NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

85 in 55 speeding ticket on the turnpike ... NJ-NY point sharing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
85 in 55 speeding ticket on the turnpike ... NJ-NY point sharing

Its been a while since I posted here but I figured it would be a good place to ask for some info. On last saturday on my way to E-Town I got pulled over in the Linden area for doing 85 in 55 .... most of the traffic was doing about 80 so I wasnt really going that much faster than everybody else. But I guess that doesnt really matter. I am going to court for sure to try to lower this down since this is my first speeding ticket since i got my license 9 years ago. The cop used pacing to determine the speed which I would assume would be the weakest method available to them in comparison to laser or radar. I have NY license and plates, I am wondering if somebody else from NY got a ticket from NJ and what happened with the information from the court ... on the ticket it says it will be sent to NYDMV, but looking at this page:
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmvfaqs.htm#tickets
it says that NY doesnt record out-of-state violations which makes me think all I have to worry about is the $ amount. Then again I have heard from some that the tristate area has a sharing system for points. Can anybody tell me their experience first hand?

Greatly appriceated.

Old 07-05-2005, 10:04 PM
I'm NYC registered as well. I did receive a moderate ticket in my BMW a couple of years ago for doing 53 in a 45 (NJ county cop). I went to court, got the ticket reduced, paid my fine and went on my way. The points do not cross over.

Also, do not alter your policy for any reason. It is said (I did not want to try and disprove this myself :-) ). that if you change anything within your policy that triggers the insurance company to update your profile which involves running your info. That is where they will pick up the new violation and hit you with surcharges. Kind of sh*tty since you don't even get points for the offense.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-06-2005, 01:02 AM
Pacing in the eye of the court is just as good as radar and timing methods...Just go and talk to the Prosicuter(sp) and he will most likely knock the ticket down.

Old 07-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Thx for the info guys. Much appriceated.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:48 AM
what about point on insurance??

Old 08-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Pa. G Squad (Philly)
Originally Posted by G35Gnome
Its been a while since I posted here but I figured it would be a good place to ask for some info. On last saturday on my way to E-Town I got pulled over in the Linden area for doing 85 in 55 .... most of the traffic was doing about 80 so I wasnt really going that much faster than everybody else. But I guess that doesnt really matter. I am going to court for sure to try to lower this down since this is my first speeding ticket since i got my license 9 years ago. The cop used pacing to determine the speed which I would assume would be the weakest method available to them in comparison to laser or radar. I have NY license and plates, I am wondering if somebody else from NY got a ticket from NJ and what happened with the information from the court ... on the ticket it says it will be sent to NYDMV, but looking at this page:
http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmvfaqs.htm#tickets
it says that NY doesnt record out-of-state violations which makes me think all I have to worry about is the $ amount. Then again I have heard from some that the tristate area has a sharing system for points. Can anybody tell me their experience first hand?

Greatly appriceated.
That sucks! Sorry. I know PA/NJ/DE/WV share points, so I was lucky when I got pulled over by an Ohio State Trooper when I was on the bridge in to West Virginia. LOL

Old 08-03-2005, 11:20 AM
could always try to bet on officer not showing up..then u can just say "not guilty" and peace out of there

Trending Topics

Old 08-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
85!!
Hard way to find out that the speed limit on the NJ Turnpike is 80 MPH...if you go at 55 MPH you get pulled over on suspicion that you are trying to avoid cops...any faster and you again draw attention to yourself...for being a crazy G owner