installed, so I just added some speaker wire and basically created 2 positive & 2 Negatives coming from the box,then hooked it back up to the positive/negative inputs currently coming from my mono Amp with a wire nut. Did I do this correctly? Im 99% sure the new Fosgate subs are 4ohm, and I know there is a way to bring them down to 2 ohms which I think may provide more power and be better for my amp?

Question 2:
I eventually plan on replacing at the very least the main front and rear speakers factory Bose speakers, but I am not able to do that right this second, and my installer basically told me it would be a waste of time/I would be a moron to install the Clarion equalizer I mentioned above. But seeing how I already own it, I wouldn't mind at least having the bass and sub control *****, as well as the additional input provided. Is there a way to go ahead and install that (preferably somewhere in the cabin, not the trunk) with the setup I have now? If not, What additional components would I need to put that in?

I know this is a super long and involved question from a Newbie, so thank you so much for ANY advice or tips, they would be SO greatly appreciated!!! Wish me luck!!!