New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

The new guy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 04:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new guy

Thanks for the add here. Hoping to find me a nice g35 to have fun with

Old 09-22-2018, 07:43 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,459 Likes on 2,152 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
They're out there, definitely recommend deciding EXACTLY what you're looking for, what package, what options, how many miles, service history, etc. Then you just need some patience and a few test drives.

Old 09-24-2018, 09:22 AM
The new guy

Thanks man I hope so too.

Old 09-24-2018, 01:23 PM
I’m a new 04 G35 driver my self and I can tell you is a fun car to drive. Try looking on Cars com or cars guru. I fund my G35 on the Facebook market place. I got a really good deal. The car is worth every penny.

Old 09-25-2018, 08:50 AM
The new guy

yeah I hope so too. I just get worried if I go find one I don’t know what to look for. I seen videos on you tube on what to look for before on a g 35. I have seen some on Facebook and offer up. Just hessitent on going or to offer. Lol any help would help if u have anyfor me. Thanks

Old 09-25-2018, 08:52 AM
The new guy

Just don’t want to buy one and a couple of weeks later if fks up and I know fixing these cars are kinda expensive. That’s why I go back and forth on a g 35 and a Honda lol. But I already did the Honda thing and want to try something different.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
My Honda cost me around $5k per year all things included where the G has cost me $4k per year. So YMMV.

Old 09-25-2018, 09:43 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to the G35 Driver Forums!

Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
They're out there, definitely recommend deciding EXACTLY what you're looking for, what package, what options, how many miles, service history, etc. Then you just need some patience and a few test drives.
Good advice! ^ And I recommend finding a G35 with the least amount of mileage you can afford and the latest model year! Test drive shouldn't be once around the block, at least several miles so you can tell how it drives! Hope you find your ride, Good Luck!
Gary

Old 09-25-2018, 04:38 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
As the owner of a daily driven 04 which I bought at 110k and now has 130k, these cars are getting old and will need work regardless of mileage. Rubber decays over time, and all of the suspension bushings, engine mounts, gaskets, seals, etc are made of rubber. My advice: look for a car that has already had someone replace everything rubber with polyurethane, or plan for a suspension rebuild. At 110k mine clunked like crazy, and handled much better after replacing a laundry list of suspension parts.

Take a look at the rear differential bushing (can be seen without lifting car) - if it's not an aftermarket part at this point expect the car will need a lot of suspension work. If you get a car with the suspension redone, the engine is also likely to have been gone through and had expensive sensors replaced and whatnot which is needed on most of these cars now.

And while the 6MT/VQ35DE drivetrains are reliable, they're 15 years old at the maximum now, and most people on here have fixed misfires, bad idles, hard starts, and some have even had to replace water pumps and timing belts (despite these being "known" to last 200k+ miles when these cars were new). My 130k car overheated the other day with no warning or leaking (thermostat? Water pump?) and my cooling system has been well maintained over the car's life judging by new parts and clean fluids. Now the car struggles to start and may need serious engine repairs which would cost thousands if I paid someone to do it.

Just know what you're getting into, because I didn't coming from a family which only owned newer cars. Of course, if you're mechanically inclined and willing to put in the time anything can be fixed relatively inexpensively with the help of the awesome people on this forum! But if you're the person who needs to pay someone to work on your car, my advice is to get a newer vehicle as maintenance will bankrupt you paying for people to fix all the little things which can be inexpensively solved if you DIY.

That said, I'm not selling my G and will continue to restore it. It's a good handling RWD platform that can handle way more power than it comes with stock - a great project car base IMO.

Last edited by cswlightning; 09-25-2018 at 04:59 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:50 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
OP if I were looking for one right now here's what I would do.
1. Set your budget realistically. Make sure you add into it insurance, present and future maintenance, gas, pre-purchase inspection etc.
2. Decide if you want a coupe or sedan if that even matters.
3. Decide if you want an auto or manual transmission.
4. Decide if color is important to you or not.
5. Decide if you want a modded or completely stock car.

Search, search and search some more. Don't be swayed by features like OEM navigation, it's a joke and waaay outdated. Try to find a car with maintenance records and a clean Autocheck report. I'm not a fan of Carfax, they can be inaccurate at times and not show the true full history of a vehicle. This is critical in making sure you're happy with your eventual purchase. Be patient and attack this task with your head, not your heart. Then when you've picked a car have it checked out by a competent mechanic or a dealership. I would buy the newest/lowest mileage car I could find that meets all my wants. HTH