Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Vendor Warning: VIP Status

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^I vote for changing the thread title with the name of the vendor in it.

I had just as much trouble with VIP Status as you did..thought they were reputable cuz many members on my350z vouched for them back then. I ordered my Volks from them with a 50% deposit and 8 months later still no wheels. They kept giving me BS and the runaround and when I told them I wanted to cancel the order, they said the deposit is nonrefundable. Since I used a debit card, I was out of luck on the deposit. They suggested I pick up a set of their in stock wheels but ****, if I wanted those I wouldn't have custom ordered my set.....cmon man.

Then all the sudden, when I called to complain again, "miraculously" my wheels came in! They told me the wheels arrived state side and I can come by in a week to pick them up. Wtf ok, so I called again in a week and here it comes, the most BS excuse I have EVER heard. They told me that apparently, a salesperson who received the shipment didn't know the wheels were already sold (TO ME) and they SOLD THEM TO SOMEONE ELSE ON THE SPOT! Are you fvcking kidding me. By then I already deduced that they took my deposit in the beginning and never even ordered my wheels. Like the OP, every time I called to track the status of my order, they don't even know what wheels I'm talking about and what specs they were.

Really, that's the customer service you're going to give to someone who spent $1500 on a deposit for wheels that you never even ordered?? I ended up picking up a set of volks with similar specs from a forum member and since VIP status wouldn't issue me my refund, I was forced to use some of it to buy a set of falken tires and other miscellaneous things. I still had 200 bucks left over on my refund balance, which the owner ended up cutting me a check for but guess what? IT BOUNCED. Shady issue after shady issue kept coming up and finally I just said fvck it. Obviously never going back to them and never recommending them to anybody. It's a shame cuz they had the potential to be a great shop but they messed up big time.

The following 2 users liked this post by by15vc:
DR.D69 (01-02-2012), SDGenius (11-16-2011)
Old 11-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Grace
I'm so sorry you went through this. All you (or any of us) want is to build a great car. It's too bad something so fun could be dragged down like this on a regular basis. Mike, you're truly a gentleman. Even after all the bs they put you through you didn't blast a headline or try to smear the vendor. They've done a great job on their own.

So...... if you want your thread title changed, you can blame it on me.
I'll sticky this in a heartbeat if you want.
Gillian,
Thank you for your kind words. This thread is ALL YOURS. You can do whatever you want from it from here.
I think I've said enough and had enough with this vendor. I didnt want to bash the vendor cuz I believe in karma.... they'll get theirs

Originally Posted by by15vc
I had just as much trouble with VIP Status as you did..thought they were reputable cuz many members on my350z vouched for them back then......

.......Shady issue after shady issue kept coming up and finally I just said fvck it. Obviously never going back to them and never recommending them to anybody. It's a shame cuz they had the potential to be a great shop but they messed up big time.
That sucks man.. wish I had known about your bad experience, but at least you came through with an alternative route. Luckily my credit card company came through for me. So I thank Chris, aka G35papa, for his suggestion.

http://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-t...ml#post9457852
Well, for anyone dealing or planning on dealing with this vendor, please find on my350z that there are multiple cases of issues with this vendor. Take note, the thread I attached is a *second* thread, which contains 10+ members going through similiar issues.

Oh and btw, the vendor is banned from my350z. On g35driver, they havent been active since May 2011 (according to their last post).

Take care guys

Old 11-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
Whoa, that's crazy, I wonder what's going on over there? I've dealt with them a bunch of times (usually Rick) and never had an issue. Hope they get things turned around ASAP!

Old 11-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
It is hard to trust anyone these days, wheel companies/vendors seem to be the worst .

Can we ban them as a vendor over here?

Old 11-19-2011, 12:28 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WTF??
http://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-t...ml#post9457852
Well, for anyone dealing or planning on dealing with this vendor, please find on my350z that there are multiple cases of issues with this vendor. Take note, the thread I attached is a *second* thread, which contains 10+ members going through similiar issues.

Oh and btw, the vendor is banned from my350z. On g35driver, they havent been active since May 2011 (according to their last post).

Oh hai

Can't forget about the 370z world... they suffer the same wait
http://www.the370z.com/wheels-tires/...ci-wheels.html

Old 11-21-2011, 02:17 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Originally Posted by stogey420time
Oh hai

Can't forget about the 370z world... they suffer the same wait
http://www.the370z.com/wheels-tires/...ci-wheels.html
Eric, thanks for linking the threads and compiling the list of those that have been scammed.

I haven't seen you in awhile either man, everything going okay?

Old 11-21-2011, 03:06 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
that's scary, right wen i was going to step into the wheel market... makes me second thought myself. thanks for the notices guys! maybe i shall just deal locally.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:17 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
No problem Mike. Glad to see you were able to get your funds back and glad to see this vendor being called out.

It's scary how similar these stories are to one another. It's like it's the same person/s ripping people off using the same excuses/tactics

Old 11-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
man....im really sorry to hear about these situations you guys have experienced. Good thread though to read for advice and info in such a situation.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:05 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts
Not sure if this every got resolved or not but being a vendor

Chargebacks can be processed up to 2 years from the original purchase date. Being a vendor this is a issue I see quite a few times. But if it could help you out by all means.

Credit card company will issue you a credit for it however it's in your hands to prove that you never got it

Pictures/ Shipping Docs/ Container Lists/ Receipts/ Purchase Orders etc.

Hope this helps if not shoot me a PM if you got any questions.