Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

got pulled over and got 6 tickets! WTF!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a "No front plate" ticket overnight in front of my house this morning....great way to start the day right? oh the things we do to keep our cars lookin good haha

Old 02-23-2010, 04:50 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by verilath
also, what do u guys think the deal with the exhaust is gunna be? will I have to take it off and go to a state ref? or can I also just pay a fine?
It depends, they may require you to go to a state ref. If so, you'd need to remove the test pipes for sure. Dunno if the HKS will pass sound levels either. My suggestion is replace test pipes with OEM, replace muffler portion of HKS with OEM mufflers and say that your modification is strictly the midpipe and y pipe. Or if you have someone that can sign it off, then you're in the clear.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by srsly
Got a "No front plate" ticket overnight in front of my house this morning....great way to start the day right? oh the things we do to keep our cars lookin good haha
had that happen to me at a club. i come out and no front plate ticket...i didnt have windshield wipers so they stuck it between the fender and the door, lmao

Old 02-23-2010, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Grace
1. He saw a bunch of cute girls in the car and got jealous.
2. He figured he could try and make you look bad. (If he wasn't getting any, you shouldn't)
3. He saw trying to "talk" to you didn't put a dent in your armor.

neener neener... You know he was cranky after that one.

I hope everything works out. That's just stupid.
I've had a female cop pull me over and site me for some stupid stuff...I think she got all butthurt and gave me the ticket cos she saw my stripper pole and figured she was too big to work it..once she saw the pole she had this mad-******* face....her partner on the other hand, a male...gave me props for it, haha.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Never gone
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by donpisto
I've had a female cop pull me over and site me for some stupid stuff...I think she got all butthurt and gave me the ticket cos she saw my stripper pole and figured she was too big to work it..once she saw the pole she had this mad-******* face....her partner on the other hand, a male...gave me props for it, haha.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
damn that sucks all that in one ticket whatta a ****in dik face. Anyways I didnt read thru you whole thread but about the tint Ive gotten lots of those. I got 5% all around. Its about $20 to remove it ($10 per window) $25 fix it ticket and $70 to retint so I allways go that route. Gotten so many tint tickets now I even know how to remove tint hella easy (5min tops) Now all the other stuff is obouisly fixable. Get a print out of the marker being sold at Infiniti or throw on your ambers its still gonna be $25. Zip tie your plate to the front bumper grill and get it sighned off. $25 there. Prove the HKS is all good and then take dik face to curt with all your proof so he feels even more stupid.

Whats jacked up is that he was tryna be cool infont of your girl's and make you look stupid. When hes the idiot.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:57 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by verilath

He told me I was:
1) speeding
2) had a modified exhaust
3) my tint was too dark to see into
4) had no front license plate
5) had no amber reflectors on my car
6) Falsified the make and model of my car by badging it "SKYLINE" instead of "INFINITI"

overall.... He had no legitimate reason to pull me over, He just saw a modded G35 and profiled me big time because he saw a clearly modified car........
If you were...

1) Speeding (1 mph over the legal limit is speeding)
2) Had an exhaust louder than the legal limit
3) Had any tints what so ever on the front windows
4) Had no front license plate
5) Had clear corners with no amber bulbs
6) Falsified the make/model of the car

... then he had 6 legal legitimate reasons to pull you over.

If I were pulled over for going 5 over the limit, I'd be pissed myself. But the fact is, 1 over the limit is still speeding. The fact that most cops don't pay attention to such a small difference doesn't mean they don't have a legitimate reason to do so. Same thing goes with everything else.

The only one I completely hate are the exhaust tickets. They give cops too much room to BS since they can use their own "judgment" about loudness to pull someone over. And I bet some cops are so clueless about cars that some would believe the stock exhaust must be modified

Hey Chris, how long you been in NorCal? I never even knew you moved! LOL.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
State Ref sucks... I got this once and opted to just pay the fine and not go. My Fine was like $800+, still cheaper than removing motor and redoing my whole exhaust.

If I had to do it again... I would just pay to play

Old 02-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
2) Had an exhaust louder than the legal limit

IMO, that's what caught the LE's original attention and why got pulled over.

That happened to me quite awhile back with my Injen SES 'track edition' exhaust doing nothing wrong. Officer had me pop open my hood too....

Old 02-25-2010, 01:23 PM
sorry to hear this happened to you, but if you know any cops most of the violations can be signed off and should be correctable. depending on if the cops wrote you down for emissions then you have to see the state ref. happened to me. but if he just wrote down exhaust you can just get that signed off also. and pay the 25 for each citation. good luck!!

Old 02-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
i got pulled over today by a cop and he just walked up to my front window and told me wrong guy move along

Old 02-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dangg sucks for you man. they should pull over all those crappy honda civics with the rice exhaust. hah half of em dont have licenses!

Old 02-26-2010, 01:14 PM
damn man, didnt read the whole thread but what happen , how much were your fines, and hey maybe next time get one of the chicks to flash a nip..

Old 02-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bigc
There's almost always a cop hiding at the spot you saw him. The speed limit drops down significantly at the S-turn and cops are able to pick off pretty much whoever they want.

A buddy of mine has a condo that overlooks the place where you were stopped (you're right, there's pretty much nowhere else you can pull over). Last weekend we saw AT LEAST 8 cars pulled over by CHPs in a few hours and he says its like that every day. The Bay Bridge is prime hunting ground for cops

I drive the bridge everyday and the fastest i've taken the curve is 65. But I'm normally going like 30 since I drive during commute hours. I've only been driving over the bridge for about a month and don't see any cops around. I love driving by the speed-o-meter that tells me to SLOW DOWN.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:05 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol yeh i think once u pass 45 it says slow down ahaha

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: got pulled over and got 6 tickets! WTF!!!