Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

* 9-23 Monterey/Pebble Beach Z/G Meet *

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 10:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
* 9-23 Monterey/Pebble Beach Z/G Meet *

We are invited by 350Zers to join them for this drive on Saturady 9-23, lets make a good showing...

Itinerary

11:00AM -- Meet at: "MY NISSAN" 222 Auto Center Circle Salinas, CA 93907

12:00PM-- Depart for First Run (1 1/2 hrs approx.) * Note-1

1:30PM-- #10 BirdRock View/Pictures

2:00PM-- STICKS Restaurant @ Spanish Bay/Pebble Beach

3:00PM-- For Second Run for the folks that like twisties, mountains, etc. To be
determined at lunch and will be made accordingly. (Multiple choices to pick from) **Note-2**

*Note-1*

Direction for First Run (11AM-2PM)

* MY NISSAN to Hwy 68
* Hwy 68 to G20 (Left on to Laureles Grade)
* G20 to G16 (Right on to Carmel Valley Road)
* G16 to Hwy 1 North (Right)
* Hwy 1 to Gate to Pebble Beach "17 Mile Road"
Side note: Enter through Gate (Fee waived, if you say "I'm with the ZClub for the lunch meeting at "STICKS")
* Stop at #10 BirdRock (View/Picture Op) (Left turn)
* Depart (Left Turn)
* Stop STICKS Restaurant @ Spanish Bay (Lunch)

**Note-2**

A: Entrance to Pebble Beach and the 17 Mile Drive is $8.75. But...it will be no cost
for the Z Group.

B: Lunch at "STICKS" in Spanish Bay on Pebble Beach has been reserved. Has
beautiful view of the ocean, golf course, and there are multiple TV with all
different stations on to watch sports, etc. Meals are moderately priced and
portions are very generous. Please carry some cash with you.

MENU

Here's one of the menu's, there's multiple ones available, but these are good size portions, not like the regular portions. I know I've had the Classic Turkey and only could eat 1/2 of the meal and a young lady had the Philly Cheese Steak and could not even eat 1/2 of hers. The portions are + size. My better half and I always split a meal and we never come away hungry. This is just sample available:
One Plate Luncheon

Choice of:

Shrimp Caesar Salad
Romaine / asiago cheese / croutons

Soft Shell Steak Tacos
Guacamole / sour cream / salsa / black beans / rice

Classic Turkey Club
Fresh roasted turkey breast / bacon / lettuce / tomato

Philly Cheese Steak
Hoagie roll / peppers / onions / provolone cheese

$15.00 per person

There's lots more, just threw this in as a preview. And of course this includes items with it/them.

Copy n Paste

================================================== =========================================

Please make notation for lunch, snacks, or drinks at "STICKS" next to your name. We need to give count to restaurant ahead of time, as we are reserving a private room. "STICKS" is located in "Spanish Bay" on Pebble Beach.

1. machavez (Mike & son, 2 for lunch)
2. ajayjuneja (might bring RS4 instead, G is in shop for future demo stuff)
3. Setarcos (Tentative, 1 for lunch at STICKS)
4. zmoothg

***** CARAVAN INFO *****

From South Bay to Salinas -- Meet at 8:30AM @ Starbucks - 125 Bernal Rd, San Jose (its bit early but it wasnt my call )

***** Potential Caravan from EastBay to SouthBay if there are some interest *****

Last edited by limeg35; 09-18-2006 at 03:14 AM.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For those of you whom may plan to attend this run . . . Beware of the Carmel Valley run. I made this run with 3 of the 350Z members, one of whom is a personal friend of mine, and it is quite bumpy run to say the least. It's not the best run for your alignment nor your expensive aftermarket wheels.

rgtopz and WSchli1672, if you two happen upon this thread, I owe it to these folks to warn them ahead of time.

Old 08-23-2006, 02:55 AM
Andy, How bad is the Carmel Valley Rd.? is it broken pavements full of pot holes all the way or just parts of it? Now you got me worried

Old 08-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator
Shane,

The way I understand it now, Gabe and Warren may add this run to the meet, if people are interested. Four of us made this run after our Monterey meet. The road moves up and down, the turns are very tight and is filled with bumps, potholes, cracks, etc. It's quite an uneven road for the greater majority of the run. At speed it is quite unnerving. I did this run prior to getting my new wheels, tires, camber arms, springs and alignment. I would not consider making this run again. It cannot be good for the car at speed. The run is extremely jarring to say the least.

The road very narrow and is not delineated (2 way traffic) . . . Most of the turns are blind and only one car can fit comfortably/safely at a time. Yes, there is oncoming traffic, which is blind for the most part. We were using radios. So, the lead car would warn us when a vehicle was approaching from the other direction . . . And when that happens, you shut it down and proceed with caution.

Remember the time when you, my brother Al, Carol and I did the first dry run for the Santa Cruz run, last year? . . . I took the wrong turn and we ended up on that narrow mountain road? Well, imagine that with sharper blind turns and a road filled with roller coaster movement filled with bumps and pot holes.

