NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Ramsey Infiniti of NJ - policies to piss off customers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 03:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow...and I thought I was the only one with a problem with Ramsey. I went to buy my car from them initially. Over e-mail they agreed to $500 over invoice and when I went in, they were trying to charge me a $270 documentation fee (which I know is BS). I told them that they never mentioned it amongst their costs and I know it's not a real fee...they disagreed and I said I'd have to think about it and would be back the next day. They basically said that if I need to think about it, then I'm not really ready to buy a car and wasn't serious about a purchase.

That was the last I saw of them. I went the next day to Competition Infiniti (Smithtown, NY), told them to beat the price by just $100 and not to charge me any BS fees and they'll have my sale. They did just that, I put down the deposit that day and picked up the car a week later.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys, I know it might be a bit of a hike for you, but Douglas is very good place to take a car for Infinity Service in North Jersey.

I have been living in Maryland for a couple of years and will still take my car to Douglas when I am home visiting family for a few days or a long weekend if the visit coincides with needing something done on the car.

A buddy of mine also says that Salerno Duane in Denville is good, but I have never been there...

FWIW!

Old 05-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Infiniti of Englewood, sucks big time. Brought my car there for the seat harness TSB, they put a huge gash and dent into the passenger side door and tried to to deny it. I went ballistic on them on the phone, because my fiance was picking it up and tried to bully her. I went there the next day and they were willing to resolve it after I raised hell in the service area.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:00 PM
I will be emailing a letter to Jeff, the service manager at Ramsey Infiniti. Will post it here along with his reply (I'm hopeful he replies).

Old 05-22-2008, 09:49 PM
G SQUAD
and then they wonder why they don't make buisness

Old 05-23-2008, 03:02 PM
So another Bill story at Ramsey. I went in to complain about the transmission (as some of you are aware - it hangs for about 2 seconds when it upshifts at WOT every once in a while). Here was the conversation:

"Bill I'm having problems with my transmission. For some reason it will hang up for about 2 seconds when I hit the gas hard when it is upshifting. My FX never did this so why is the G35 doing this?"

"Yeaaaa I think I've heard this before, you know the transmission in these infinitis just isn't all that fast, they're pretty slow actually."

"Well theres a difference between a transmission not shifting quickly opposed to the problem I'm having. This almost takes 2 seconds to upshifts - my grandmother's oldsmobile doesn't even do this"

"Yea you know audi's and bmw's used dual clutches to try and eliminate these problems, hopefully the next generation g's will have a better transmission."

I walked out after I heard that I was in such disbelief at how moronic he was being towards this. He didn't even try to help me figure out a solution or talk to anyone to see what the issue was. He just simply blamed infiniti for putting out a bad product.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by AlexF
I will be emailing a letter to Jeff, the service manager at Ramsey Infiniti. Will post it here along with his reply (I'm hopeful he replies).
Email sent, will keep everyone posted.
https://g35driver.com/forums/northeast/223091-letter-service-manager-ramsey-infiniti-nj.html

Old 05-23-2008, 10:26 PM
G SQUAD
:
Originally Posted by Thrillryder23
So another Bill story at Ramsey. I went in to complain about the transmission (as some of you are aware - it hangs for about 2 seconds when it upshifts at WOT every once in a while). Here was the conversation:

"Bill I'm having problems with my transmission. For some reason it will hang up for about 2 seconds when I hit the gas hard when it is upshifting. My FX never did this so why is the G35 doing this?"

"Yeaaaa I think I've heard this before, you know the transmission in these infinitis just isn't all that fast, they're pretty slow actually."

"Well theres a difference between a transmission not shifting quickly opposed to the problem I'm having. This almost takes 2 seconds to upshifts - my grandmother's oldsmobile doesn't even do this"

"Yea you know audi's and bmw's used dual clutches to try and eliminate these problems, hopefully the next generation g's will have a better transmission."

