Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Vendor Warning: VIP Status

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
+1 ^

Old 10-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Until the situation is resolved, I can completely understand the OP's decision not to reveal who the vendor is.
I dont wanna deal with a vendor that takes this long to send something, it took 3 weeks to send my wheels, after the 2nd week I was ready to ask for a refund. If someone says it takes X amount of time and it doesn't, I get mad..unless they have a really good excuse.

Originally Posted by STAP IT
I'm interested in who the vendor is. Resolved or not, they are people I'd want to avoid after seeing this.
exactly I dont wanna deal with non professional people that are taking thousands of dollars from me.

Old 10-26-2011, 01:59 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I am worried for OP because usually vendors who have to order (especially custom specs) wheels with 50% deposit are Non-refundable. I hope you get your money back though.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Canada, eh?

If the deposit is done with a CC, and you don't get your product, you bet your @$$ that is refundable. If they don't meet their end of the agreement, you don't have to meet yours. I would have been on the phone with my CC company after the 4th month and got my money back ASAP. Hopefully it's not too late for him.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
^ MoneyBackNOW!!!!

Old 10-26-2011, 02:37 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,016 Likes on 791 Posts
sabertooth tiger
I would also take the step of notifying the vendor that due to their failure to do anything in a timely manner or follow through on their promises and obligations that you are going to be disputing the transaction with your bank. Document that call and how it goes, and submit it with the rest of the documentation to your bank.

It would help you a lot if you bought a phone call recording device, and every time you contact the vendor: "Please be aware that this call is being recorded". If they transfer you to anyone at the company, always tell them that as well. This way they will have zero ability to say "oh no, we never said that"

Old 10-26-2011, 02:39 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
Sent you a PM on this a few days ago, let me know if I can help in any way.

Old 10-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Canada, eh?

Originally Posted by calcul8
I would also take the step of notifying the vendor that due to their failure to do anything in a timely manner or follow through on their promises and obligations that you are going to be disputing the transaction with your bank. Document that call and how it goes, and submit it with the rest of the documentation to your bank.

It would help you a lot if you bought a phone call recording device, and every time you contact the vendor: "Please be aware that this call is being recorded". If they transfer you to anyone at the company, always tell them that as well. This way they will have zero ability to say "oh no, we never said that"
There is no need to do that. If you buy something on a credit card, all you need to do is say you've been waiting and waiting and you never got your order. They will issue a credit to you and debit the merchants account. If they can't provide proof it was signed for and delivered to the card holder, they will automatically lose the money permanently. There is usually a time limit on how long you have to issue a chargeback, normally like 6 months so I hope the OP isn't SOL.

Old 10-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for all your input everyone.

As far as an update, I have been calling the vendor EVERY business day including Saturday since 10/21 (the main guy handling my order was due back 10/20).
Up through today's two more calls, no one has picked up.... NO ONE!

So I have tried the route through my credit card company, and an "over-the-phone" dispute request could not be made due to exceeding their 120 day policy.
But after 3 different reps, the last one mentioned to submit my documents in writing to them and hopefully a supervisor would be able to assist.
My take on this though is that if "I'm" already having trouble dealing with the vendor not picking up the phone, how would the credit company do it?
If Canadian is right, in which the credit card company can issue me a credit then debit the merchant, that would be great! I just hope I'm not too far out of the date range.

I will keep you guys updated once I get further information.

Thanks again

Last edited by WTF??; 10-27-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:17 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by STAP IT
I'm interested in who the vendor is. Resolved or not, they are people I'd want to avoid after seeing this.
Originally Posted by SE5spd
I dont wanna deal with a vendor that takes this long to send something, it took 3 weeks to send my wheels, after the 2nd week I was ready to ask for a refund. If someone says it takes X amount of time and it doesn't, I get mad..unless they have a really good excuse.

exactly I dont wanna deal with non professional people that are taking thousands of dollars from me.
I understand where you guys are coming from, but if the OP is going to give the vendor one last chance to make things right, let him.
The fact that this thread even exists should get the attention of the vendor and make them realize he's not screwing around and means business. If they promptly issued a full refund and apology, or ship the wheels with a significant discount for all the trouble, it may sway him to not post their identity.
If, on the other hand, they continue to screw around, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he decides to go ahead and out them.

I'm not saying this is the OP's train of thought, only that it is a reasonable assumption.

Boils down to the fact that it's up to him whether or not he decides to post the vendor, and that patience is a virtue (remember, the OP didn't even have to post this thread, and did so because he wanted advice... not to be pumped for information)

The following users liked this post:
WTF?? (10-28-2011)
Old 10-27-2011, 11:20 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
I agree with you Ashley.

I'm going to try and contact the vendor myself, I have dealt with them in the past, to see if I can help facilitate getting his refund. Hopefully I'll be able to help.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by WTF??
But after 3 different reps, the last one mentioned to submit my documents in writing to them and hopefully a supervisor would be able to assist.
Mike, as far as I know, the normal process after you file your claim, your cc company will send you documents through mail to fill up. Include all details regarding the transaction with the said vendor. It may take awhile esp if we're talking big amounts here.

Guys pls respect Mike (WTF??) if he doesn't want to divulge the vendor's identity. Just be aware and careful when you do purchases like you always do on other stuffs either online or offline.

The following users liked this post:
NFSP G35 (10-28-2011)
Old 10-28-2011, 01:23 AM
thank you for all your responses.

Ed,
I submitted every document I could along with all details that I had.
Thanks for the heads up on further forms. I'll keep an eye out for such.

...such a frustrating situation

Old 11-15-2011, 12:10 AM
This has been a sucky a$$ experience with this vendor. I TRULY hope no one else goes through all this trouble like I have with zero outcome!

To sum it all up, ever since 10/07/11 when I told the vendor that I wanted my refund, they've ducked n dodged my calls. The vendor NEVER called me back to follow up about refunding my money or even saying "we're working on it." ....NEVER did they say it.... They had complete knowledge that I wanted my refund on this day, but gave me the excuse that someone else had to do it and that person was overseas or some other bullsh!t... if they would've had some decency in customer service in just a quick follow up, i would give them more respect, but at this point I just cant...

After all this trouble, I thought I did enough research about this vendor, but I recently found out that on my350z, there are like another 10+ members who have had trouble with this vendor (sucks that I didnt know until i ran into this trouble)...

So because I dont want any other of my fellow forum members going through this **** with this vendor, please continue to do your research with vendors prior to investing your money.

So VIP Status, you could have at least said "thank you" for letting me lend you money for 8+ months

Thanks for all your guys' input... im still r0ckin my OEM's

Old 11-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
I'm so sorry you went through this. All you (or any of us) want is to build a great car. It's too bad something so fun could be dragged down like this on a regular basis. Mike, you're truly a gentleman. Even after all the bs they put you through you didn't blast a headline or try to smear the vendor. They've done a great job on their own.

So...... if you want your thread title changed, you can blame it on me.
I'll sticky this in a heartbeat if you want.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vendor Warning: VIP Status