Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Anyone recommend good On-line traffic school?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 03:19 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by mackinnr
agreed cru, keep us posted on the email, I am really curious now...
Dear Customer,

All Traffic101.com students records are secured and can only be accessed by the student and Traffic101.com personnel. We do not share any student information with third party agencies.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO REPLY USING THIS EMAIL.

Thank You,
Traffic101.comŽ - Support Team

Old 08-31-2006, 03:22 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by 06CPV35
Call me paranoid, whatever...causing hysteria, whatever....
All I was trying to do was pass on what I heard from a traffic judge about online class being public record verses non public record by classroom and what that meant.

You ppl doubt my and the judges word and my personal experiences of 33 years of driving.....whatever.

I'm in that 30% of ppl who don't lie to their insurance companies and have been screwed...whatever.

Enjoy whatever you choose.
Have you ever used an online traffic school? If so, did your insurance premiums go up because of it???

If you answered "No" than your 33 yrs of experience means NOTHING.

Give us some proof that the insurance companies are accessing the info and jacking up premiums.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:33 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
It's very obvious that you haven't grasped anything I have said in my past posts or the questions I have asked. I won't waste my time quoting my posts that answer your questions. Go back and read what I've said and asked.

Since you have done online class, you go get a driving record and anwer your own question which I asked before you, as well as what everyone else is wondering about too, instead of making me the bad guy who was only trying to pass on some helpful information.

I'll be sure to keep my mouth shut, on your behalf sonny boy, next time I get helpful information that I think is important for fellow G'ers to know about.

Don't even know why I'm wasting my breath here still on this post right now.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:07 PM
Sedan
Give us some proof that the insurance companies are accessing the info and jacking up premiums.

Sorry if I'm making you angry, that's not my intent here. I just don't think you should be giving out information without any facts to back it up. So far you have presented no evidence to back-up your claim.

Last edited by skeleton_cru; 08-31-2006 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cru thanks for posting the email. As we all assumed there is no back door deals going down between insurance companies and the DMV.

Old 08-31-2006, 07:06 PM
Sedan
cru thanks for posting the email. As we all assumed there is no back door deals going down between insurance companies and the DMV.
No problem. Those online traffic schools would fold overnight if they were releasing information to auto insurance companies.

Old 08-31-2006, 09:11 PM
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
I just don't think you should be giving out information without any facts to back it up. So far you have presented no evidence to back-up your claim.
Sorry, I won't post my driving record or insurance declaration sheet to prove what happened to me for the whole internet to see. If what I said that has happened to me personally is not good enough, so be it and and sorry for you and apparently others too, doubting my experience and rallying support with your cute email sent to a seleted few.
cru thanks for posting the email. As we all assumed there is no back door deals going down between insurance companies and the DMV
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
No problem. Those online traffic schools would fold overnight if they were releasing information to auto insurance companies.
When did I ever make those claims?
Once again you have misinterpeted what I have said.

Perhaps we will all meet up someday, being were in NorCal, and maybe we can try this subject again verbally, without twisting what I said and putting words in my mouth. And perhaps I can try to explain what happened to me and how I know my insuance co, without DMV telling them, jacked my rates and took my good driver status away for three years. But then again, why would I want to waste my breath again to people who don't understand what I say and come to their own conclusions of what they thought I meant.

This post has gone way off subject, has been jacked to he11 and quite honestly, I'm insulted by the lack of interpertation of what I say and what incorrect claims that have been shoved down my throat by the cute little posted comments/stabes from your seleted chosen privately posted EM.

The misinterpetation and games children play.....so sad.

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 08-31-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LOL . . . Gabe, look at what you started. The question that you have to ask yourself is . . . "Do you feel lucky?" . . . "Well, do ya?"

Myself, I would simply do this on-line. I trust that day is long in coming.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Andy, he must have, he's the one looking the help. LOL

Old 08-31-2006, 10:50 PM
Yeah, sure!!

