NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

it's official, you just can't own anything nice anymore ::again::

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry it's official, you just can't own anything nice anymore ::again::

well this time it happened to the FX. my dad was taking my kid to the little gym class and parked in the pathmark in jersey city on grand street. damn hoodrats tried to pry the frame around the window and then just smashed it to grab the GPS. so now i'm out the GPS since it's not covered under insurance, and i have to pay the deductible to repair all the damage. so yeah, it's official again; you just can't own anything nice anymore. the one odd thing was, they also swiped my insurance and registration. no clue what that was about.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Your insurance won't cover the GPS? Is it stock or an aftermarket unit?

Old 04-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
Your insurance won't cover the GPS? Is it stock or an aftermarket unit?
portable ala tomtom

Old 04-19-2007, 10:24 AM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sucks, but you always have to remove things like that from plain view. The hassle of taking it down and putting it back up again when you need it is better than leaving it in the window. Its going to attract attention of the wrong kind. I usually take down my hardwired radar detector when I'm in a area where I don't feel uncomfortable for that very reason.

You are right though, you can't have anything nice anymore without some smuck trying to get his hands on it or destroying it. Sorry to hear insurance won't pick it up, maybe your home owners will though.

Good luck man.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:25 AM
*Gunner Mother F*cker*
Welcome to Jersey City, NJ you have been able to own anything nice there since 1985.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by RXM
Sucks, but you always have to remove things like that from plain view. The hassle of taking it down and putting it back up again when you need it is better than leaving it in the window. Its going to attract attention of the wrong kind. I usually take down my hardwired radar detector when I'm in a area where I don't feel uncomfortable for that very reason.

You are right though, you can't have anything nice anymore without some smuck trying to get his hands on it or destroying it. Sorry to hear insurance won't pick it up, maybe your home owners will though.

Good luck man.
yeah you're right, i've actually decided against getting another one for that very reason. but still, i mean what's the most this loser can get for it? 150-200? no to mention the big @$$ infiniti splash screen. i'm not gonna bother w/ homeowners since that's just another deductible that probably won't cover it.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:49 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
you need a trunk monkey.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Originally Posted by tkman00
i mean what's the most this loser can get for it? 150-200?
Are you kidding, the most a pawn shop will give on that is 30-40 bucks. It's just unbelievable what they get away with.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Banned
portable ala tomtom
if it was in your car, and stolen you can claim it for insurance.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
if it was in your car, and stolen you can claim it for insurance.
nope, geico said they won't cover it since it was of the portable variety. if it was hardwired, it would be.

Old 04-19-2007, 11:34 PM
nope, geico said they won't cover it since it was of the portable variety. if it was hardwired, it would be.

That really sucks! I am sorry to hear about that. Luckily I have had no problems with my FX here so far.

On another note, this is why I HATE geico...some chick hit me last year while I was in my G Coupe and she had geico. They told me that the reason their insurance is so cheap is because they won't fix cars with NEW parts, only USED. I was pissed since my G was less than a month old. I didn't even have license plates yet. After fighting and threatening them they finally paid for new, but only because I told them I would just go through my own insurance and they could reimburse them, either way they were going to pay for the new.

Where is the Pathmark on Grand? By the McDonalds and Sunoco near Libery State Park?
I hope you can

Old 04-19-2007, 11:36 PM
smh...stupid people

Old 04-20-2007, 08:19 AM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G35Girlie
That really sucks! I am sorry to hear about that. Luckily I have had no problems with my FX here so far.

On another note, this is why I HATE geico...some chick hit me last year while I was in my G Coupe and she had geico. They told me that the reason their insurance is so cheap is because they won't fix cars with NEW parts, only USED. I was pissed since my G was less than a month old. I didn't even have license plates yet. After fighting and threatening them they finally paid for new, but only because I told them I would just go through my own insurance and they could reimburse them, either way they were going to pay for the new.

Where is the Pathmark on Grand? By the McDonalds and Sunoco near Libery State Park?
I hope you can
First, is it okay for a girl to refer to another girl as "chick"?

Secondly, did you also claim for depreciation of your vehicle due to the collision? If you fight hard enough...they pay.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Bad Toro
well this time it happened to the FX. my dad was taking my kid to the little gym class and parked in the pathmark in jersey city on grand street. damn hoodrats tried to pry the frame around the window and then just smashed it to grab the GPS. so now i'm out the GPS since it's not covered under insurance, and i have to pay the deductible to repair all the damage. so yeah, it's official again; you just can't own anything nice anymore.
Sorry to hear about it bro

Why do you leave the GPS for all to see? You need to start hiding it.

the one odd thing was, they also swiped my insurance and registration. no clue what that was about.
Maybe to find out where you live and see if you have any other nice stuff in your driveway...

Old 04-20-2007, 09:44 AM
G-Squad DJ =)
Originally Posted by Jerze Rat
Welcome to Jersey City, NJ you havent been able to own anything nice there since 1985.
^^^^ hahaha!

tkman - sucks bro sorry to hear about it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: it's official, you just can't own anything nice anymore ::again::