NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Unhappy with Douglas Infiniti in Summit, NJ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy with Douglas Infiniti in Summit, NJ

Aside from some things I didn't like during delivery of my coupe (no inspection, no test drive, etc), I have a problem with my plates (or lack thereof). Since Douglas Infiniti is in NJ and I'm in PA, I got a 20 day temp tag in my back window. I took delivery on 3/17 so my tag expired today, 4/6. I called and spoke to my salesman, Gil, yesterday - he said he was with a customer and asked if he could call me back in a few minutes. Understandable, so I said no problem. This was around 12:40 or so. I believe the dealership is open until 5, so that should have been plenty of time to research and get back to me. I never got a call back...

Sorry...just had to vent...I would NOT recommend this dealership! Or, if you must do business with this dealership, don't give Gil the commission!

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT
Brilliant Silver \ Willow Leather
Premium
Aero
Navi

Lansdale, PA

Old 04-07-2003, 12:08 PM
Re: Unhappy with Douglas Infiniti in Summit, NJ

Sorry to hear about that. I don't think the dealerships can give you another temp tag, or even just extend your expiration date. I know this is true in VA.

When you say no inspection, you mean you didn't get to inspect it, or the dealer didn't.

Why didn't PA give you another temp?

Things that should be standard at a dealership:
inspection of your car
test drive

It's your car, tell them that you won't sign anything until you test drive it. A little late now, but how did you know everything works?

Old 04-07-2003, 12:20 PM

I didn't talk to anyone in PA yet about getting an extension, a new temp tag, etc. Since I'm a resident of PA and bought the car in NJ, they would be different tags. A few years back I bought a truck in NJ and lived in PA - I had the same 20 day temp sticker in my back window. Once I got my plate in the mail, I stopped by a dealership in PA to get my inspection & emission stickers at no charge. My salesman, Gil, told me it was my responsibility to get it inspected, at my cost, when I received my plate.

As far as everything working, we did go over most of the features of the car prior to me pulling out of the lot.

Since my saleman never called me back (great service, huh?), I'm driving around with an expired temp tag. If I get pulled over, maybe I'll get an answer as to what to do... I may also call AAA to see what they suggest...

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT
Premium
Aero
Navi

Lansdale, PA

Old 04-07-2003, 06:08 PM

Sorry to hear that. Gil was my saleman too actually. I had to go in to pick up my plates myself. I actually had to call in to find out that they had my plates ready. This was 2 days before they expired, and they had not called me at all.

My experiece with him was good otherwise. I did a full inspection and test drive before I signed anything. They actually kept my car in the garage so that no one would touch it before I picked it up.

I think they are just unprepared for all the business they recently aquired. When I went there last november they were remodeling and in the middle of moving everything.

Old 04-07-2003, 10:29 PM

i also bought my coupe from DOuglas Infiniti, and in a few days i am going for my first service, does anyone know where to go? the garage in the back seems a bit small, and if that's where i do my services, who do i call to make an appointment?

-----

G35-Forum.com

Old 04-08-2003, 12:46 PM

Wow...my man Bret from Douglas called me the day my plates came in. H gave me the choice of picking them up or mailing them. Got them next day by FedEx. Nothing but good things here for me from Douglas.

Old 04-09-2003, 01:42 AM

I hear good things about Ray Catena's service. That's where i'm going since it's close to my job. Check out http://www.raycatena.com/en_US/ .

Old 04-09-2003, 01:48 PM

I had to call Lynnes Infiniti to get my license plates, then I realized the plates migh have not gone to sales persons, they all collectively kept in receptionist desk ( I gave my sales benefit of doubt). but It's not a really big deal to me.

Silver/Graphite/Premium/Sports/Winter

Old 04-09-2003, 03:17 PM

ray catena sucks. sorry about the bluntness, they may be one of the larger dealerships. but you can definitely tell they let it get to their heads. i went to look at the g35 last august w/ my wife. when we got there and sat down with the salesman and began negotiating, he accused me of playing games. my wife and i immediately got up and left. the next day we bought a g35 from denville infiniti. closed the deal up at noon and was driving it home at 2pm.

truth be told, i've become a proponent of smaller dealerships. imo, they truly value their customers. when i go for my next service appointment, i'm going to go back to lynnes and denville to talk to them about possibly trading in my 2003 for an 4/awd version.

good luck

Old 04-09-2003, 08:51 PM

Bret was my salesman as well. Called me the day my plates came in and offered to FedEx them to me as well. I chose to pick them up where I showed him some small holes in the side of the drivers seat. Hooked me up and said when I call for service to call him and he'll set it up so that they get that repaired when I come in for my first service.

Old 04-09-2003, 10:27 PM

Once again, I had to initiate contact on Tuesday. I called and asked for the sales manager - he was off. I spoke to Mike (title unknown) and he asked me to call back on Wednesday and ask for Grace if I didn't receive a call by 11. Guess what...no call! I called and left a message for Grace a little after 11. She returned my call rather quickly and told me she didn't know what the cause of the delay was, but I should have my plate on Friday and if I get any tickets, etc for expired tags, I should let her know and she'll deal with it. We'll see.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I don't feel like I should have had to spend the time following up. What ever happened to old fashioned customer service?

OK...I'm done venting for now...unless I don't get my plate on Friday!

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT
Premium
Aero
Navi

Lansdale, PA

Old 04-11-2003, 08:36 PM

Guess what DIDN'T arrive in the mail today!

Yeah...I snapped. Called the dealership and asked for Grace - she only works Mon-Wed. Asked for the sales manager - he's not in today. Asked for my salesman, Gil. He didn't answer so I had to leave a message. I then immediately called Infiniti Consumer Relations and spoke to Ann. Wow...finally...the first pleasant, helpful person I've spoken to! She gathered all the information, gave me a case number, and said she was calling the dealership immediately to see what was going on. Not 5 minutes later I get a call from my salesman, who just got off the phone with Ann. He said he received my plate today and would UPS it overnight. He also addressed my previous complaint about no state inspection/emissions. All I have to do is submit the bill and I'll be reimbursed.

Looks like I'm finally seeing the service I expected from Infiniti...

2003 G35 Coupe 6MT
Premium
Aero
Navi

Lansdale, PA

Old 06-05-2003, 08:14 AM

Just ordered a car from Gil at Douglas. He was fine over phone. Never went to dealership. Tested car at Catena's where I was treated nicely.
However, they were inflexible on price. Douglas took 1000 off msrp on 6MT.
At least on sale, he was very diligent and prompt on call backs.
Will use Catena on svc since they are close to house.