NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

1 Week old and broken into in North Jersey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1 Week old and broken into in North Jersey

So Pissed off.

Got my new 2004 6mt -DG/Graphite-Premium-Splash 1 week ago today. Like all of you I already am in love with my car, which makes the following story so sad-

Just left dinner with friends at a nice restuarant in a nice town. Came out to help my wife into the passenger seat to find the window down, glove box open, floor mats flipped over and fuse box cover off.

My mind froze, it felf like time stood still, I knew something was wrong but could't process it. Obviously, I realized someone tried to steal-break into my car. I then walk around to the driver side to see the lock busted out and a 2 inch diameter hole punched into the door above the lock.

The cops said this is done because there is a default that lowers the window if the door is punched correctly. The cops were also surprised the car was still there, their guess was the would be theif were looking for a valet key, didnt find it and took off.

I would love to get my hands on the little bastards that did this!

My question:

It seems I will only need a new driver side door. Who do I go to for this? Will it come with factory paint if I go through the dealer? The car is a week old so I want to make sure the new door looks perfect and matches the rest of the car.

Any advice or insight is appreciated...I am so mad I don't know what to do with myself right now.

In Addition, does anyone know of a great auto body shop in the Short Hills-Livingston-Caldwell-Montclair Area.

Thanks for listening.

Old 04-18-2004, 09:18 PM
GSQUAD
Re: 1 Week old and broken into in North Jersey

I feel for you, my car was broken into about 2 months ago... the passenger side window was knocked out and nothing was taken but objects in the car was touched. My boss' husband who owns a automotive body shop luckily fixed my car for me and what fine work he did. I def did not go through Infiniti because they probably would have charged for more then what the damage was worth.

Old 04-19-2004, 01:49 PM

Man that sucks I live in Dover thats Morris county and know of 2 really good body shops Robbies autobody on Rt46 east in Dover and Reliance autobody on Rt 15 in Dover. Hope it helps and good luck with that.

03 6mt black/black

Old 04-19-2004, 04:10 PM

Thanks for the reply. It's funny the #1 reccomendation I got is also in Dover. Have you heard of Creative Coach Works on Blackwell Street?

As of now I am leaning on taking it there.

Old 04-19-2004, 04:30 PM

I do synthesis with how you feel. Can you let us know the name of the town where it happened so that we could have a heads up while travelling thru. or stopping by ?

Thanks,

Old 04-19-2004, 11:38 PM

i live in central jersey and take my security for granted.

i feel for you. i can imagine how i'd react

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:56 PM
Pa. G Squad (Philly)

Where in Northern Jersey? I used to live in Leonia, near Fort Lee.

04 DG/G/6MT/Premium
Philadelphia, PA

Old 04-21-2004, 01:15 PM

Yes creative coach works is good also they do alot of high end cars like benz, bmw. I always see a black Ferrari there it might be the owners.

Old 04-21-2004, 03:03 PM

In Summit NJ. K Girl. I am from Fort Lee orginally. Your in that area now?

Old 04-21-2004, 03:05 PM

thanks for getting back to me one...

Dropped my car off at Creative yesterday. I should have it back in week. Very nice cars there like you said, and a very high estimate to boot.

Oh well, after my deductible I should't care to much, right?

Old 04-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Pa. G Squad (Philly)

No, I moved down to Philly five years ago. I still visit every now and then. Taking a NYC trip on Friday.

04 DG/G/6MT/Premium
Philadelphia, PA

Old 04-15-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm also from Fort Lee but it seems pretty safe around this area.

I went down to newark 1 week after getting the car and was broken into the same way. I ended up just painting and repairing the driver side door back up. I also got rid of the lock on the driver side and put a cover over the key hole. After 6 months later the damage it starting to appear(the door where the lock is coming apart). I say get a whole new door and paint it.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by snelldogg
So Pissed off.

Got my new 2004 6mt -DG/Graphite-Premium-Splash 1 week ago today. Like all of you I already am in love with my car, which makes the following story so sad-

Just left dinner with friends at a nice restuarant in a nice town. Came out to help my wife into the passenger seat to find the window down, glove box open, floor mats flipped over and fuse box cover off.

My mind froze, it felf like time stood still, I knew something was wrong but could't process it. Obviously, I realized someone tried to steal-break into my car. I then walk around to the driver side to see the lock busted out and a 2 inch diameter hole punched into the door above the lock.

The cops said this is done because there is a default that lowers the window if the door is punched correctly. The cops were also surprised the car was still there, their guess was the would be theif were looking for a valet key, didnt find it and took off.

I would love to get my hands on the little bastards that did this!

My question:

It seems I will only need a new driver side door. Who do I go to for this? Will it come with factory paint if I go through the dealer? The car is a week old so I want to make sure the new door looks perfect and matches the rest of the car.

Any advice or insight is appreciated...I am so mad I don't know what to do with myself right now.

In Addition, does anyone know of a great auto body shop in the Short Hills-Livingston-Caldwell-Montclair Area.

Thanks for listening.
Wow Summit NJ?! That is the last place I would think something like this would happen. I used to live near there for quite a while! Just goes to show you anything can happen anywhere. Sorry for your misfortune.

Old 04-15-2005, 05:37 PM
G SQUAD
here s the thing guys, you have clowns that aren t from your area that look for hot cars to steal and bring them to their area to strip. i had my sedan s lock busted twice and if i were to have caught that person in the act i would ve rammed that screwdriver through his temple!!!!!!! oh excuse me , had a little flashback sorry good luck with it and i m sorry to hear that.

g-squad

Old 04-15-2005, 06:16 PM
youd be surprised... I work on Rt 10 in Parsippany and we have had a few cars broken into a several Acura headlights stolen... The Hilton and Marriott have a car or 2 a week stolen according to the cops... that whole area is a direct shot to newarkand cars are chopped in less than an hour... be careful

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 1 Week old and broken into in North Jersey