I walked out after I heard that I was in such disbelief at how moronic he was being towards this. He didn't even try to help me figure out a solution or talk to anyone to see what the issue was. He just simply blamed infiniti for putting out a bad product.
see what i mean with some of theses dealers

Old 07-03-2008, 12:47 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by AlexF
So I go in Saturday morning for my first 5,000 mile service to my local dealer - bring in my own oil, mobil 1 synthetic. Mind you that our other car is an 06' FX35 which we also service regularly at this place. I have been bringing in my own oil since 06', knowing that they charge $14/quart when I get it for $6. All of a sudden the service rep tells me that customers can't bring in their own oil anymore...WTF?!? I politely tell him about the price and he says he understands but that this practice is taking business away from them. He let it go this time, but said I can no longer bring in my own oil in the future.

When I ask him to also replace the bulbs that I brought in for the headlights, parking lights and fogs, he refused - said they don't do any aftermarket modifications and don't install any aftermarket parts. Now this contradiction REALLY pissed me off because they install an aftermarket remote start from DEI for $795, using a local audio installer, without voiding the warranty!

I wonder if all Infiniti Service departments have these policies now or just mine? would it make sense to write a complaint letter to the service manager or contact someone else at Infiniti? I've been a loyal customer and have been happy with the service they provide, but with this approach I'm seriously considering taking by business elsewhere.
Holy mother....$795 for a RS!! As someone who does remote starts, GPS, TVs etc for dealerships for a living I can tell you that is a massice mark up. If anyone around here wants RS I will do it wayyy cheaper than that. I know where I wont be taking my new G35 if I for some reason feel I need a dealership.

Old 08-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Go To Salerno Duane

Or Englewood.
Bought my first Infiniti in 00' from Ramsey, an i30T
A few years ago, tried to trade it in at Ramsey and the figure they gave me was a joke, and I told them it was a Joke, and left.
Went the next do to Salerno Duane Infinti and they gave me a nice price.
I bought the G and now have it serviced by Englewood.
Englewood and Salerno Duane are great, they give me loaners and never bother me. I am sure me and a few posters here have abused the silver g35 sedan a few times on loan while having their babies worked on for high prices, but done right.
Forget Ramsey, they will fold because they stink. That is the number 1 reason any business closes, they stink at what they do!!

Old 08-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LMAO! I think this is the first defense I've ever seen of Park Ave Infiniti. Someone call them. They'll probably want to print this and frame it.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Well its not a defense, its an opinion based on experience.

I have brought 3 fins (none from Park ave though) but have had nothing but good experiences with the servicing of my cars there.

I have bought all my fins from Salerno Duane.

I am a 33 yo professional, so I can haggle and def **** you off into giving me a good deal, none of that at Salerno, they were very straight up with me, deal was done in an hour each time.

Each time I take it to Park ave, they offer to do other stuff, but I do all basics myself, so I just say no thanks.
they just offer though, I mean it is Englewood NJ, they have easy access to lots of customers who will plunk down a 1k without a blink for whatever the dealer tells them.
Most people who take there cars there know nothing about the car besides its a nice car. the dealer can capitalize on this.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:46 PM
I try to take my G for service at Ramsey all the time since its like 5 mins from my work, but I totally understand how they are such PITA. I also tried the whole bring my own synthetic oil scheme, the service manager told me: "No, its like you bringing your own steak to the restaurant." Lol, ok. I do see a lot how ignorant they are toward customers, both in the service department and in car sales. They simply don't give a ****, its Ramsey in Bergen County New Jersey, a lot of wealthy people live in that area, those same people don't care about spending a few extra bucks, Ramsey takes this into consideration. I'll try Englewood.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:21 PM
I have seen a lot of shops that will not install parts brought in from the customers. I can think of two dealers in my area who have the policy.

While some of it is because of profits, some of it is also liability reasons as well. You may say oil is oil, etc, but if there are issues later and it is because you got from some party who was selling cheap products because they were bad, the dealer then has to deal with the issue. Electrical components especially, where you can get a replacement ECU for half the price or cheaper than what a dealer sells, but if the used or alternate source one starts creating issues, then they are on the hook for a repair that did not work or caused additional issues.

Not really defending the policy, but I can understand some of their reluctance to want to just provide labor on a customer bringing in a bag of parts.

Old 09-06-2008, 11:31 PM
If you want a dealer Douglass in Summit has treated me right. If you need some off warranty work I can recommend a couple shops too.