New Members Check In If you're new to G35Driver, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your G35!!

My 2003 g35 sedan won’t start. Please help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2021 | 06:53 PM
|
pink metal flake black carbon fast neck breaker
My 2003 g35 sedan won’t start. Please help!

I put a new battery. I put new coil packs in it. I put new spark plugs in it. I put a new after market intake in it. I replaced hoses. I put new battery cables and connectors. I did do the muffler and resignator delete. I put aftermarket steering wheel. I did get a code on the obd2 saying the acds switch needs to be replaced but once I removed the plug and wire from putting new steering wheel in it went away. Light come on it powers up but when I turn the key over all I hear is a click click clicking noise. I also tried to jump start with another car and still nothing. What do I do now? Please help! Thank you

Old 07-23-2021 | 07:58 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: Army
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by pink carbon g35
I put a new battery. I put new coil packs in it. I put new spark plugs in it. I put a new after market intake in it. I replaced hoses. I put new battery cables and connectors. I did do the muffler and resignator delete. I put aftermarket steering wheel. I did get a code on the obd2 saying the acds switch needs to be replaced but once I removed the plug and wire from putting new steering wheel in it went away. Light come on it powers up but when I turn the key over all I hear is a click click clicking noise. I also tried to jump start with another car and still nothing. What do I do now? Please help! Thank you
Have you read the troubleshooting steps in the FSM?

https://www.nicoclub.com/service-man...F2003%2Fsc.pdf

See page SC-9

Remove and bench test your starter
If it turns out that is your problem, have it rebuilt rather than replacing it.

Good luck

Old 07-23-2021 | 09:38 PM
BANNED!!!
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Premier Member
That clicking sound is the starter solenoid chattering because there isn't enough cranking amps supplied by the battery. Jump starting only works if you let the other vehicle charge the battery of the one trying to start.

Put a charger on the battery and GET THE THING FULL then your starter will work. If it still won't work and chatters after you FULLY CHARGE then the battery won't hold enough of a charge to start the car, replace the battery.