NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

NJ Police switching to laser??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NJ Police switching to laser??

I heard some of my friends talking about how radar detectors are now going to be useless because NJ Police are switching to Laser detectors in a month.. is this true? Is it going to be time to invest in a laser jammer and throw away the x50, or is it BS? I'm leaning (and hoping) towards BS.

Old 12-09-2005, 08:28 AM
I haven't heard anything about this, But I might be investing ain a jammer!. I went to the NOPI nationals this summer. Check this out, I pulled this off of the superstreetonline message board. I am going to ensure that this does not happen to me. Check out one of the people's story.

Word to the Wise....or unwise
#3407 - 09/23/05 10:22 AM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Here's to the worst NOPI trip ever...Between 2 broken down cars, one with a bad alternator we fixed in 20 min., and the other we had to tow to Atlanta from Charlotte, NC, (and had to wait for the part to be next-dayed from Canada most of the day Sat. so his car would run...), then loosing our hotel rooms becuase it took so long to figure out what was wrong with the car in the first place, the same night another one of the cars in our group of 4 was hit by a drunk driver at our hotel, and best of all 1 guy in our group got arrested for doing 30+ over the speed limit on our way to the Super STreet party and spent 21 hours in jail. DO NOT GET ARRESTED IN CLAYTON COUNTY if you are from out of state!!! They will ROYALLY screw you! He had to change into an orange jump suit, be housed in a 10x10 cell with 40 other guys, even though we had bail 4 hours after he was arrested!! Not to mention it was $1,700 cash!!! He saw NOPI a total of 3 1/2 hours the WHOLE weekend.
And all of that to turn around and drive 13 hours home the next day.
Maybe next year????

When I read this I thought to myself damn. I was doing a minimum of 115 all the way!! But after reading this message, I am getting myself a jammer and ooh yea, I will not be speeding anymore. I will take the car to the track for that.

Hey is anyone down to go to the NOPI nationals next year. This year I was the only G there on the super street tour. BUt mannn, when I got to the show, my jaw dropped, I saw a twin turbo G coupe pushing 800 hp.

BUt the best I think at the show besides the 5 car drift was the corvette engine in a RX-7. Yep, I could not believe it either. A corvette engine and a RX 7, damn!.

Old 12-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
State Troopers have been using laser for a while. I get sniped all the time on the parkway. Fortunately, I'm never speeding when it happens, but it still sucks. I'm a bit sceptic as to those laser diffusers/jammers really working.

Old 12-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by afr0puff
State Troopers have been using laser for a while. I get sniped all the time on the parkway. Fortunately, I'm never speeding when it happens, but it still sucks. I'm a bit sceptic as to those laser diffusers/jammers really working.
Ditto, I have also been hit by laser on 295.

Old 12-09-2005, 07:50 PM
Has anyone heard of Lidatek or something like that? It supposedly scrambles the laser reading until you can slow down. I need to research this.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:57 PM
It'd be pretty hard for all the cops to switch to laser though wouldnt it? I think laser can only travel in a straight line and has to come from a stationary base...so he/she couldnt drive and shoot at the same time which many do.

Old 12-19-2005, 12:00 AM
I have seen laser on the GSP, TPKE, and 195. lucky me the torppers were trigger happy and pulsed a some cars ahead of me. Now i never know if its a cop or another infiniti or a trail blazer settin off my laser....... anyone else ever get their v1 set off by those illuminated signs over the pky?