Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

what a sh^^^y saturday morning. State Ref Ticket. ARGH! HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tbg35c
Thanks for clarifying. Sucks that plenum spacer is illegal
+1. I'm already thinking about getting my 240 rolled back to stock for smog later this year. Have to remove a cam, pulley, the entire exhaust system... Now I have deal with taking my plenum off next year? I hope they don't figure out MREV2 as well.

Gayness. F Cali!

Old 07-26-2008, 12:23 AM
damn Nim thats crazy your car wasn't THAT loud when I heard it, well im glad you got everything fixed, you should check out my G sometime it looks alot diffrent then when you saw it last. I remember when I went to Oak airport in the Supercharged Mustang, the Sheriff pulled me over and asked what I had, it was super illegal under the hood, I thought i was skrewed but he got out his cell and showed me a picture of his mustang and said clean car then gave me a business card to a tuning place he goes to, it was one of the most interesting situations ive ever been in.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
We need more LE that own G's lol.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:58 AM
That's gay.

I see so MANY cars puffing out blue/black smoke on the road. Having a modified air intake WILL NOT contribute to pollution.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:34 AM
CHP/cops are really aggressive in these days, IMO. I see so many of them daily and the number just keep growing. People get pull over in the early morning and late afternoon. It starts to freak me out. Since my last 6AM window tint ticket, I have been driving on the slow lane, with all windows down, no loud musis and minimize my exhaust notes. I really don't want another hassle.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Just received a call from a friend with an EVO, got stopped on 280 on his way home from work, cop asked him to pull over and checked his exhaust out, my buddy told him it was a catback only so the cop pulls out a mirror to check for CATS and sees they are there, then he tells him to pop the hood and goes right for the intake, tells him it is illegal but little does he know that there is an EO# on it which he is shown.

The cops tells him that his cars is fine but needs to take a pic of the engine bay for the new database they are keeping along with the license plates, he then has the nerve to tell him to buy another car like a Corvette so he will not get pulled over again

All this was done without any reason for pulling him over in the first place, the cop just said they pull over all Japanese looking sport cars which they know people modify......profiling at it's best.

Told him that if he ever caught him again it better be for speeding only

Old 07-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^ wow. thats pretty lame.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by urban
Just received a call from a friend with an EVO, got stopped on 280 on his way home from work, cop asked him to pull over and checked his exhaust out, my buddy told him it was a catback only so the cop pulls out a mirror to check for CATS and sees they are there, then he tells him to pop the hood and goes right for the intake, tells him it is illegal but little does he know that there is an EO# on it which he is shown.

The cops tells him that his cars is fine but needs to take a pic of the engine bay for the new database they are keeping along with the license plates, he then has the nerve to tell him to buy another car like a Corvette so he will not get pulled over again

All this was done without any reason for pulling him over in the first place, the cop just said they pull over all Japanese looking sport cars which they know people modify......profiling at it's best.

Told him that if he ever caught him again it better be for speeding only

^Whhaaaattt?! thats hella weak

Old 07-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We don't stop cars for 'no reason.' There has to be probable cause. Don't take your friends statement as fact. Like I tell everyone, there's always two sides to the story.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:02 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
We don't stop cars for 'no reason.' There has to be probable cause. Don't take your friends statement as fact. Like I tell everyone, there's always two sides to the story.
Hopefully that is true and they did have a good reason but I am not going to take sides as I do know how the LE works....both my uncles are cops.

Old 07-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by urban
Hopefully that is true and they did have a good reason but I am not going to take sides as I do know how the LE works....both my uncles are cops.
Agree...I know a couple personally as freinds myself.
Quite a story...better off owning a corvette or mustang sounds like these days...wow.

Old 07-28-2008, 01:41 AM
There are alot of Cop activity on 880 from (Hayward to San Jose) lately, I see at least 2 CHP everytime when i go up.

7/27/2008 - I drove on 580 around 5:00pm, on the far left lane, around 70~75mph. Other cars are around 65-70mph, pretty even. All the sudden a CHP rush to my back. I got a bit nervous and I was thinking, "oh man....not again." I hit my right turn signal, wait to see if he's going to turn on his signal on me...NOPE, he just passed me and headed to another target.

7/28/2008 - Again, I was tail by another CHP on my way to work on 880 at 6:30am. Thank god I was only driving 65-70mph this time. I shifted to the right lane and let him passed me. Seems like a white G35 and HKS exhaust really gets to attention.

Last edited by kenempireex; 07-28-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:24 AM
OF COURSE THERE IS PROFILING AND THERE ALWAYS WILL BE. Cops are people.

I completely understand if someone has a CRAZY loud exhaust and they get pulled but for someone to get pulled over just because of a modified exhaust even though it's mild sounding is plain nonsense. For someone to get pulled over JUST because they have a modded car is ridiculous. And the whole intake thing??? I NEVER see Harley's getting pulled over for being too loud. NONE of my friends with muscle cars EVER get hassled.

If they REALLY wanted to then they can pretty much FIND probable cause to pull ANYONE over. "SUSPICION of being under the influence."

Old 07-28-2008, 04:04 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
darn the lord knows us g35 drivers are all reckless street racers killing innocent people. ohh wait we arent driving the riced out civics street racing all the time. hmm why not go after them instead

Old 07-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you only had a clue.....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: what a sh^^^y saturday morning. State Ref Ticket. ARGH! HELP!