Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

got pulled over and got 6 tickets! WTF!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
got pulled over and got 6 tickets! WTF!!!

hey guys, so check it out....

Last Thursday I was driving on the Bay Bridge into the City from the East Bay with some girls on our way to the Club. We took my car because I know they have Vallet so I didnt worry about parking downtown (and I like driving ladies arround in my G ). I was passing Treasure Island on the second half of the bridge when I noticed a Cop chilling on the shoulder. I was in the slow lane going less than the Flow of traffic (which I usually drive) and was in no way speeding whatsoever.

I noticed the cop and didnt care because I know I was doing nothing wrong so I continued along my way. Well, he pulls out of the shoulder and gets behind me. He flipps on his lights about 5 seconds later. Now, the thing that sux about getting pulled over on the bay bridge is that... there is nowhere to pull over!!!! SO here I am, with this cop following me for the entire duration of the bridge untill I can finally exit on Folsom and harrison.

He walks up to my car and looks inside at us. The Girls are all decked out in Glow sticks and Club attire and I notice the cop peering over at my "JDM as FVCK" decal in my window

he asks the usuall "do you know why I pulled you over?" and I respond with a "no officer I Don't know, was I doing something wrong?" He asked me if I knew what the speed limit was on the Bridge, and I said , I dont know.... 55? He Responded with "NOPE! It's 50!!!!!!!!! in a very smart @ss attitude type of way. He then asked if I knew how fast I was going? I told him "No I don't... ummm 60?" he responded "WRONG AGAIN!!!!! you were going 55!!!!!!

lol, SO I was naturally thinking yo myself, What the EFF?!?!?! +5 mph over?!
He told me that's not very much but enough to pull me over.

Now for the bad part.

He then asked me if I knew what the legal limit for Tint was in the state of California... "75%" I said. immediately after, the officer said "WOW NOW LOOK, SMART GUY FINALLY GOT ONE RIGHT!!!"... I told him my Optomotrist reccomended I Tint my windows due to Astygmatism (sp?) and light sensativity (a total Lie that I pulled out of my **** on the spot but I figured it would be a good answer )

He then asked me if I knew the legal limit for a modified exhaust in the state of california.... "94db" I told him....

By this point he was getting frustrated at the fact that I knew the law better than he had expected.

He didn't say anything after that and just started walking arround the car. He then asked me where my front license plate was? I told him I took it off because I didnt wanna put holes in my Fiberglass N2 and he just laughed at me.

Then He asked me where I got the Clear side markers. I told him they sell them at the dealership as an OEM part for $40 (thinking he might turn the other cheek) lol... well he didnt

Then he walked back to his car and took about 40 minutes before coming back with his list of violations.

He told me I was:
1) speeding
2) had a modified exhaust
3) my tint was too dark to see into
4) had no front license plate
5) had no amber reflectors on my car
6) Falsified the make and model of my car by badging it "SKYLINE" instead of "INFINITI"

so I then respectuflly said "officer, I dont mean to be argumentative, and I understand my car is modified, but is it my right to please request to see the speeding read out of you clocking me +5 (lol pathetic) mph over the speed limit?" He then said "well..... yes, but honestlly Im gunna cut you a break and drop that violation and not get u for speeding"

lol as if he was doing me a favor.. I know he really just never actually clocked me because I was THE SLOWEST CAR ON THE ENTIRE BRIDGE when he pulled me over.

NEXT, I asked him "again, officer, without being arguementative, is it also my right to request that you take a reading of my tint to prove that it is darker than 75%?" "I understand not being able to see the driver is probable cause to cite a car, but isnt this assumption void at night time?" he said.... "well, yes, but I dont actually have the equipment in my vehicle to test your tint at the moment...."

then again I said " and Officer, Im sorry once again, but I have had my car tested and I beleive it is actually 93.6 db and is not in violation of the sound laws in the state of california" (this was a Lie but since he'd already written me up, I figured I might as well ask him to take a reading to prove me wrong since I was curious how loud my car actually was) He said "again son, I dont have the equipment to test your cars sound levels in my vehicle but it sounded pretty D@mn loud to me.