Once again, this particular run may not happen. I had dinner with Gabe in Monterey this last weekend and I told him that this route is an alignment and wheel bender waiting to happen. I would be quite remiss, if I did not caution everyone ahead of time.

Old 08-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by andy2434
Shane,

The way I understand it now, Gabe and Warren may add this run to the meet, if people are interested. Four of us made this run after our Monterey meet. The road moves up and down, the turns are very tight and is filled with bumps, potholes, cracks, etc. It's quite an uneven road for the greater majority of the run. At speed it is quite unnerving. I did this run prior to getting my new wheels, tires, camber arms, springs and alignment. I would not consider making this run again. It cannot be good for the car at speed. The run is extremely jarring to say the least.

The road very narrow and is not delineated (2 way traffic) . . . Most of the turns are blind and only one car can fit comfortably/safely at a time. Yes, there is oncoming traffic, which is blind for the most part. We were using radios. So, the lead car would warn us when a vehicle was approaching from the other direction . . . And when that happens, you shut it down and proceed with caution.

Remember the time when you, my brother Al, Carol and I did the first dry run for the Santa Cruz run, last year? . . . I took the wrong turn and we ended up on that narrow mountain road? Well, imagine that with sharper blind turns and a road filled with roller coaster movement filled with bumps and pot holes.

Once again, this particular run may not happen. I had dinner with Gabe in Monterey this last weekend and I told him that this route is an alignment and wheel bender waiting to happen. I would be quite remiss, if I did not caution everyone ahead of time.
That road isnt the one we are going to take when we heading out of Salinas down to Monterey?, it is the supposed "Second run" after lunch right? If it is, I wont be going on that run then, dont feel like hearing banjo music, that is more up to Eloy's taste

Old 08-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by limeg35
That road isnt the one we are going to take when we heading out of Salinas down to Monterey?, it is the supposed "Second run" after lunch right? If it is, I wont be going on that run then, dont feel like hearing banjo music, that is more up to Eloy's taste
Correct, Shane . . . The Carmel Valley run will be a possible run afterwards.

Old 08-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is anyone interested in playin some golf up there?

Old 08-23-2006, 11:31 PM
Now your talking my game. Going on a drive with the cars, then with a Titliest.
Count me in on the drive and a afternoon round, of golf.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by dyenboy
is anyone interested in playin some golf up there?
well if golf is involved I might consider getting my lazy *** out of bed to get in on this run..."poor mans pebble" maybe?

Old 08-24-2006, 01:13 AM
I got following PM from one of this event's organizers to clarifying the route/drive conditions...Just want to share it with anyone who might be bit concerned about the road conditions for this drive.

I'm working on the fine tuning on the Monterey Pebble Beach Run with Warren. I did want to clearly mention to everyone that the 1-1/2 hr. twisty and bumpy (Carmel run) will not and is not part of the run at all.

However, many of the Z's in our area have done this run and enjoyed it. Once we get to our final destination in Pebble Beach for Lunch / Snack. Some of the local Z's may still want to do the 1-1/2 hr run after . but this will not be advertised as part of the run. If it is, I'll have Warren delete it out.

After lunch at Pebble Beach:
Plan "B" some people may want to head down to monterey to hang out. It's just 10-15 minutes away from Pebble Beach.

The original route to get to Pebble beach is a very smooth relaxing ride, nothing bumpy or dangerous at all. I think you will enjoy this run. Free parking. Free Entrance.

"Enjoy the Ride"

Gabe (rgtopz)
(Andy's and Warren's Friend)

Old 08-24-2006, 02:22 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Count me out. I will be watching UFC 63 on PPV.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:49 AM
??????

Old 08-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Count me out. I will be watching UFC 63 on PPV.
LOL . . . Shane, a few of you guys are going to have to put on the Speedos to entice Eloy to come this event/run.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mackinnr
well if golf is involved I might consider getting my lazy *** out of bed to get in on this run..."poor mans pebble" maybe?
so I checked out the website..and its quite expensive..but this is wa you expect from a quality course..
cheapest one I found was Del Monte http://www.pebblebeach.com/page.asp?id=711

its $105 with cart..http://www.pebblebeach.com/avail_rat...ndowHeight=600

But I did find 3 courses which are pretty close to Spanish Bay and are cheaper than pebble beach courses

Laguna Seca
http://www.lagunasecagolf.com/view.asp?id=292&page=6001

Black Horse
http://www.bayonetblackhorse.com/gol...rse/splash.htm

Rancho Canada
http://www.ranchocanada.com/view.asp?id=281&page=5675

holla..

Old 08-25-2006, 04:12 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by andy2434
LOL . . . Shane, a few of you guys are going to have to put on the Speedos to entice Eloy to come this event/run.
Speedos and be oiled up from head to toe.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: * 9-23 Monterey/Pebble Beach Z/G Meet *