Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Need help finding 15k service in Bay Area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help finding 15k service in Bay Area

I've read some posts where some of you have gone for service in the Bay Area but I read a lot of mixed reviews on certain dealers. I live in Hayward and was wondering which dealer I should bring it to for my 15k service. I think it's down to Peninsula (where I bought my 6MT 05 G), Pleasanton (close to where I work), or Oakland. Out of those three, which would you guys recommend? Or is there one better somewhat close? Or is there another place that may not be a dealer that does a good job for a reasonable price? I don't want to get ripped off which I believe the dealers usually do but I want to make sure things are taken care of properly and carefully. Thanks for any feedback you guys have to offer!

Old 05-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
I have brought mine in to Pleasanton the majority of my maintenances. I just work down the street so it is very convenient for me.

They have always given me too service and on some instances have gone out of their way to help me out.

+1 recommendation for Pleasanton.

Old 05-22-2006, 09:19 PM
IQ9
Try Z Car Garage. Avoid Pleasanton like the plague. They did nothing but mess my car up and jerk me around for weeks on a seat repair. They got theirs through Infiniti Corporate-I sent in complaint, after complaint, after complaint after complaint. They were smarting from what took place for quite a while from what I heard back from Infiniti.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:49 PM
^^^i'm with IQ9...i'm going to zcar for all my future needs....i'm done with going to dealers except for warranty related issues...

IQ9 = starblazers?

Old 05-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Thanks guys...anybody else have experience with the service departments at the other dealers?

Btw, how are the prices at Z Car Garage? Any hook-ups?!

Old 05-23-2006, 01:22 PM
IQ9
The pricing is very reasonable. Call them, Rob usually asnwers. I have the Titan in for service today...yes I did say TITAN. They love the beast and it loves Z Car Garage.

Old 05-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What does 15k service consist of? I think its just bunch "checking" stuff, other than oil service and air/in-cabin filter change, do you really do a "15k" service at dealership and they will change you arm and leg for it?

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ht=15k+service

Old 05-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just had my 30k service done in Oakland. I haven't had anything else but great service from them and highly recommend them. But won't Infiniti give you a hard time on warranty issues if your car wasn't serviced through Infiniti?

Old 05-23-2006, 05:12 PM
From what I've read, their main goal is to squeeze as much $$ out of you as possible. There are three types of scheduled maintenance plans--Premium, schedule 1, and schedule 2. Under the Premium Maintenance, they state they check and replace more things than schedule 1 & 2. Schedule 1 has fewer things checked and replaced than the Premium plan. Schedule 2 has even fewer things checked (not replaced). A lot of members have expressed that the Premium plan is not worth getting. They do a bunch more checks and they replace your wiper blades and air filter (both of which are VERY easy to do youself). I plan on telling the service writer what I want checked or replaced as many of the members have recommended. According to them, you will save a lot of money that way. As far as warranty goes, I would read your service and maintenance guide. It specifically states things you are recommended to do and things that you must do in order to keep your car under warranty. For example, checking drive belts are recommended by Infiniti for reliable vehicle operation but you are not required to perform maintenance on them in order for it stay on warranty. However, the engine air filter needs to be replaced at the specified intervals for it to stay under warranty. Even then, if something happened, the service tech will need to prove that the air filter (or whatever it was) was the cause of the malfunction. Also, things like the air filter and oil/oil filter can be changed yourself or brought to somebody else and it will still remain under warranty.

My whole thing is, where can I bring it? I want a place that I can trust...a place that will check and replace all the things listed in the schedules and not charge you what it would cost to buy a human kidney on the black market! Any more recommendations? I want to make an appointment for this Friday and I should probably call today...

Old 05-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Registered

Old 05-24-2006, 11:58 PM
anyone goto the nissan dealership for maintenance? i heard is about 30%-50% less than wut it is at the infiniti dealerships.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:35 AM
i took that "15k list" to a local and trusted mechanic down the road at a gas station from where i live. cost me like $60 for everything.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:09 PM
IQ9
Nissan dealers are "forbidden" as I have heard it said from doing Infiniti work but I know many that do and it has been 50% cheaper. Z Car is still where I go when something is scheduled and not an out of the area issue.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:27 PM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by kamodo
I've read some posts where some of you have gone for service in the Bay Area but I read a lot of mixed reviews on certain dealers. I live in Hayward and was wondering which dealer I should bring it to for my 15k service. I think it's down to Peninsula (where I bought my 6MT 05 G), Pleasanton (close to where I work), or Oakland. Out of those three, which would you guys recommend? Or is there one better somewhat close? Or is there another place that may not be a dealer that does a good job for a reasonable price? I don't want to get ripped off which I believe the dealers usually do but I want to make sure things are taken care of properly and carefully. Thanks for any feedback you guys have to offer!
Come over to my house in san francisco and I'll do everything for you... I help a few other members out locally too. I am fully stocked with amsoil transmission fluid (MTG), Severe Gear Differential Fluid (SVG), the AMO (10w40), the HDD( thicker 5w30), and bunch of amsoil EA020 filters. I also have the oem charcoal filters and oem air intake filter.

I would prefer you brought the air filter and in-cabin filters yourself. Once again, the service is free.. or you can do it yourself if you need the tools or whatever.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by bythabay
Come over to my house in san francisco and I'll do everything for you... I help a few other members out locally too. I am fully stocked with amsoil transmission fluid (MTG), Severe Gear Differential Fluid (SVG), the AMO (10w40), the HDD( thicker 5w30), and bunch of amsoil EA020 filters. I also have the oem charcoal filters and oem air intake filter.

I would prefer you brought the air filter and in-cabin filters yourself. Once again, the service is free.. or you can do it yourself if you need the tools or whatever.
^ +1

I had Eugene's help (read: I sat on my azz and watched him do everything) in changing my engine and differential oil.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need help finding 15k service in Bay Area