Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Vendor Warning: VIP Status

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 04:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Vendor Warning: VIP Status

So I'm looking for some mature and friendly advice from my fellow forum members.
Some of you guys know me and have met me at some meets/events. Hope you guys are all doin GOOD and could chime in!

So after owning some nice iForged wheels that crapped out on me, which forced me to hassle with getting them repaired from a sloppy local wheel repair shop, I've been running my oem wheels for a good while. I vowed to never deal with aftermarket wheel issues through that shop ever again Better yet, I wouldnt get another set of wheels.....

After soo many months, I bit the bullet in putting in an order for another set of wheels that I really liked. So back in Feb of this year, I put in the 50% deposit. To make a long story short, I still do NOT have the wheels and have been waiting for my refund for two full weeks now. I did some research on my own of how reputable this shop is (a vendor on this site) and some well-known members have given a "thumbs-up" for the vendor. So I dont think I made a bad decision by going through this vendor.

Here's a simple recap of things that happened:
  • 02/22: Vendor and I talked and gave me options of what to decide on. Vendor was cool and seemed on top of things.
  • 02/23: Order and deposit has been put in. Vendor mentioned order would be super quick and I would get the shipment by end of April. In the back of my mind, I knew it wasnt so, and would give them until June/July.
  • 03/11: Tsunami in Japan, with much respect to the people who went thru the disaster, I knew my order would be delayed significantly.
  • Mid April: I called to check in with the vendor (despite their office phone issues) on how the order was going. They apologized for the delay but havent received any word about the order.
  • 06/24: After requesting a call back, the rep called me in "confirming the wheel specs I wanted" which got me suspicious. We discussed the custom specs I wanted 4 months ago. Why are they asking AGAIN?? The rep mentioned the wheels are going through some "weight bearing tests." I gave them the benefit of the doubt that they were diligently working on my order and provided them with my patience and cooperation.
  • update: So between April and September, I received a total of 3 calls of further "run arounds," including the one on 06/24. WTF SUMMER IS OVER!! what am i gunna do with the new wheels??
  • 09/26: After many MAAAANNY attempts of calling them (they hardly pick up) asking for updates, I finally spoke to another rep and he mentioned the main guy handling my order was on travel and should be back in 3 days. The vendor previously asked me if I wanted to change my order with some options they gave me (HMMM!!). I continued to cooperate and gave them my final decision and asked them to call me back ASAP with their help. keep in mind the main guy will be back in 3 days.
  • 10/07: Never received a call from the main guy and I obviously gave them MORE than enough time to do some research in helping expedite my order. So I called in AGAIN and reached a rep and told him that the main guy NEVER called me back and that this order has gotten completely out of hand and that I wanted my refund. He said he will relay the message to get my refund processed. I kept in mind that a refund credit could take up to 2-3 days to post.
  • 10/17: Checking my credit refund, nothing came through. I called the vendor and the phone guy acted like he was shocked that the main guy never called me back. He also mentioned the main guy was on travel again and would be back by 10/20. After further discussion and letting him know that I didnt want to bash his business, I just simply want my refund, but he said only the main guy can do it... Yes this is looking ALL BAD.... I asked the guy I been talking to to pleeeease call me by Wednesday, 10/20, when the main guy returns.
  • 10/22: Still no call back..................... WTFFF???

So once again, I would like to respectfully ask for some mature advice from my fellow members since I made a 50% deposit on this (to me its a lot of money). What can I do to get my money back??? Is it just me or was my order clearly of no priority to them??? I dont wanna bash the business because thats just not how I do business, but Im VERY tempted to after all this waiting and being a what I think is a VERY PATIENT and cooperative customer. For now, please dont ask the vendor name.

Your time in reading and responding is much appreciated.

Thanks guys.....

Last edited by WTF??; 10-23-2011 at 04:34 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:00 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Sorry to hear, no matter who it is, they definitely don't know how to conduct business. Hope everything works out for you,

Old 10-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts
Damn that sucks mike. They shouldn't give you the run around like that. I would definately keep up on this and better yet do more research about this vendor. Hopefully they'll refund you your money or at least find out where your wheels are at.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
pm sent Mike

Old 10-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
Is there a manager or director or someone you can talk to?

