NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

I hate cops.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by megacrazy
Sure.

Increase driver education and make the exam harder...Hell actually it's not even an exam. Anybody and everybody gets a license.

Imposing artificially low speed limits doesn't solve anything. The limit on the NJTPKE is 65 most of the time and everyone does 85 usually. Now that's what I call enforcement that works. Accidents don't happen because somebody was doing 74 instead of 65...but because somebody made an error in judgment...cut somebody off etc etc.

Until the deplorable state of the roads is improved as well as driver education increased speeding fines remain a way of collecting money just like red light cameras etc.
https://g35driver.com/forums/5460232-post32.html

This has nothing to do with causes of accidents. Speed rarely is the CAUSE of an accident, but again: not the discussion matter here. It's the severity of crashes at speeds.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by monteitis
And so I argue that it is the non-sensible, non-courteous, knuckleheads who should be targeted by officers rather than the guy traveling slightly above the speed limit.
Anyone that says, "Sure, I'm going to do 80 knowing well that a crash at this speed compared to the limit of 65 is much more likely to result in my serious injury or death" is non-sensible.

Anyone that says, "Sure, I'm going to do 80 knowing well that compared to doing the speed limit I'll have a significantly increased stopping time and much more likely to cause harm to another motorist" is non-courteous.

Anyone that says, "Sure, I'm going to just disregard the rules I promised to abide by when I got my license and speed" is a knucklehead.

Did it ever dawn on you that maybe speeders ARE non-sensible, non-courteous knuckleheads?

Don't drink and drive.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not getting in the middle of this back & forth argument, but can you explain the MA State Police who's lights are not on and doing 80-90 in the passing lane? Are they knuckleheads too then?

Old 11-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Using lights is not required to exceed the speed limit when responding to calls. It is required when driving contrary to traffic control lights / signs (stop signs, etc.).

I shvt you not: On the highway, it's often better not to have the lights on. Have you seen how people react to a cruiser w/ lights on behind them? They don't pull to the right and stop as required by law. They do everything but that. Slow. Pull to the left. STOP. Drive 10 below the limit in that lane for a solid mile or two. But when cruisers fly up behind them w/ the lights off, for whatever reason, they move a lot faster. I think it has to do with "I better get out of his way before he pulls me over" vs. "I think he's stopping me, so I better be on my best behavior while we pull off the road."

Or they're in a rush to get donuts. Either way: I don't blame them.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
^^They do it everywhere. Some have a legitimate reason and some do not, percs of the job.....

Old 11-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by herrschaft
A PBA is the lamest **** I've heard in a while.

Legal bribes; like thats anything new though......
How is it a legal bribe at all? You dont pay to have the card on you. They are GIVEN out to family and friends.

Just like a badge is used as a professional courtesy to most police officers, firefighters, and emt's when they are pulled over. Hell my military id gets me out of tickets and i am required to show it. My fault nope.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most cops I have dealt with were azzholes. They are on some kind of power trip and think they are above the law. I have to go to court on Tues to try to appeal a ticket I got. I was going 75 in a 65 on a highway where everyone does 80 all the time. They hate on people with nice cars more.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Project
How is it a legal bribe at all? You dont pay to have the card on you. They are GIVEN out to family and friends.

Just like a badge is used as a professional courtesy to most police officers, firefighters, and emt's when they are pulled over. Hell my military id gets me out of tickets and i am required to show it. My fault nope.
You're REQUIRED to show it? On what grounds?

Old 11-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Darkmark7
Most cops I have dealt with were azzholes. They are on some kind of power trip and think they are above the law. I have to go to court on Tues to try to appeal a ticket I got. I was going 75 in a 65 on a highway where everyone does 80 all the time. They hate on people with nice cars more.
Boo hoo.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:51 PM

Originally, everybody was making it out to sound like this CARD was reserved for getting out of a situation with the law, and carried by only those a cop chose to give it to. Sounds like BS to me.

But since thats not the case, then I retract my previous statement.

And no, most cops don't care about the military ID. I have to show mine only because my drivers liscence expired in 2006.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
Originally, everybody was making it out to sound like this CARD was reserved for getting out of a situation with the law, and carried by only those a cop chose to give it to. Sounds like BS to me.

But since thats not the case, then I retract my previous statement.
It IS exactly what you described! It's a "I know a cop, so help me out" card!

Old 11-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Darkmark7
They hate on people with nice cars more.
I have yet to see a Lambo, Viper......etc pulled over on the side of the road.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Exactly what herr said mass. My license is expired so i legally have to show im still in.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Exactly what herr said mass. My license is expired so i legally have to show im still in.
Ah yea. Wasn't even thinking of that.

Old 11-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
It IS exactly what you described! It's a "I know a cop, so help me out" card!
OK, so now all of a sudden you know WTF it is???

Why don't you enlighten us with your definition of one.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.