Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Ticket in Fremont, CA for tints, clear corners, and no front plate. Help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ticket in Fremont, CA for tints, clear corners, and no front plate. Help?

I was driving home in Fremont, CA when this obese dick cop in an SUV pulls me over on Grimmer Blvd. He says I can't have any front tints and continues to walk around my car. Notices my clear corners (with amber bulbs) and no front plate. Writes me a Notice to Appear ticket with everything on it. He says the tints are not a fix-it ticket, even if it is my first offense.

How much do tint tickets usually run in the bay area? Is it true that tints aren't a fix-it ticket??

And oh yeah, his name is J. Rosette if anyone knows him. He's notorious for pulling G's over among other imports.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Clear corners should be okay. I ate plenty of tinted window tickets in my GS430 before, so I decided to take it off finally. Cost me $10 each time. Front plate is a must. They can even ticket you if you park in the street without a front plate.

All those things are a fix it. Dont worry about anything until you recieve the letter in the mail. Sometimes they dont even turn it in. It can take up to 6 months before they send you anything.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:10 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, some cops just tell you to get the front plates on and do not even write a ticket for it. Anyhow, the tint should be a fix it ticket. Tell you what, I think that the CA state is really broke because I got pulled over for not having front plates on, but the cop did not write a ticket. Instead this cop wrote me a fix-it-ticket for not having the correct address on my DL. This ticket cost me $213, which I thought was ridiculous. Be aware, cuz like I said CA is broke and in need of money from their citizens. lol

Old 06-29-2010, 06:54 PM
One time I got a ticket for wrong address on DL, they let me off with speeding. And it was also in the ballpark of $180. **** sucks.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:05 PM
Never gone
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by RichardLe187
I was driving home in Fremont, CA when this obese dick cop in an SUV pulls me over on Grimmer Blvd. He says I can't have any front tints and continues to walk around my car. Notices my clear corners (with amber bulbs) and no front plate. Writes me a Notice to Appear ticket with everything on it. He says the tints are not a fix-it ticket, even if it is my first offense.

How much do tint tickets usually run in the bay area? Is it true that tints aren't a fix-it ticket??

And oh yeah, his name is J. Rosette if anyone knows him. He's notorious for pulling G's over among other imports.

Sorry to laugh, bro, but I know exactly who you're talking about. I've had my fair share of run-ins with Ofc. Rosette back in my Honda days.

Best of luck to you in getting your ticket resolved.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
I got pulled over once for speeding home at about 2am. Cop thought I was "drunk" because my eyes were red? Anyways, he questioned my DL because the address didn't match the address I gave him. I told him I just move here a few weeks ago and I would be going to the DMV to update my address.

He asked me a bunch of questions, and I just told him I'm not drink, I just got back from a pool hall and just a little tired.

He let me go on both speeding at for the DL. And this was in CA when Arnold wasn't in charge.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
It's almost funny you guys in NorCal have a cop that evidently dislikes imports and you know him by name. The solution is easy here, when the ticket says to appear you can remove the tint (spray bottle/razor blade) and put your front license plate back on. This ticket might cost you a total of $30. You should have turned your lights on so officer Rosette could see your amber bulbs, that shouldn't be a violation. These violations are something we're all guilty of, front plate/tint but that's the game we play....
Gary

Old 06-29-2010, 11:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I got a tint ticket in Fremont that was not a fix it ticket, cost 190 but didn't have to take the tint off... Granted that means I could be ticketed again. I've gotten like 5 tint tickets but all others were fix it tickets...

Old 06-29-2010, 11:16 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
HAHAHA
Im pretty sure everyone knows the officer you are talking about.
He gave me a tint ticket and it was not correctable

Old 06-29-2010, 11:16 PM
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
It's almost funny you guys in NorCal have a cop that evidently dislikes imports and you know him by name. The solution is easy here, when the ticket says to appear you can remove the tint (spray bottle/razor blade) and put your front license plate back on. This ticket might cost you a total of $30. You should have turned your lights on so officer Rosette could see your amber bulbs, that shouldn't be a violation. These violations are something we're all guilty of, front plate/tint but that's the game we play....
Gary
I actually did have amber bulbs in my clear corners and it is still a ticket. The reflector it self have to be amber not clear

Ok i got the same exact thing from the same cop, everything is a fix it ticket! BUT to get the tint changed over to a fix it ticket you have to appear at walk-in court in fremont. Make sure you have the proof that the tint is fixed (ticket signed by a cop saying that it is corrected) along with the other stuff. The judge will change it and you will only have to pay $75 total ($25 for each offense) instead of $350 like i almost had to

Did Fatsette tell you your can not be on the road anymore until the tint is off?

Old 06-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

haha damn richard didn't know you got that much tickets LOL.way to go!

Old 06-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

damn this guys been at it since I was in high school!

Old 06-30-2010, 01:07 AM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,019 Likes on 793 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Yup, that cop's a POS if there ever was one. That's why I never drive there anymore, don't wanna deal with the hassle. Worst SFPD did was pull me over when I didn't have a front plate + front tint combined (was stopped twice and even then, was only ever written up for the front plate violation: $10 fix-it). I put on the front plate two years ago and haven't been harassed since.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does he or any one else go after out of staters? I have Wisconsin plates on my car.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:35 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan-g35
Does he or any one else go after out of staters? I have Wisconsin plates on my car.
The State of California does have a limit on how long you can use out-of-state plates once you become a resident here, believe it's 90 days. Officer Rosette would love to catch you on this one especially since you drive a left hand drive SKYLINE sedan....
Gary

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ticket in Fremont, CA for tints, clear corners, and no front plate. Help?