NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Infiniti Herb Chambers made me nervous today.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti Herb Chambers made me nervous today.....

I just dropped off my car to get the headlamps replaced (recall) and fuel gauge fixed (going bonkus).

The first impressions are giving me the jitters.
The valet took over my car and drove my car a couple of feet with my emergency foot brake on! It was squealing and i had to shout to him to stop and release the foot brake.

seriously... what in the world?!?!

They do not do a visual inspection of the car for any damages. I find that odd since I know that Toyota Watertown MA does a quick walk around visual inspection of my previous car. This should be done so as to protect the dealer from fraudulent claims and helps assure the customer that they will take good care of the car.

The front desk says they have so many cars passing through they dont have time.
But Toyota Watertown MA has time to do it though...
Thats some professionalism lacking there..

I hope they dont damage my car body or scratch my rims. Last week went i went there to check the fuel gauge, there were mysterious marks on the oem19s after i picked the car up.
Have no idea if they really caused it or it was due to the daily driving.
However i knew they were not there the day i bought the car.

Hope after i pick the car up today, everything will be perfect.

i wonder how the other infiniti dealer service departments treat their customers.
Too bad I am too far from most of them. Perhaps the next closest would be Norwood Infiniti

i dont think i can go to a nissan for parts changes under warranty right?
Erik : Nigel seems to be on some extended vacation. cannot find him .

Old 04-24-2009, 02:47 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
yeah Nigel is coming back on Monday...shoulda waited till he came back. NOBODY drove my G at Herb except him.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Stick with Nigel and you be arite

Old 04-28-2009, 09:15 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
My dealership knows I'm insane about my car and I force them to look at it before taking it in. I remind them that the exterior is scratch free, that I do NOT want it washed and I also point out that my interior is absolutely showroom perfect.
I've learned my lesson after they scratched my shift **** The argument that followed over who was responsible for the scratch was uncalled for but in the end, I got a new ****.
Now, they know better and take the time to look things over. They damage it, they buy it... and they know it!

Old 04-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Banned
I used to go to Nigel for everything. He was the only one I'd let drive my car. Took it there recently for that oil thing I had going on and they cracked my sideskirts on both sides then give me the car back saying its too low to put on a lift there cuz they changed lifts recently.

I go to Kerry at the Infinti dealership in Norwood now and she takes good care of me there.

Will have the sideskirts fixed when I bring it to PPGFREAK for some paint and stuff I have scheduled up in 2 weeks

Old 04-28-2009, 12:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never had any issues with the people down in Inskip, Warren /Cranston RI

Old 04-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Iron-Mike
I used to go to Nigel for everything. He was the only one I'd let drive my car. Took it there recently for that oil thing I had going on and they cracked my sideskirts on both sides then give me the car back saying its too low to put on a lift there cuz they changed lifts recently.

I go to Kerry at the Infinti dealership in Norwood now and she takes good care of me there.

Will have the sideskirts fixed when I bring it to PPGFREAK for some paint and stuff I have scheduled up in 2 weeks
So is Herb paying to fix your skirts?

PS - I like your sig.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
So is Herb paying to fix your skirts?

PS - I like your sig.
nope. They gave the ususal BS about them not being the ones that did it

If they did the walk around inspection they're supposed to do they'd know they were fine when I got there

no more going tothat dealership for me unless its for parts I can carry out. Service for me is only going to be a Norwood thing from now on

Old 04-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
I only let Nigel drive my car in and out of service. Never had an issue with my car at all and my car is body slammed with a kit. I think if Chambers ever damaged a car they would definately take the responsibility to repair or replace it especially if it is brought to their attention. Make note to only go through Nigel when you are having any service done at Chambers. He will definately take care you. Alex is cool but Nigel is the man!

Old 04-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by ZingMoney
Never had any issues with the people down in Inskip, Warren /Cranston RI
That's been my dealer to date as well. (That's where I bought the G)
They're the one's who delivered the car with a huge swirl (shame on me for taking a night time delivery) and they're also the hacks who scratched my shift ****. They also love to wash the car after telling them not to.

After those issues, they know me now. They are super careful with my car and treat me very well, although I'm sure they probably have choice words for me behind my back.

I planned on stopping into the new HC dealer here in Westborough just to have my summer wheel's TPMS sensors synced and now you guys have me scared to do so.
I hate HC dealerships.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't know about herb chambers. When I took my car in for a window motor problem, they wouldn't even take the car in because it was low. ( not lowered, but greddy side skirts) Thedude (dave) went with me that day, and they quoted me $150 to fix the problem. But later on refused to work on the car.

I took the car to kelly infiniti in danvers, and they took care of everything, for free. I don't think herb chambers liked my kelley badge when the car had the symbol in the back.

After that, i always take my car to kelly.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Iron-Mike
nope. They gave the ususal BS about them not being the ones that did it

If they did the walk around inspection they're supposed to do they'd know they were fine when I got there

no more going tothat dealership for me unless its for parts I can carry out. Service for me is only going to be a Norwood thing from now on
I wouldn't let them get away w/ it if you're certain they damaged your car. That's just crazy.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by ZingMoney
Never had any issues with the people down in Inskip, Warwick RI
Fixed

Old 04-29-2009, 10:31 PM
LOL! I thought maybe they were covering three town lines or something.

Speaking of Inskip... anyone been on Rt 146 recently?
WTF happened to that road? It's like driving down a f'n cheese grater!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:40 PM
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Welcome to RI lol. The state sucks on so many levels. You should see the road near the airport, its insane.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Herb Chambers made me nervous today.....