Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Is anyone familiar with this road?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is anyone familiar with this road?

So, i was looking through the pizza hut website and was using their locater cuz i wanted to try their new pasta ****, and as i was lookin at the map around my house, i saw that there is a backroad behind me. I came from SF but i go to SJSU so im not too familiar with SJ. I was just wondering because this looks like a good place for a twistie run or whatever.
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Sa...&zipcode=95132
and im talking about Sierra Rd. Felter Rd. and Calaveras Rd. here.
and to the people that may know these roads...are there a lot of cops around here? lol

Old 09-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Hah! Marsh Road! yea, most of the people in SJ know those roads well. I actually prefer 9 more... I don't like Calaveras because the road leans the opposite direction...

Not sure about cops, but I know a lot of people go up there to drive... take a look at the map... the really fun route is Calaveras to 680. Trust me, take it easy up there.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:21 PM
^^^ haha yea..i was lookin at the map and calaveras to 680 does look pretty fun. i was planning to go up there to check it out real quick when i picked up my girl from work tonight...but her friends driving her home so now i dont have a good excuse >.< and i dont feel like just driving up there for no reason..that would be kinda weird and a waste of gas lol.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ DO IT!!

Old 09-21-2008, 02:42 AM
Please be carefull. I don't like going up there to handle wrecks. It's very twisty and narrow. Lots of wildlife and bicyclist, and stupid motorcycle riders (not all are stupid, just the ones that ride like aholes and crash). I know the cattle rancher at the end of Marsh road. He is tired of people crashing their cars through his fence and letting his cattle out. Do the man a favor and tune it down a bit if you go. Oh yeah. Look up Marsh road. It's haunted.

http://www.tommangan.net/index.php/2...down-the-road/

Last edited by g35 chippie; 09-21-2008 at 02:49 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:42 AM
i know marsh road for the ghost stories. we used to drive up there at night and do what the old urban legends used to say. good ol high school days. be careful up there, milpitas police aren't far.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:37 AM
I totaled my K-Series Civic up there before... so did many others...

Oh goodness... Chippie, I think you might recognize my silver/cf hatchback... I took down a giant tree...

Old 09-21-2008, 09:34 PM
yeah...im not the type to go crazy. i know my limits, so im def. not gonna go crashing into any fences or anything lol, and i prob wont make it a habit goin up those roads. i was just kinda shocked seein those roads, i thought the map wasnt finished loading or somethin lol. But yea..i might actually go up there for the haunted stuff, i remember my friends and i use to go through stow lake in the middle of the night and scare the crap outta each other. lol..good times

Old 09-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Blue baby, blue baby, blue baby...

Look up the albinos and their cows at the end of Marsh road... it's not as exciting as Stow Lake until you hear a shotgun go off, in which case, you start wondering if raoming around over there was such a great idea...

Old 09-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Oh yeah, also keep in mind, we recover a LOT of stolen cars up in that area. Most of the time they have been wrecked. So the other people that you may encounter out there may not be the crowd you are a customed to hanging out with. And if they just crashed their stolen ride and you come around the corner and stop to assist....Guess who may be walking back to town. Without going into too many details, 'cause the case hasn't been adjudicated yet, there was also a fatal/DUI/Hit and run collision in that area involving a certain person who belonged to a certain neighborhood "club". Not exactly the kind of person I would like to meet up there. All this talk reminds me of my high school days and the talk of the Klan being alive and well up Hicks Road.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
All this talk reminds me of my high school days and the talk of the Klan being alive and well up Hicks Road.
Yea, what's with that? Is it true or just talk to scare people?

Old 09-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Oh yeah, also keep in mind, we recover a LOT of stolen cars up in that area. Most of the time they have been wrecked. So the other people that you may encounter out there may not be the crowd you are a customed to hanging out with. And if they just crashed their stolen ride and you come around the corner and stop to assist....Guess who may be walking back to town. Without going into too many details, 'cause the case hasn't been adjudicated yet, there was also a fatal/DUI/Hit and run collision in that area involving a certain person who belonged to a certain neighborhood "club". Not exactly the kind of person I would like to meet up there. All this talk reminds me of my high school days and the talk of the Klan being alive and well up Hicks Road.
eh..ill just blow by them with the G lol. (im kidding)

edit: i'd prob go up there while the sun is still out anyways, if i ever find the time to venture up there, but all these stories are kinda creeping me out haha

Old 09-22-2008, 04:06 PM
Never gone
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Oh man, who hasn't heard the stories about Marsh Road. Haha.

There's a reason I stay away from that area, and it has nothing to do with ghost stories.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:22 PM
Please be carefull. I don't like going up there to handle wrecks. It's very twisty and narrow. Lots of wildlife and bicyclist, and stupid motorcycle riders (not all are stupid, just the ones that ride like aholes and crash). I know the cattle rancher at the end of Marsh road. He is tired of people crashing their cars through his fence and letting his cattle out. Do the man a favor and tune it down a bit if you go. Oh yeah. Look up Marsh road. It's haunted.

http://www.tommangan.net/index.php/2...down-the-road/

haha reminds me of highschool, the story behind it was "albinos" live there... and if they see u they will chase u so ya... HS students being dumbass's we were went up there, i think the rancher has a white truck with a spot light? he came twords us so everyone ran lol....

Old 09-23-2008, 11:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Smile i agree

Yea the road up there is not one to go hammering on. I used to ride a motorcycle up there (slowly). If you are in the middle of the day and crash.. you better hope they can see the wreck because if not no one will find you for awhile... . Like someone else said try Hwy 9 out of Saratoga and you will have some fun, and the speed limit is 50 in most spots. So even if your not hammering it you can still have a nice cruz.

Note: going an a drive this Sunday... come on along. see Stickys

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Is anyone familiar with this road?