So, in conclusion the officer ended up not giving me any physical citation at the time but told me I would recieve a notice in the mail for the violations in a few weeks.

basically I see it like this:

1.) speeding- dropped
2.) no front plate- easily correctable for $10
3) no amber side markers- easily corectable
4) SKYLINE badging- lol
5) tint- yes its illegal (20%) but he couldnt test it. I may need to go to a state ref. and have it removed. then pay to have it put back on after.
6) modified exhaust)- HKS w/ test pipes = clearly illegal lol. I dont know what Im gunna do about that lol

overall.... He had no legitimate reason to pull me over, He just saw a modded G35 and profiled me big time because he saw a clearly modified car........

Old 02-23-2010, 12:09 AM
oooh and the Moral of this story......

If you are gunna get ticketed for your mods..... do it with 3 other Girls in the car at the time. Needless to say, I had a pretty good time at the club afterwards

Old 02-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn what an annoying a$$ cop

i love how he pulls 'speeding' out of his a$$ so he can make you feel better about getting all of those fix it tickets.

BTW, got any pics of your G?

Old 02-23-2010, 12:16 AM
Mr.202?

Received 205 Likes on 163 Posts
damn I was hopping for some noob doing stupid ****.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:24 AM
lol my G isn't even very modified... I mean I have tint, wheels, body kit, exhaust... hahahha there are WAAAAAy worse cars to pull over.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I thought fix it tickets were $25 now, i got the tint, clear corner, no front license tickets last summer and they were $25 each

either way what a story, i love your responses back to the cop

Old 02-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thescreensavers
damn I was hopping for some noob doing stupid ****.
and you got one..

the cop

Old 02-23-2010, 12:31 AM
so for tint, can I just pay a fine of like 100-200 bucks or something? or do I NEED to remove it then correct it? cuz if the fine is only like 200 bucks it would be cheaper then removing it and re installing it afterwards

Old 02-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Damn! That sucks big time! I remember having to drive the bridge all the time and you are right. Where are you suppose to pull over on the bridge! It must have been painful to have the cop follow you all the way to Harrison.

I use to take that exit all the time when I worked at the radio station back in the day.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:33 AM
also, what do u guys think the deal with the exhaust is gunna be? will I have to take it off and go to a state ref? or can I also just pay a fine?

Old 02-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
I've had modified exhaust tickets before. Came out to around $300 if I remember correctly.

Pics of the chicks for proof?!?!

Old 02-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Ahhh. The good ol' "speeding" excuse. Used by cops everywhere as an excuse to pull over cars. =P You got played.

Reminds me of this one story I heard of a cop, in North Bay I believe, who went after an STI and pulled him over for speeding, when the sti was going under the speed limit. He used the "speeding" excuse to get a closer look at the rest of the car. Cop asked the driver to pop the hood, and asked why "STI" was written on the top mount. LOL. The Sti was stock, and the supposed "speeding" was excused. Cop failed big time, but in your case, looks like he got you good. =( Good luck with whatever happens next.

This makes me rethink getting tints in the front.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by verilath
also, what do u guys think the deal with the exhaust is gunna be? will I have to take it off and go to a state ref? or can I also just pay a fine?
Is your exhaust actually louder than the limit? when I got a ticket for "loud" exhaust on my HKS, I just took it to the state ref and they tested it. It passed the test by at least a few decibels so I just paid the ~$10 fine.

Old 02-23-2010, 12:38 AM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
haha

Old 02-23-2010, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by patman530
Is your exhaust actually louder than the limit? when I got a ticket for "loud" exhaust on my HKS, I just took it to the state ref and they tested it. It passed the test by at least a few decibels so I just paid the ~$10 fine.
yeah it. Kris and I put Test Pipes on last week. it's LOOOOUD now

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: got pulled over and got 6 tickets! WTF!!!