Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

NorCal Car Clubs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NorCal Car Clubs

So, I'm in my second month here in Cali and I was wondering if there were any primarily Nissan/Infiniti car clubs out here, or if there was interest in starting any? The only thing I see on everyone's rides are stickers for that shop TNT Autobody.
I'm coming from Boston where forming clubs and entering shows was common. It was always fun rollin deep to a G meet and other gatherings. Myself and my buddy Joe (Scootch) had started Team 350 Gz in the Boston area and grew it to a SE New England club with members in CT, MA, RI, and NH.

Old 05-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
There are a few clubs out there.....

Old 05-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
What kind of club are you looking for?

Fully organized, insured, incorporated clubs .. or forum style or semi-organized, but not incorporated/insured?

Old 05-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
didn't know there were so many types of clubs lol

Old 05-19-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
What kind of club are you looking for?

Fully organized, insured, incorporated clubs .. or forum style or semi-organized, but not incorporated/insured?
Either or is fine. Was really looking for one geared more to us as a nissan/infiniti community, but not limited to. The biggest thing really is camaraderie. So i'd like to get up with some folks establishing a club or trying to start one.
T350Gz, was more semi-organized. After I left New England for the Middle East and Japan military tours my friends kept it rolling and were becoming more organized and recognized. Now they do shows, and host meets and other events all over NE.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
DISCLAIMER: LOL .. the following is personal opinion. The following may not include all in the area.

1) Z Owners of Northern Califorrnia. Est 1971. Yes, mainly Z -cars. Added 510s and Roadsters in early 90s. Added G's and GT-R in 2009. Oldest Z club in NorCAL. Incorporated, organized, insured ..

2) Sac G's - you know 'em via their affiliation with TNT. What they have is camaraderie! IMO .. this is the closest to an Infiniti based group that does things beyond just participating in a forum. Sac G's do shows and their rides are well known.

3) Team Driven - a Datsun/Nissan/Infiniti group. loosely-organized. Not insured, not incorporated .. camaraderie.. Team Driven has hosted several well know and Nissan backed events. They host an annual event called Freakmont.

4) Z Haven - Mostly z32s in the So Sac area .. very loosely organized, but close knit group .. kind of on hiatus due to most members are in college. Some of its members are well known on the Z show circuit.

There are a few other groups/clubs - central valley, bay area ..

Old 05-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Team High Octane Tuners also. they're a Nissan/Infiniti group that's similar to team Driven.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by finagle69
Team High Octane Tuners also. they're a Nissan/Infiniti group that's similar to team Driven.
high octane tuners are cool guys

Old 05-20-2010, 01:33 PM
very good info. Thanks a lot for that. I've noticed a lot of guys pumpin up TnT. Wasnt sure if they were more than just fans a good shop or not.
I'll have to figure out how to get a hold of these guys. I've not noticed any activity on the boards as of yet.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:15 PM
We're not exactly a club. Just a bunch of G drivers that are friends with Tony and don't mind repping him every chance we get.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:28 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan-g35
very good info. Thanks a lot for that. I've noticed a lot of guys pumpin up TnT. Wasnt sure if they were more than just fans a good shop or not.
I'll have to figure out how to get a hold of these guys. I've not noticed any activity on the boards as of yet.
Juan,

Hit us up if you are interested... YOu interested in showing at Home Depot Show or Beshoff. This is a good way to meet others enthusiasts in the area.

http://www.hot.jdmotorworks.com/index.html

Old 05-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Your best bet is to go to the local meets and get to know the locals.

You should post pics so we can see what you are working with

Old 05-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by bmpnride
I actually hit up the link and sent out an application. I can check the calendar and try to make one of those shows. my car is still being put back together though. It had been in storage in Milwaukee since '07 while i was overseas. A shipment of my stuff is coming from my storage in Boston on the 24th.

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness
Your best bet is to go to the local meets and get to know the locals.

You should post pics so we can see what you are working with
A) i've already came out to one meet (hooters in Sac) mind you i've only been out here since Apr. Also if yu want to see pix just click my name, i have pix posted on my user page

Old 05-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bmpnride
Juan,

Hit us up if you are interested... YOu interested in showing at Home Depot Show or Beshoff. This is a good way to meet others enthusiasts in the area.

http://www.hot.jdmotorworks.com/index.html
nice website dood lol

Old 05-20-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Juan-g35
I actually hit up the link and sent out an application. I can check the calendar and try to make one of those shows. my car is still being put back together though. It had been in storage in Milwaukee since '07 while i was overseas. A shipment of my stuff is coming from my storage in Boston on the 24th.

A) i've already came out to one meet (hooters in Sac) mind you i've only been out here since Apr. Also if yu want to see pix just click my name, i have pix posted on my user page
I got your app, I will review it. I should get back to you in a day or 2. Wish you would have made the picture part easier for me

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NorCal Car Clubs