New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

Stock 2006 G35 coupe with all the options I think

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2021 | 11:54 PM
|
2006 G35 coupe premium
Stock 2006 G35 coupe with all the options I think

I recently bought a 2006 G35 coup 6mt , I've looked at the forums and from what I can tell it has all of the premium packages including memory for the driver seat, sunroof, 19-in wheels, orange stitching in the steering wheel... Along with navigation and the Bose stereo system... I will get some pictures, in the meantime... from the outside it's completely stock Ivory paint job tinted windows , stock rims... On the inside is completely immaculate hard to tell it's ever been driven everything works except the stereo, which turns on and functions normally most of the time although sometimes I get absolutely no sound. I have looked at the forums and have seen several causes for this that could be possible, I've been to several audio shops and to the Infiniti dealer here in Tacoma, they all tell me it's a very difficult issue and very expensive to fix... I blew my replacing the stereo budget unreplacing both front struts and a lower forward control arm... So if somebody knows a temporary fix between now and when I have to replace the system I would be greatly appreciative of that information - it does have an aftermarket intake and rather loud exhaust and seems to have a slight lack of torque... My previous car was a 2005 350z stock with the 5at and 17-in wheels so it was torquier maybe it's just in my head... But the exhaust is much louder and annoying than my z car, so I can guess that it's aftermarket as well also the cats are rattling... Not trying to build a race car I do enjoy driving sports cars but I never go to the track... So any help in what I need to take pictures of and how to go forward from here would be appreciated thank you in advance.

Last edited by HeyZeus420; 07-16-2021 at 12:22 AM.
Old 07-17-2021 | 11:10 AM
BANNED!!!
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Premier Member
Does the bluetooth handsfree work? Have you looked at the connections on the amp to see if it's just disconnected? Could be that someone had an aftermarket amp in the car and simply removed it before selling the vehicle.

Old 07-17-2021 | 07:37 PM
|
2006 G35 coupe premium
Originally Posted by cleric670
Does the bluetooth handsfree work? Have you looked at the connections on the amp to see if it's just disconnected? Could be that someone had an aftermarket amp in the car and simply removed it before selling the vehicle.
So it does work sometimes so the amp is not disconnected it's random when I start the car sometimes it works perfectly sometimes it just has no sound, I tried to connect my Samsung S10 Plus to the Bluetooth but got an error saying I need software and I'm kind of lost as to where I would find that... But when the audio for the stereo works the audio for the voice commands work And when the audio doesn't work nothing makes any sound... But the stereo is still lit up and everything works normally... A new old stock amp to replace what I have is $1,100 so that's out of the question, but I know on the 350Z the amp for the subwoofer had a similar issue that just required putting a piece of cardboard to keep the amp from sorting out internally.... But the bose system in my 2005 z was different than the Bose system in my G35