New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Newbie saying hello, just have my g35 coupe for a week

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 02:53 AM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
Newbie saying hello, just have my g35 coupe for a week

Hi all, my names Yinster ,, i am from hawaii, just got my g35 coupe for a week, bought it last monday.
It's a high mileage California and arizona car with several ownership ahead of me, it was a 2004 G35 coupe, i strongly believe everything is stock .
Being high mileage cars means theres issues here and there, but frames are good and all issues are relatively minor, nothing to major. for example no washer fluid coming out, have to replace a ballast and hid bulb, new tires soon and DIY on G makes me miss diy on my camry or other toyotas lol

Its a bit of a homecoming for me, i first started driving in a nissan sentra b14, than move on to toyota and lexus cars. Since i cant find a good deal on 1st gen is300 so i settle for a G, which always been a car i like, especially the coupe, have to thanks to my family for supporting my decision to get a coupe, mom was the one that suggesting g sedan and thats not what i perfered lol.

Hopefully i will keep the car forever , even though the g was originally a stop gap measure since i will be back to school shortly and i need my own car again

Attached below are pics of my cars, didnt get to take much pic due to my busy work schedule.

Attached Thumbnails Newbie saying hello, just have my g35 coupe for a week-dsc_9513.jpg  
Old 07-18-2018, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Interesting car for a student, but I like! I see you like silver cars .

Consider painting the grille black (minus the emblem) if you want it to be a little different from the norm out there and make that logo POP!

Old 07-19-2018, 03:19 AM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Interesting car for a student, but I like! I see you like silver cars .

Consider painting the grille black (minus the emblem) if you want it to be a little different from the norm out there and make that logo POP!
well i am going back for my master degree lol, during my undergrad i know a classmate of mine daily a g35 sedan with vip stuff haha ( i cant really tell which year from the back of sedan), but when i choose my next car, i want something big and a bit of fun.... after stuck in camry for awhile, its normal to choose something else right.. dad was the one suggesting me to get a 350Z but than he realize lack of backseat could be an issue

i will take the advice, the next plan for the car is to change out the outdated stereo and maybe a better amp than the stock one, maybe patch those front plate hole as well, some idiot drilled 4 holes on it lol

the reason i pick silver is how easy to taken care of and make the pop .... i owned blue car which is my favorite but also hard to keep it looking sharp.

p.s: my hometown is hong kong, so we do get skyline 350gt /250gt imported from japan, infiniti badge wasnt appear again with facelifted g37 lol, kinda sick of people calling you drive a skyline while i really try to keep telling people its an infiniti, and always will be haha

Old 07-19-2018, 09:54 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Yinster, "Welcome to the G35 Driver Fourms!"

Coupe was a good choice, who needs those extra doors or a back seat for that matter! There's very little you can't do in a front seat that you could back there! From the pic your Coupe look really good and well taken care of! Hawaiian sun on your paint is one of the main issues we hear about from the islands, garage and car covers will handle that! Modifications you don't need them, it only hurts the resale value!
Yinster, again welcome and enjoy the ride...Gary

Old 07-20-2018, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
Coupe was a good choice, who needs those extra doors or a back seat for that matter! There's very little you can't do in a front seat that you could back there! From the pic your Coupe look really good and well taken care of! Hawaiian sun on your paint is one of the main issues we hear about from the islands, garage and car covers will handle that! Modifications you don't need them, it only hurts the resale value!
Yinster, again welcome and enjoy the ride...Gary
thanks man..... well i will say g35 coupe has a backseat that can carry people in turns of coupe ( disregard solara and accord coupe tho).... well the last few owner sure did, but i dont have the previllege of garage since my condo only provide outdoor parking lol..... well, i plan to keep the car if i ended up liking it after my master degree, i guess g coupe will hold its value in the long run lol, i think clean g coupe will getting harder to come by lol

there are issues, but relatively minor so hopefully i will able to learn and share about my car in this great forum

should i go 18 inch tho?

Old 07-20-2018, 09:32 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Yinster
should i go 18 inch tho?
Only person that can make this decision is you. Weigh the benefits/drawbacks of each setup including cost to help you decide.

Old 07-20-2018, 04:47 PM
Mry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice.. Welcome to the family☺

You mentioned it had high mileage...just a tip the left and right bank sensors known to go out.
BEWARE your car will stall dash lights will light up ( Slip & VDC it will loose all power going down the highway..potentially deadly situation!! Infinite will not acknowledge this issue..no recalls... although it's happening quite a bit.
​​​​​​Please have it replaced do that FIRST.
Your first sign should be hard starting..
DO NOT DELAY TAKE IT TO A TRUSTED .
MECHANIC. 20-45 minutes tops to install and 250.00-300.00 approximately with labor.
Enjoy that baby!

I love my 2006 G35x sedan.🚘

Old 07-22-2018, 04:38 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Only person that can make this decision is you. Weigh the benefits/drawbacks of each setup including cost to help you decide.
well i am still debating, since my local costco gonna take 2 weeks to get tires for my 17 inch wheels lol.... stock 18 from g35 are nice but getting nice one arent that easy, guess i gotta wait and carefully deciding lol

Old 07-22-2018, 04:40 AM
Originally Posted by Mry
You mentioned it had high mileage...just a tip the left and right bank sensors known to go out.
BEWARE your car will stall dash lights will light up ( Slip & VDC it will loose all power going down the highway..potentially deadly situation!! Infinite will not acknowledge this issue..no recalls... although it's happening quite a bit.
​​​​​​Please have it replaced do that FIRST.
Your first sign should be hard starting..
DO NOT DELAY TAKE IT TO A TRUSTED .
MECHANIC. 20-45 minutes tops to install and 250.00-300.00 approximately with labor.
Enjoy that baby!

I love my 2006 G35x sedan.🚘

i have bought a service contract for my car, but well if i notice the symptoms, will go back have to check or replace for sure

Old 07-22-2018, 04:41 AM
update for the week, replace those blue led put by the last owners , waiting for hid bulb since my driver side is out now after replacing paseenger side ballast, than have to inspect more to decide wheter theres a oil leak or not.....