NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Ramsey Infiniti of NJ - policies to piss off customers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ramsey Infiniti of NJ - policies to **** off customers

So I go in Saturday morning for my first 5,000 mile service to my local dealer - bring in my own oil, mobil 1 synthetic. Mind you that our other car is an 06' FX35 which we also service regularly at this place. I have been bringing in my own oil since 06', knowing that they charge $14/quart when I get it for $6. All of a sudden the service rep tells me that customers can't bring in their own oil anymore...WTF?!? I politely tell him about the price and he says he understands but that this practice is taking business away from them. He let it go this time, but said I can no longer bring in my own oil in the future.

When I ask him to also replace the bulbs that I brought in for the headlights, parking lights and fogs, he refused - said they don't do any aftermarket modifications and don't install any aftermarket parts. Now this contradiction REALLY pissed me off because they install an aftermarket remote start from DEI for $795, using a local audio installer, without voiding the warranty!

I wonder if all Infiniti Service departments have these policies now or just mine? would it make sense to write a complaint letter to the service manager or contact someone else at Infiniti? I've been a loyal customer and have been happy with the service they provide, but with this approach I'm seriously considering taking by business elsewhere.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:10 PM
What a coincidence because Ramsey is the exact dealership I use.

I have horror stories from this place. I think it is just Ramsey because we switched to the Infiniti in Englewood and have had zero issues or complaints whatsoever. They are very polite and much much more knowledgeable about their vehicles over there then Ramsey will ever be.

Ramsey is a bunch of condescending jackasses and will never receive my business again ever.

I'm sorry about your episode there but I certainly feel your pain.

We tried buying the g35 after my FX was in a serious accident. All the sales manager did was ridicule my car and how many miles I had on it and how useless it was. Then another person in my family decided they wanted to trade in the X5 4.8 in mint condition fully loaded up for an m35x but the dealer of course played stupid and tried telling us "this isn't worth anything anymore." So instead of being honest with us trying to work out a price they simply brushed us off, told us they would call us back and never called us. We recently just went to the Englewood one and had a completely even swap worked out and a deal finalized within an hour with absolutely zero hassle. They respected us, respected the time we had and our knowledge of our cars.

I understand my story applies to sales but you must understand that Ramsey is run by a bunch of morons with zero respect for their customers not only in sales but also in service, as you experienced. If I ever hear the words "we are going to take care of you, don't worry" again in an attempt to get me to leave and not talk about my cars with them I'm going to cause such a scene and make them look like a bunch of fools in front of any customers there at the moment.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:16 AM
My dealership, Field's Infiniti in Glencoe, IL, will do all the aftermarket you want. They are also a certified stillen installer. Most of the G37's they have in stock are somehow modified whether it's wheels or exhausts. They have an FX45 with the stillen supercharger on it. It's hot.

The dealership actually gave me the stillen exhaust free of charge, with installation, included in the price of the car.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by guitarplayax
My dealership, Field's Infiniti in Glencoe, IL, will do all the aftermarket you want. They are also a certified stillen installer. Most of the G37's they have in stock are somehow modified whether it's wheels or exhausts. They have an FX45 with the stillen supercharger on it. It's hot.

The dealership actually gave me the stillen exhaust free of charge, with installation, included in the price of the car.

damn thats my type of dealership lol notice I didnt say "stealership"

Old 05-08-2008, 04:41 AM
Ramsey Sux!!!! Horrible Reps, i ended up buying my G from Englewood. Ray Catena Seemed nice too.

RAMSEY INFINTI SUCKS!!!

thats how bad they were to me I had Cap the statement.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:51 AM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
I bought my car @ Ramsey.

That was the only dealer i used to service my car.
Things were cool then all of a sudden things changed.
Now Ramsey its not so cool and seem to be more in PIITB business.
They don't care anymore about their customer base just on the bottom line.

I learned how to service my own car and haven't gone to a dealership(unless its for a part which I buy anyway) in over a year for service or warranty issues.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by TallyG
Ramsey Sux!!!! Horrible Reps, i ended up buying my G from Englewood. Ray Catena Seemed nice too.

