Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Ticket in Fremont, CA for tints, clear corners, and no front plate. Help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't believe after all these years Rosette is still at it.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
candy van
I got 4 "no front plate" tickets, all while parked. I ended up clipping my front plate on a couple months ago, it's still on, securely.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:55 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Sucks man, gl with all those fixes.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:07 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,019 Likes on 793 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by jes033
I got 4 "no front plate" tickets, all while parked. I ended up clipping my front plate on a couple months ago, it's still on, securely.
+1 Works great for me too, and is definitely solid.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
The State of California does have a limit on how long you can use out-of-state plates once you become a resident here, believe it's 90 days. Officer Rosette would love to catch you on this one especially since you drive a left hand drive SKYLINE sedan....
Gary
Lol I like what you did there at the end. Very clever.
Anyways, I'm maintaining my wisc residency. So that officer can suck it! Lol

Old 06-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I just got a ticket for tint and no front plate in the Antioch/Pittsburg area about a month ago by CHP. The guy made my pop my hood and even checked underneath the rear of my car, Im guessing to see if I had cats or not. The ticket was $50 and it said that both items needed to be corrected and signed off on by an officer then mailed in by a certain date. There wasn't an option for keeping the tint on. Luckily my GF's family knows the acting chief of police in Brentwood and he signed it off for me.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:24 PM
I can haz potato?

sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by 1trueG
I just got a ticket for tint and no front plate in the Antioch/Pittsburg area about a month ago by CHP. The guy made my pop my hood and even checked underneath the rear of my car, Im guessing to see if I had cats or not. The ticket was $50 and it said that both items needed to be corrected and signed off on by an officer then mailed in by a certain date. There wasn't an option for keeping the tint on. Luckily my GF's family knows the acting chief of police in Brentwood and he signed it off for me.
Out of curiosity, what's the reason he gave you to justify him doing that? Maybe it was perfectly legal, I don't know. Or did he simply ask "is it ok with you if I check under the hood?" and you agreed?

Old 06-30-2010, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Epidel
I actually did have amber bulbs in my clear corners and it is still a ticket. The reflector it self have to be amber not clear

Ok i got the same exact thing from the same cop, everything is a fix it ticket! BUT to get the tint changed over to a fix it ticket you have to appear at walk-in court in fremont. Make sure you have the proof that the tint is fixed (ticket signed by a cop saying that it is corrected) along with the other stuff. The judge will change it and you will only have to pay $75 total ($25 for each offense) instead of $350 like i almost had to

Did Fatsette tell you your can not be on the road anymore until the tint is off?
As a matter of fact, he did tell me not to drive anymore until everything was corrected! My initial response was "holy ****, I can't believe I'm getting dicked by this morbidly obese pig".

Am I supposed to wait for the letter from traffic court to be sent in with a scheduled court date, or do I just walk in without an appointment? The Notice to Appear says that I need to appear before or on 7/27/2010 at 9AM.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by RichardLe187
As a matter of fact, he did tell me not to drive anymore until everything was corrected! My initial response was "holy ****, I can't believe I'm getting dicked by this morbidly obese pig".

Am I supposed to wait for the letter from traffic court to be sent in with a scheduled court date, or do I just walk in without an appointment? The Notice to Appear says that I need to appear before or on 7/27/2010 at 9AM.
It takes them a while before they even process your info at the court house. As for the date I dont think means much of anything but i may be wrong also, I think you could call and ask about that. I did walk in court my self not sure if you can set up a appointment for this ticket but i guess it doesn't hurt to try also

Old 06-30-2010, 02:27 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Once a d!ck always a d!ck.... Eat a fat one Rosette....

Old 06-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
thank god i have no tints and i have a front plate so i just need to keep my exhaust quiet and i should be fine for now

Old 06-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
It would be interesting to see where in Fremont everyone is getting the tickets. Does the guy have a set "area" he patrols? I've been wanting to go back and show my guys where I grew up but have stayed away.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by calcul8
Out of curiosity, what's the reason he gave you to justify him doing that? Maybe it was perfectly legal, I don't know. Or did he simply ask "is it ok with you if I check under the hood?" and you agreed?
In the state of California you dont have an option when CHP or any California LEO asks you to pop your hood (If you have California plates). When you pay your registration you give up the right to refuse vehicle inspection.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Grace
It would be interesting to see where in Fremont everyone is getting the tickets. Does the guy have a set "area" he patrols? I've been wanting to go back and show my guys where I grew up but have stayed away.
Yes and no. He is useuly doing big rig enforcement off Automall. He does venture into the neighborhood occasinally.

I lived down the street from the station for years and did surveillance on his a$$ a few time

Last edited by Cali-Darkness; 06-30-2010 at 03:07 PM. Reason: spelling error =/
Old 06-30-2010, 03:09 PM
I can haz potato?

sabertooth tiger
Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness
In the state of California you dont have an option when CHP or any California LEO asks you to pop your hood (If you have California plates). When you pay your registration you give up the right to refuse vehicle inspection.
Thanks for the clarification, didn't know that. I was thinking along the lines of giving up your 5th amendment protection against self-incrimination.

EG: you've got an aftermarket intake (CARB legal or otherwise), and the officer asks "do you have anything installed under the hood?".

I guess that could also apply even if you have a stock engine bay 'cept for say hood shocks since technically that is something "installed".

So what you're saying is that regardless of your answer in either of those situations, the officer still has the right in CA to force you to open the hood? They don't have to articulate probable cause or anything like that?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ticket in Fremont, CA for tints, clear corners, and no front plate. Help?