NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Richmond/Henrico/Petersburg/Colonial Hgts G group

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.88 average.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
yea but i want to see what times i can get too

Old 06-16-2009, 04:11 PM
CLUB MODERATOR

Received 189 Likes on 138 Posts
^hey, whatever you'd like my leadfoot friend....lol just wanted to see if there was any interest in going to this event other than you,me,paul and sameer.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my car tinted finally at Virginia Solar Tint and im not too happy with the results. They did a great job on all the windows on the door but on the back window there are 2 bubbles and they think that a piece of lint of whatever the thing behind the seats are made of somehow got into the glass causing the tint to not cure. They said something like that doesnt qualify for the lifetime warrenty thing and that nothing could be done. So many recommendations for them but I guess I am one of the unlucky ones.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by suprajjang
Got my car tinted finally at Virginia Solar Tint and im not too happy with the results. They did a great job on all the windows on the door but on the back window there are 2 bubbles and they think that a piece of lint of whatever the thing behind the seats are made of somehow got into the glass causing the tint to not cure. They said something like that doesnt qualify for the lifetime warrenty thing and that nothing could be done. So many recommendations for them but I guess I am one of the unlucky ones.
Sorry to hear that dude. They did my wife's car and my previous car - ok for the most part, but were removing door panels and crap just to do it. Plus it has alot of trash in it. I am taking my G to Car Toyz when I do my tint this time. They have got a very good installer there now.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:25 PM
CLUB MODERATOR

sounds like to me that when they cleaned or lack of cleaning was done that when they applied the tint to your rear glass caused it to not adhere. How can that not be considered part of the warranty when there are bubbles in the tint and they are the ones that applied the tint. IMO....this needs to handled by a lawyer if they can not/will not fix.
This is amazing that they would do substandard work like this because i had my windows tinted there and they did a wonderful job including getting it to adhere to the black bubble section at the top where is so hard to do.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:37 PM
yea the guy i talked to said something along the lines of them not working in a controlled environment so sometimes things like this happens. He also said that if people wanted 100% right work done that it would cost alot more than what they charge to install tint now. Yea i dont understand how they warrenty bubbles but this doesnt qualify. The guy also said that I would have to worry about my defrost lines lifting as well if they were to reinstall the tint but they did charge me more money than a normal car because my car qualifys as a "luxury sedan" so if something goes wrong, it costs more to replace than a normal car

Last edited by suprajjang; 06-16-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:36 PM
CLUB MODERATOR

yea the guy i talked to said something along the lines of them not working in a controlled environment so sometimes things like this happens. He also said that if people wanted 100% right work done that it would cost alot more than what they charge to install tint now. Yea i dont understand how they warrenty bubbles but this doesnt qualify. The guy also said that I would have to worry about my defrost lines lifting as well if they were to reinstall the tint but they did charge me more money than a normal car because my car qualifys as a "luxury sedan" so if something goes wrong, it costs more to replace than a normal car

chris, IMO i would really push the issue of them fixing the tint on the rear glass. I think you're getting the run around on this especially when you he said "that I would have to worry about my defrost lines lifting as well if they were to reinstall the tint but they did charge me more money than a normal car because my car qualifys as a "luxury sedan" so if something goes wrong, it costs more to replace than a normal car". They are looking at you as a young guy driving a Infiniti and can afford to be shafted. If you know a lawyer, explain the situation to him/her and ask to have a letter written to these guys to have the service that you payed for is not up to satisfaction and will need to be fixed or else...blah blah.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Thanks Tony for the advice. I was going to just let it go but the more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. Im going to call first thing tomorrow and speak with Mike because I dealt with him the whole time and some other guy looked at the bubble this past Monday. If that doesnt work I guess I could talk with my credit card company but thats the last thing I want to do because they did do work to my car and I dont want to see them get shafted even though they are trying to screw me it seems like. The lawyer part seems like it could get expensive and I dont think I would want them to try and fix my car after getting a lawyer involved but I will give a update tomorrow after speaking with them. Once again thanks for the advice Tony!

Old 06-16-2009, 11:08 PM
CLUB MODERATOR

^^Good luck Chris...hope it all works out!

Old 06-17-2009, 12:11 AM
should have went to R.P.M.

Old 06-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by SkylineGTR2789
should have went to R.P.M.
Where is RPM?

Old 06-17-2009, 09:20 AM
west broad street near the ford dealership

Old 06-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Im not sure about RPM. I know they are VERY expensive and I have heard some not so great things about them. Then again I heard great things about VST but im not happy with the work they did on my car.

As far as VST goes, I have to wait till Monday since Mike is on vacation and thats who I want to talk to.

Old 06-17-2009, 06:06 PM
we are tlking about tint they are not expensive and they do great work with tint

Old 06-17-2009, 07:02 PM
CLUB MODERATOR

Im not sure about RPM. I know they are VERY expensive and I have heard some not so great things about them. Then again I heard great things about VST but im not happy with the work they did on my car.

As far as VST goes, I have to wait till Monday since Mike is on vacation and thats who I want to talk to.
actually, that would be a great idea to talk to Mike since he was the one that did the tint on my vehicle. Tell him that i recommended you to get your tint there(give him the description of my car too). Hopefully, he will be more willing to fix this problem for ya. GL chris!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.88 average.

Quick Reply: Richmond/Henrico/Petersburg/Colonial Hgts G group