Old 09-01-2006, 02:54 AM
Sedan
Sorry, I won't post my driving record or insurance declaration sheet to prove what happened to me for the whole internet to see. If what I said that has happened to me personally is not good enough, so be it and and sorry for you and apparently others too
This is what you said: "Personally, I have never done the online school thing, always done the classroom thing (good time to read a book or catch some zzzzz's) so I can't say for sure what the judge said to my son is true from personal experience regarding online traffic school."
So where is your personal experience with online traffic school raising your insurance premiums vs. in class traffic school???

doubting my experience
What experience??? You don’t have any when it comes to online traffic school. Meanwhile several people have chimed in saying they have used online traffic school with no problems.

and rallying support with your cute email sent to a seleted few.
I'm not trying to rally anybody, I don't need to. You haven't presented any facts to support your argument. I said I would email Traffic101 about this issue and I did. I posted their response as promised. If you choose not to believe the response I received than that's your right. If what you say is true than the online traffic schools would lose business at an astronomical rate. I don't think that's the case since so many seem to be thriving.

When did I ever make those claims?
Once again you have misinterpeted what I have said.
On line traffic school, though quick and convient, is public record.
Your insurance co can still find out you had a moving violation.

Did you not say that???

Perhaps we will all meet up someday, being were in NorCal, and maybe we can try this subject again verbally, without twisting what I said and putting words in my mouth. And perhaps I can try to explain what happened to me and how I know my insuance co, without DMV telling them, jacked my rates and took my good driver status away for three years. But then again, why would I want to waste my breath again to people who don't understand what I say and come to their own conclusions of what they thought I meant.
How is it you can attribute your raise in premiums to online traffic school, you never took an online class!!!

This post has gone way off subject, has been jacked to he11 and quite honestly, I'm insulted by the lack of interpertation of what I say and what incorrect claims that have been shoved down my throat by the cute little posted comments/stabes from your seleted chosen privately posted EM.
I’m not sure what you’re saying here but sounds like a paranoid conspiracy theory to me. I didn’t PM or email anybody about this thread. I simply posted what my experience has been with online traffic school. What’s you’re experience with online traffic school? I’ll answer that for you…NONE.

One other thing, the judge in a courtroom is not under oath, only the witnesses. Like someone else suggested he/she probably told you that so your son would take the in class school and learn a lesson. Doing the online thing would let him off too easily.

Old 09-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Point, Cru.

Old 09-01-2006, 03:18 PM
6MT Coupe
Ahhh Cru, I will try this one more time in trying to straighten this out.
You're hearing me wrong my friend in what I've been trying to say, explain and claim.

Let me start by saying I missed your post on the EM. Now I see it, so my bad on the Rallying and privite EM thing I rescind my comments pertaining to that. Of course driving schools don't report directly to insurance co. I never claimed they did. They report to DMV from the certificate they send, correct me if I'm wrong there.

What the judge was saying is classroom school's certif. is nonpublic record meaning.... DMV will not record anything about it. The point and the violation number w/date is not recorded on your record when they receive the schools certif.

But when DMV receives the certif from online school, it's public record meaning....the point is not recorded, but the violation number w/date is recorded on your record.

I mentioned/asked, more than once, if anyone could confirm this with their driving record and in taking online school.
No one has. So we still do not know if the Judge was yanking everyones chain in court that day or not.
I also disclosed more than once that I've never done online school so I can't personally claim what the judge said is true. Again, why I asked for confirmation from anyone out there with personal experience.

This is why I originally chimmed in. Thought this would be appreciated by others to know of what I was just recently told and did not know myself.

So with that picture painted, hopefully understood what is meant by public and nonpublic record and assuming the Judge is correct and what your driving record will/could look like and with my non traffic school situation record results relating to what online school may do to your record results, let's move on to the debated subject of Insurance rates being raised.