Old 10-23-2011, 11:22 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
Sub'd

Old 10-23-2011, 11:56 AM
Hey Mike
This completely sucks and I understand what you are going through as I went through the "exact" same issue with a company called 360 Forged. They've since changed their names (I think)

Don't wait for this company to issue you a refund. Call your credit card company and seek a refund through them. Have a detailed report like you listed above as it will help expedite the process.

People should know who this vendor is but I understand why you would choose not to post who they are

Good luck

The following 2 users liked this post by G35Papa:
SE5spd (10-24-2011), WTF?? (10-23-2011)
Old 10-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by iseechriss
Sorry to hear, no matter who it is, they definitely don't know how to conduct business. Hope everything works out for you,
Yeah thats what I ALWAYS try to check in with prior to making such an investment. The vendor seemed trustworthy as some long-time members on here have vouched for them.

Originally Posted by Ray Ray
They shouldn't give you the run around like that....... Hopefully they'll refund you your money or at least find out where your wheels are at.
Yeah giving the run-around is the worst. I rather them be HONEST and saying that isnt hasnt been worked on or just tell me the order most likely wont be going through. Basically through the date I requested my refund, doesnt seem like they even built the wheels yet...

Originally Posted by Grace
pm sent Mike
Thank you!!

Originally Posted by alpa_chino
Is there a manager or director or someone you can talk to?
I asked them the same exact question... Apparently, the main guy that has been dealing with my order AND the guy who I've been talking to on the phone are all like co-owners. But the phone guy says ONLY the guy who handled my order could do the refund. I found that outrageous!

Originally Posted by G35Papa
Don't wait for this company to issue you a refund. Call your credit card company and seek a refund through them. Have a detailed report like you listed above as it will help expedite the process.
Thanks for your suggestion Chris. This seems like a valuable path as you've previously gone through this mess as well. I will attempt this and hope for the best.

MORE suggestions welcomed!! Overall the vendor (both guys) is courteous on the phone and has good phone skills in terms of understanding and persuasion of trusting them. Its the lack of outcome and follow-up that pushed me to request for a refund.

Last edited by WTF??; 10-23-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
If they don't want to give you your money back you should contact you bank or credit card and cancel through them. Tell them what happened, the amount of time it has taken, and now you want the transaction cancelled and what you spent refunded.

If they are honest people and company I don't see why they wouldn't refund your money in a timely Manet after you requested it and waited for them this whole time.

Can always report them afterwards to the bbb If they dont

Old 10-23-2011, 09:14 PM
No problem Mike. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Sorry to hear Mike. I must commend you for having too much patience.

Papa was right to contact your cc company to get your refund. And send all infos abt your transaction with them down to the last detail. The more evidence you submit, the quicker
for them to process your refund.

Apparently this said vendor has something to hide. What else would they give you the runarounds if they didn't have anything up their sleeves?

Old 10-24-2011, 12:34 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
What vendor??

Old 10-24-2011, 11:28 PM
? = 2B || !2B

Received 851 Likes on 639 Posts
Originally Posted by SE5spd
What vendor??
Until the situation is resolved, I can completely understand the OP's decision not to reveal who the vendor is.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:00 PM
I can haz potato?

Received 1,019 Likes on 793 Posts
sabertooth tiger
Sub'd for updates. Sorry to hear this happened to you and I echo the sentiments that you've exhausted all your avenues for resolving the situation amicably. You have gone far above-and-beyond what can reasonably expected from a consumer and I believe your next step is to take it up with your credit card company.

Document all your conversations (like you did in the OP), emails, who you spoke with, when, etc and then request a chargeback/refund from the CC company.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSP G35
Until the situation is resolved, I can completely understand the OP's decision not to reveal who the vendor is.
I'm interested in who the vendor is. Resolved or not, they are people I'd want to avoid after seeing this.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vendor Warning: VIP Status