RAMSEY INFINTI SUCKS!!!

thats how bad they were to me I had Cap the statement.
That is where I'm buying my G also. Englewood is much much better like I said in my above post.

have you gotten your car serviced in englewood yet? If so, how are they over there? Do you think they would do any type of aftermarket modding or no?

Old 05-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Interesting, since i usually don't have a problem with Ramsey. I can understand their policy with aftermarket parts and everything, but I wouldnt ask a dealership to install that anyway.

Old 05-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by xjonmo
Interesting, since i usually don't have a problem with Ramsey. I can understand their policy with aftermarket parts and everything, but I wouldnt ask a dealership to install that anyway.
What irks me is that they refuse to swap bulbs, which is a fairly simple and straightforward procedure, but support an aftermarket custom install of a remote starter. The latter messes with the vehicle's electrical system and the 08' G35 is full of gadgets. Tell me where's the logic in the dealer's stance?

And what about the oil? why do I have to subsidize their bottom line by overpaying for something by more than 100%? if it was a buck or two I'd have no issue but we're talking about $6 vs. $14 a quart here.

Last edited by AlexF; 05-08-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A few months ago I was pricing a G35X Sport and they were a couple thousand more than the lowest price I got. So, they didn't get that business.

I was planning on having them to do some service for me with fluids brought in by me, specifically Amsoil gear oil for the front and rear differential. Now I hear this, well, they're not getting that business anymore.

They can do whatever they want. It isn't the guys on the shop floor making that decision, it's dealership management. If they chose to lose business that way, so be it.

As for the logic of the dealer supporting the aftermarket remote start, I'll tell you what it is, $$$. They had you pay them for the remote start and they will get paid for any electrical warranty repairs should there be problems because I bet you won't be able to bring it anywhere else and have it repaired under warranty should you have an electrical problem.

As for the bulbs, well, you didn't pay them for the bulb (probably would have been a lot more than what you actually paid) so, again, $$$.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:16 PM
I despise $hitty dealerships.... glad I didn't go through them when I was shopping for my G....

Old 05-09-2008, 02:50 AM
I dont really have a special bond with any of the people in the department service at Englewood. Yet, I always easily talk them into extra things. For Example.

1) I have gotten 2 free Wheel Alignment, i told them something is worng with the car..........lol. we both knew better.

2) Had huge scratch (ok maybe not HUGE) on hood from something that flew of a truck. The detailer in englewood, on request buffed it out for free. Nice Guy!

3) I am Paranoid about my car, so everytime one of my exhaust misaligns, i have reallign it.

4) I got into an accident with my G (saving some idiot in a Tahoe) just recently, where there was considerable damage to the right control arm and sway bar, and or the time that its been at the dealer, my service advisor calls me everyday to give me updates. Not My BMW, or my Mercedes Dealer have been this nice to me ever.

5) I am 21, and they dont hassle me with loaner cars that i eventually keep over the weekend to abuse(regular fuel, and DS mode all the time). Park Ave BMW acts like they are loaning me their first born, and make a million excuses not to let me have it.

I always get a new service rep. so its funny they kinda still bare with me. All in all they seem good from my experience, which is nothing compared to the Ol skoolers on this site.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:53 AM
I am going to Englewood tomorrow to pick up my baby, its just been fixed, and man, college without car is horrible. I ve been late to all my classes.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:01 AM
Ok about the RAMSEY Dealership.

The Manager Literally called me a CHEAPSKATE, because i was request a lower quote. which i think is normal during car negotiation.. ..he wanted to sell me at 2.2% over invoice, ididnt want to pay anything above 400 eventually settled on 570. The manager literally came out and told me astory about his Integrity and how i am a cheapskate for trying to save couple of hundred..............ahem.....ahem.....this was my first car but i knew thats no way to talk to customers, young or not.

Oh well, they lost a customer, and Englewood gained one, i got the price i wanted with couple of freebies too.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Pa. G Squad (Philly)
I would call and speak to the service manager and then go from what he has to say. If you really don't get anywhere with that, then I would write a letter to corporate and CC them on it.

It is weird because we I have gone, it seems like the service department is very concerned about their overall performance and all the surveys they ask me to fill out if I get one, etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ramsey Infiniti of NJ - policies to piss off customers