I never stated that all ins. co. check your record, some do, some don't. Though, I would think most do when it comes time for renewal of your policy and possibly just randomly. Most like to know what you've been up to for the past year. They have access to your record as employers do, including ourselves to see if you have any moving violations. Keep in mind, points are used as a score in determining whether you keep your license or have it suspended by DMV. Too many points, loose license, but moving violations are moving violations with or without points attached to them.
Correct me I'm wrong, but doesn't DMV report to ins co when you have a point added or a reported accident? That's a given for a premium increase, no?

The point there was, (assuming the Judge is correct about online school and your record reflecting the occurence but not the violation point against you), you run the chance of your ins. co. seeing that violation and counting that against you if they happen to run your DMV driving record. A violation is a violation, points have nothing to do with this.
Don't insurance rates increase if you have recorded violations? Mine do and did, due to a recorded violation on my record that my insurance co saw when they checked my DMV record. Driving school had nothing to do with this personal experience as I mentioned before.
I did have a situation where I had points dropped (or never recorded) but the vehicle violation code number did show with the date of occurance on my public DMV driving record that I obtained after about 3 months when it was all done with in court. Traffic school for that occurance was not an option.
No one told my ins co I had this violation, but when they ran my record, there it was.
This is what the judge was saying about online school, your record will look the same as mine did (non traffic school related) and the ins co will see the moving violation if they check.

When my policy was renewed, my rates went through the roof, my policy declaration page showed my 'good driver' status dropped, which took 3 yrs to get back and I had no accidents and no driving points on my driving record for that year.

Think I can safely say my rates went up because of what was on my driving record. That's how I claimed my rates increased. I never claimed my rates increased from online school.

I really wish someone who has taken online school recently, would confirm what shows or better yet, what doesn't show up on their driving record. If someone decides to do this, give it some time after the certif is sent. It takes awhile for DMV to reflect the change on your public record.
Then we and especially I, since I'm the one who brought it up can know for sure if the Judge was full of **** or not.

Hope this clears the air.
Sorry for the length.
I just get frustrate when ppl don't understand what I say or try to explain and it gets twisted into a conclusion or claim I never made.

Cru....peace out bro. Hope I expained things better and you have a better understanding as to what I was trying to say.

But I have to mention that if you're going to quote me and/or only little portions of that, you need to include my whole quote and prior comment I'm responding to. Without that, this is how you're twisting my comments/words around to make them sound completely different to what I'm saying and responding to.
It's like reality shows, they can take quotes or little pieces of quotes ppl make to portray them or make what they say completely different to what they meant. Okay??
This is truely too long. so I won't paste examples, but I hope you do see what I mean by that.
No respect lost here on my end, hope the same on yours.
Hope to meet you some day at a Meet and/or Dyno day. Want to talk to you about your oil consumption/engine failure thing you had awhile back. I have the same thing happening with only 7700mi. No bad noises, thank God, but almost quart per 1000 and getting worse.

BOT:
My son just got popped again!! Doing 80 on I80. Tennager in a fast 92' Lude. Like none of us ever go 80 on the 80...haha.
Aaaaargh....no traffic school allowed for that one, he just finished school on his most very recent one.
Would someone please PM me some KY...know I'll be bending over with my premiums for that one. It's hurts to walk already

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 09-01-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:54 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOw! This has been a hot topic for a while now. I orginally posted with about a week ago. That's a good thing. I like to see different views and opinions about this.

Keep this subject flowing.

Thanks again,

rgtopz

* I still haven't done anything yet.

Old 09-01-2006, 09:45 PM
6MT Coupe
^^^ Sorry to jack your thread.
I'm done with trying to explain what I heard from a Judge and how my rates went up to the illiterate and taking snips of my quotes out of context.

Hope someone chimes in with their driving record after completing the online thing proving the Judge was wrong and full of BS.

Good luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone recommend good On-line traffic school?