NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

DC Area G Owners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another MD/DC owner here. I live out in Calvert County and actually saw a silver Sport driving through my neighborhood the first week I got my car.

I work in DC in NW up near American University. So I come in down by the Navy Yard, head down 395 South to Maine Ave and then zig-zag through just about every traffic circle in town to get to work.

There's a nice looking 07 parked on Mass Ave. after the Naval Observatory that has aftermarket wheels.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:10 PM
I live out in Winchester. There are 3-4 new sedans out here. Maybe more....

As others said, check out the National G Club!

Old 08-27-2007, 01:32 PM
I live out in Leesburg. I've seen a handful of new Gs out that way. Maybe 1 or 2 coming down 15 in the morning. My wife drives the G to Rockville most mornings so she takes 28.

I've tried to high beam flash the new Gs I see as a way of saying Hi! and to **** off my wife.

We'll be down at the Va Tech game this weekend as well just not in the G unfortunately. If you get down there look for the 4 Tent "Compound" with Sat TV and Grill in Lot 4.

-Frank

Old 08-27-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Hokie_G
I live out in Leesburg. I've seen a handful of new Gs out that way. Maybe 1 or 2 coming down 15 in the morning. My wife drives the G to Rockville most mornings so she takes 28.

I've tried to high beam flash the new Gs I see as a way of saying Hi! and to **** off my wife.

We'll be down at the Va Tech game this weekend as well just not in the G unfortunately. If you get down there look for the 4 Tent "Compound" with Sat TV and Grill in Lot 4.

-Frank
Very nice, I'll keep an eye out.

Old 08-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i've also noticed that most of the previous generation G sedans are awds around the area.

Old 08-27-2007, 04:19 PM
Sport owner here. I live out in Ashburn, VA and frequent 28 and the dulles toll road. And yes, I hate paying the toll, its a ripoff!

I've seen quite a few 07s in this area.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by timn99
Sport owner here. I live out in Ashburn, VA and frequent 28 and the dulles toll road. And yes, I hate paying the toll, its a ripoff!

I've seen quite a few 07s in this area.
Ahh you're right down the road. I work in Tysons Corner so I just take route 7 everyday to work. Nothin like driving 12 miles in 45 minutes to an hour.

Old 08-28-2007, 10:34 PM
If anyone wants to do anything nerdy like a drive-through of DC, or do group drives through twisty roads in Northern VA, we should plan something for Labor Day weekend - long weekend coming up and I'm off till Wednesday I figure bikers do it, why not us?

Old 08-29-2007, 07:51 AM
I live down in Alexandria/Kingstowne and commute out to Chantilly for work. I've hooked up with some of the old guys from the 350z boards before and it was a blast.

As far as the AWD in this area comment, I did 3 years with a 350z on winter tires and decided it just wasnt something I wanted to do for another winter. I was actually giddy and laughing in a couple of the snowstorms last year at how awesome the car handled. Its not just the snow, its that this area is unprepared when the snow gets over an inch or two compared to say when I lived in New England where they were just better equipped because they got more snow. Plus I leave the house at 530am and most of the side roads arent touched by then. But its not just the snow, the AWD is great in some of these summer downpours we've had too.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Not in the DC area yet, but should be moving into NOVA around October. I hope to find a place to live close to a metro stop since I don't think my Sport would do well in the snow. If not I guess I will just have to get a winter set and deal with it.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Hokie_G

-Frank

I will be down there, on crutches though, so I am not likely to be moving around too much. No tailgaiting for me, to the game, and back home. Its better than nothing though!!!

Old 08-31-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm in Harpers Ferry, but travel through the NVA corridor and the Md corridor to DC certainly every weekend and sometimes when I don't use the commuter train, I'll drive the G. I've seen many sedans and coupes in my travels. I do get loads of folks asking about the car. Nice. I'd be up for a DC "G" club.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Frederick County

Transplanted New Yorker here in Frederick...

5 AT Sedan Garnet Fire.

I think the lack of G's in the area is due to the fact that there are not a lot of convenient dealerships.

In 2 years I have seen MAYBE 4 or 5 G's up this way.

Any good trustworthy dealership advice would be appreciated!!

Let me know if you all hook-up someplace!

Old 09-06-2007, 02:24 PM
McLovin
Im here in Ananndale Va and commute to Herndon via the VIR... every morning... thats the Virginia international raceway LOL.

Ive got an IVRY Prl coupe w/ 25% tint, so watch out for me on the way up there... Ive seen quite a few G's out there on my drive. Especially this one Hot chick that i see every once and a while in a blue AT g with 18's. Always nice to see chicks driving G's...

I would be interested in a drive too... Im friends with a lot of 350 drivers in the area as well...

Weekends are most always spent wake boarding and clubbing in DC..

Old 09-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey guys, I've been a coupe owner for about a year. Hit me up I'd like to join some of these events too. I live in Great Falls VA and I've seen MANY G's in the area, I've got an 04 Silver Coupe with 20% tint all around if any of you have seen me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DC Area G Owners?