Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Anyone know the Stillen intake CARB site or the HKS Ti street legal doc?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nimdivino
I just read the 27156 VC, its a very vague code. Can you still go to Alameda?

niM
I know, it mentions "polution control device," which should be the cat. convertor only. But the supervisor said any part of the exhaust mod. is illegal because of this code. He said he only play by the rule and doesn't know ****.

I think i will go to the Alameda one and give it a try. I am too tired arguing with a stubborn fool. If Alameda don't pass me too, i will just take the HKS off and bring it back to fremont and see what the ****ing he got to say.

I will keep you update.

Sometime I ask myself why not just save all the mod money to buy a used stock M3 or used porcshe, Well, i guess this is the time. Some people just do not respect moded car.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by kenempireex
I know, it mentions "polution control device," which should be the cat. convertor only. But the supervisor said any part of the exhaust mod. is illegal because of this code. He said he only play by the rule and doesn't know ****.

I think i will go to the Alameda one and give it a try. I am too tired arguing with a stubborn fool. If Alameda don't pass me too, i will just take the HKS off and bring it back to fremont and see what the ****ing he got to say.

I will keep you update.

Sometime I ask myself why not just save all the mod money to buy a used stock M3 or used porcshe, Well, i guess this is the time. Some people just do not respect moded car.
Yeah man, sorry to hear your troubles. I just called the appointment hotline and asked if I can go to Alameda instead but next appointment is this Thursday, and no Friday appointments so I'll take my chances at San Pablo. If not, I'll go to Alameda next week.

What concerns me though is if they have some sort of a record in the system that says "need EO number for exhaust to pass".

Good luck again man..

Quick question:
Have you been driving your car to work?

niM

Old 07-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
You cant contact hks and get an EO number? Is there not one for the hks?

Old 07-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by 1trueG
You cant contact hks and get an EO number? Is there not one for the hks?
Accord to HKS USA, there is no EO # for the part, because it is a cat-back system. It does not affect the stock cat. converters at all.

Techically, HKS doesn't affect the emission. However, the code 27156 VC does mention alot of prohabition on mod. The only counterattack on that law is a E.O. #

nim, yea, it's the only car I have. It will be daily drive until I sell this car someday for something mroe exotic. like...NSX

Old 07-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Alameda doesn't ask for shyt just go there already!!?!! Don't mention anything and just keep quiet and let do the smog and what not.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Ciabatta Burger
Alameda doesn't ask for shyt just go there already!!?!! Don't mention anything and just keep quiet and let do the smog and what not.
Going there tomorrow

Old 07-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Definitely keep us updated..

This is so ironic.. This is all going down, but I'm waiting for my test-pipes for the NSX.. hahaha.

niM

Old 07-16-2008, 07:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I went through the modified emissions training, the representative from the Bureau of Automotive Repair stated that you can do whatever you want from the catalytic converter back. From that point on has no effect on emissions. I would call BAR or OTS (Office of Traffic Safety) and get a ruling on it. Mention which ref is not passing to the rep at BAR. Heck, call the CHP Academy Vehicle Code instructor.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
When I went through the modified emissions training, the representative from the Bureau of Automotive Repair stated that you can do whatever you want from the catalytic converter back. From that point on has no effect on emissions. I would call BAR or OTS (Office of Traffic Safety) and get a ruling on it. Mention which ref is not passing to the rep at BAR. Heck, call the CHP Academy Vehicle Code instructor.

Does 27156 VC restrict all exhaust modification? The manager told me the code and he stated, "...as long as your exhaust does not look like OEM configuation or do not have EO#, it's not legal. It's not just the cat. converters."

I told him that i have check with CHP, EX-referee tech. and engineers that exhaust is legal. He said that they are not familiar with the law. I tried to talk to him more, but he eventually just hang up on me.

It's the region manager who's incharge make the decision. His name is Patrick Chand and his phone is (916)491-4462.

Do you think you can ask around for us? It's much easier for you to ask, because you are not the direct person/CHP badge.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:02 AM
Received 513 Likes on 420 Posts
I don't know. This guy seems to have a one-track mind. It might take someone higher up to set it right, but I somehow doubt that's gonna happen.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Victory.

Latest up on the other post.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=233133&page=3