Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

G Tickets?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2008 | 12:20 PM
I have a question. I have no front plate. Actually, I was never issued one from the lot i bought the car. I just paid my registration for year 2 and again they only sent me 1 sticker. Would this mean that I'm not required to have my front plate? I have also read in the books that you are only required to show both plates if you were issued 2. However, if you were only issued 1 then it must be displayed in the rear of the vehicle. Can someone clear this up for me?

Old 12-15-2008 | 01:42 PM
I never had a front plate put on by the dealer but when I got my personalized plated, I got 2 of them. I dont think anyone ever gets 2 stickers for registration. THe front plate on any car is just a plain plate. The sticker always goes on the rear.

Old 12-15-2008 | 02:00 PM
My car has never had a front plate ever installed or otherwise. Would that be an excuse to not have one?

Old 12-15-2008 | 02:09 PM
but really, ARE you a drug dealer i may need some

Old 12-15-2008 | 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by battlebuddyP
My car has never had a front plate ever installed or otherwise. Would that be an excuse to not have one?
Nope... Cop would tell you to get the second plate from DMV. Dealer most likely kept the second plate or tossed it out. I take it you bought your car used?

Old 12-15-2008 | 05:27 PM
My thing is why do the f***in cops always have to ask what model the car is, walk around the entire vehicle while they have the god damn registration in their hands with all the info..pisses me off..And I have more then enough cops in my family to know that most are going to be d****! If a cop pulls u over for tint but ur windows have been completey down..regardless tell the cop that u will seem them in court with their video documentation and file a harassment suit

Old 12-15-2008 | 05:41 PM
|
Originally Posted by LittleItalyG
haha pertty sure thers alot of em in socal.. that orange cush or la cush out there

Old 12-15-2008 | 05:47 PM
|
Originally Posted by battlebuddyP
That means the previous owner before the dealer probably kept the plate.. dealers wouldnt keep it or tose it... id get one if u dont wanna get harrased by the cops that are gonna get board .. also whoever has the other one can slap it on their car and rob a bank... cameras show ur plate on the getaway car and the po' pos' come to ur front door saying u robed a bank... haha atleast thats what i was told when i said "i didnt" have mine.

Old 12-15-2008 | 05:48 PM
|
Originally Posted by LittleItalyG
thats a no btw.

Old 12-15-2008 | 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by bmpnride
The sticker always goes on the rear.
Not always. Commercial vehicles that are >10,000 lbs GVWR are required to have registration tabs on the front plate.

The only vehicles that are allowed to display only one plate are truck tractors, trailers, motorcycles, and specialty equipment. If all you have is one, you need to turn it in to the DMV and get new plates issued.

Old 12-15-2008 | 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
You do know that a doctor's note for window tint doesn't apply, right? A doctor's note only applies to a removable window shade. Two completely different things. Read 26708 of the vehicle code. It spells it out. It may be a difficult read, cause it's long and drawn out section, but all the info you need is in there.

I was wondering when g35 chippie was going to chime in on this subject matter

Old 12-15-2008 | 10:35 PM
gatta love the long d!ck of the law.... i wonder if they have the ***** code.. i mean penal code in laymans terms for anyone to read instead of its current jibberish trickery.

Old 12-15-2008 | 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
Not always. Commercial vehicles that are >10,000 lbs GVWR are required to have registration tabs on the front plate.

The only vehicles that are allowed to display only one plate are truck tractors, trailers, motorcycles, and specialty equipment. If all you have is one, you need to turn it in to the DMV and get new plates issued.
I was referring to regular cars since that is what we are talking about...

Old 12-15-2008 | 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Epidel
I was wondering when g35 chippie was going to chime in on this subject matter
Chippie always chimes in when it comes to subject like this. I always have my opinion as well...

Old 12-16-2008 | 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by bmpnride
I cant picture you being a chipper Frank...

ROFL its ok i couldn't picture my self as one either till i said screw it might as well give it a shot since its been something i wanted to do since i was younger.. as well as firefighter.. but firefighter takes to long lol.. your first on my list! ha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G Tickets?