NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

car wash in NY?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2004, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car wash in NY?

I have a quick question. My car has gotten really filthy and it needs a wash but there is only one problem...I have not put the hose out yet because of the winter weather. I was wondering if anyone has gone through a car wash with their G35? Any problems? Any recommendations? Any body go to one in NY?

Old 02-26-2004, 03:24 AM
Re: car wash in NY?

I might get Flamed for this. But, I take my car thru the drive-thru car wash all the time. It is quick and fast and only cost 3-5$ depending on what time of the day you go. You just have to make sure you don't scrape your rims on the track while you are going thru the car wash. I havent had any problems yet. I have been washing my car this way for years.

"Not all G35 owners are G35 Drivers"
2004 G35 Coupe 6MT-BS/BLK | Full Aero-Navi | Gounding Wires | Clear Corners | 15% tinted windows | 350Z Tube | JWT PopCharger | Front Lip Spoiler on order.....

Old 02-26-2004, 07:32 AM
Banned

I have taken it to the Westbury "hand wash" .Otherwise, I wash it and care for it myself. No problems with the car wash. Only go to a hand wash and request they use new towels beofre they dry the car.

04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf
V1
Blizzaks
R splash Guards

Long Island, New York, USA

Old 02-26-2004, 12:31 PM
BEYOND HELP

Blitzjb

Thanks for info, but Westbury is kind of a large town and one could burn a tank of gas trolling around looking for the hand car wash. [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Could you be alittle more specific.

TIA

<font color=red>--------------------------------------------------------</font color=red>
<font color=blue> G35C Twl Blue /Willow 5at Prem Splash Wood More 2 come </font color=blue>

Old 02-26-2004, 01:57 PM
G SQUAD

They have a place on 212th street and Jamaica Avenue thats pretty good. Queens Village handwash. Also there is another good place in Brooklyn called Car Spa Handwash which is real good. Also there is Imperial Handwash in Queens on Woodhaven Blvd. which is also good. I use all three of these but the most conv. for me is Imperial. I usually get it quick waxed also which makes the car look great. Good luck.

Old 02-26-2004, 02:03 PM

OMG...you answered where the scratches on my rims came from...my hubby a few weeks ago, asked how I got scratches and a chunk of rubber out of one of my tires..i told him I didn't know..maybe that's where it came from...oh wait...it might be the wrong side...hummmm
Kerry

Old 02-26-2004, 04:25 PM
Banned

It is on Old Country Rd. About 1/4 east of the wantagh. Next to the Nissan dealer.

04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf
V1
Blizzaks
R splash Guards

Old 02-26-2004, 07:01 PM
BEYOND HELP

VinNYCG

If the one on woodheaven is north of the lie about a mile maybe two, I took my elcipse spyder there a couple of years ago and was not too happy there, but if it werks for u I guess it's kewl.

I'll probably check out the one on Jamaica Avenue. It's a straight run down the end of the clearview xpway, then into Mr. Rogers Neighborhood.

There is one that just went hand wash in Great Neck, haven't been there yet but will also give it a try. I also heard of one on Northern and somewhere around 150th. Guess I'll be spreading the wealth around till I settle in on one.
There are a few right over the GW but fighting the GW, the XBronx, not to mention the $$$. I don't think so.

Blitzjb
Thanks for the info

<font color=red>--------------------------------------------------------</font color=red>
<font color=blue> G35C Twl Blue /Willow 5at Prem Splash Wood More 2 come </font color=blue>

Old 02-26-2004, 08:42 PM
G SQUAD

The one on Jamaica and 212th is adjacent to a Chrysler dealership. Be careful or you may pass it. Its right next door and just look for the sign. Queens Village Handwash. The owner is pretty cool and the guys do a good job. Good luck

Old 02-29-2004, 09:34 AM

Went by there (Village Car Wash at 212th St.) this morning and not only were they closed, they said they were under new management.

Old 03-01-2004, 09:09 PM
G SQUAD

O thats crazy.

Old 03-04-2004, 01:51 AM

i will never take my car to a car wash ever unless my hose is completely frozen. . i knew they were going to mess up my paint but i had to wash my car right after a big snow storm. sum low wage worker turned my wheel and bent my rim. i ended up paying for the carwash that messed up my paint, $150 for the rim to get fixed and another $150 to replace the tire that got damaged due to the bent rim.

Old 03-04-2004, 12:36 PM

I had the frozen hose problem until I remembered that I have water INSIDE my house. If anyone has a "slop sink" (like in a laundry room) they usually have (or can get changed to) a threaded faucet. Hook up your hose and Presto- running water! Have washed my coupe several times this winter-- as long as the temp is close to or slightly above freezing. No problems. Will never ever ever take it to a wash. Even a "hand wash". Watch close- they use the same mitt over and over, one towel to dry-- watch them dry the lower panels on the car. The towel can scrape along the ground. I suppose if I can't do it I will get it detailed- at least you get what you pay for.

Old 03-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Banned

What part of LI are you from?

04 G35C DG AT
Prem Aero Perf
V1
Blizzaks
R splash Guards

Old 03-05-2004, 02:23 PM

Stony Brook. I have a Twilight Blue G35C.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: car wash in NY?