Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Infiniti Master Tech in Sacramento looking to start my own shop specializing in Infin

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Infiniti Master Tech in Sacramento looking to start my own shop specializing in Infin

Just trying to get a feel for the business I could drum up. Would you guys take your cars to a shop that's not gonna gouge you on labor and knows your cars inside and out? I was thinking if I charge like $60 an hour for labor and I use factory (or whatever the customer specifies) parts, I may be able to do ok. I have also done a ton of aftermarket stuff. I used to have an 06 6mt cpe that I built up on top of doing customer work. Please let me know what you guys think...

Old 09-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Old 09-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
id go to you if you werent in sacramento come down south some

Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by ITNKICN
Nice! But seriously though.. It's a good gig for everybody involved..

Old 09-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by n1njad4niel
id go to you if you werent in sacramento come down south some
How far south?

Old 09-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Received 52 Likes on 33 Posts
you should post this in the NorCal section.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Have more than one post- have some guys who have used your services before... Have some explanation why you no longer work for Infiniti- have a description of how you "built up" your car- have ANYTHING better than nothing at all and you'd be a step ahead. I'm all strafed out at this point- so the random dude who comes in posting random stuff is worthless.

The following users liked this post:
lsmooth81 (09-19-2012)
Old 09-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Well, I am STILL with Infiniti, but the dealership game is getting tiresome. Think of all the crap you deal with when you go there then multiply it by 10 and you get an idea of what the techs deal with. As far as my car... 06 6mt volk te37, ati pro charger, hks exhaust, jwt lightened flywheel and 3 puck clutch, hks intercooler, modified the g37 sport brake setup to fit the 06 knuckle, injen cai, plenum spacer, headers, I may be forgetting things( I spent over 100k).. I don't have any people who have "gone to me" as I am still in the process of getting this thing to jump off and this post was originally to see if there were even people out there interested in taking their car to someone else or if they enjoy struggling on mundane and simple things in their driveway (not that all of you are inept, but I have encountered some that truly are).... Anything else?

Old 09-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Oh, paint, body work, body kit with skirts, tint, system, alarm.....

Old 09-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by infiniti tech
Oh, paint, body work, body kit with skirts, tint, system, alarm.....
Also had the tein electronically adjustable suspension, stillen sway bars and strut tower braces...

Old 09-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
pics

Old 09-18-2012, 11:25 PM
Nope.. Had to let my baby go due to financial trouble, and the computer they were on is no longer living. But it's really not about the car, it's about me wanting to know if this is even a good place to try and draw business from. Seems to me like it might not be. Seems like everyone just wants to try and talk big from behind their computer. I'm not saying I'm some kind of mod guru. I'm just an honest dude trying to explore another avenue for my career to be successful. I know these cars very well and I've seen a lot in the 10 years ive been working on them. Thought I could put together a mutually benifical situation for the people out there that are tired of paying high prices for crappy work. I could stay with the dealers and squeeze money out of people right and left but it's come to a point where it's just too much with the cutbacks and **** they're doing to us. Anyway, I probably won't post here anymore because it doesn't seem like its gonna work out...

Old 09-18-2012, 11:32 PM
lets try this again shall we...

You speak about being MASTER and all credential but have no solid PROOF to show for it such as certificates, Employee badges, photos of prior jobs, Personal vehicle pictures, customers to vouch for you, or which location you work at so members can visit you. For all we know you could be the porter in the dealership and have wild dreams about drifting and fastnfurious.

You demand $60 an hour which is fair but I have no clue your labor quality, standards, ethics, tools or previous experience. You want us all to jump on your band wagon and open up our wallets but have nothing to offer us.

Go open a shop and put up a sign that has your labor hour rates. Advertise in the local new paper and marketing avenues. Use word of mouth between family members to get business started while marketing takes effect. Once we come by and see your shop with a decent set of tools, some sort of certification, cars in the bay and grease all over your hands. Then we will think about giving you $60 for 1 hour of labor. Till then you can make minimum wage till you show us PROOF of WHAT YOU ARE WORTH.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:05 AM
Angry

Because I dont want to get booted off of the forum I will hold my tongue. Like I said, no computer and I don't see any way to upload individual pics from my phone. so how about this ill take some pics of my toolbox and a screenshot from my nnanet page. What else? Do you want a pic of my shirt? Should I be wearing it? Should I open up a couple of buttons for you? I don't deal directly with customers, that's the advisors job and I'm pretty sure I don't want you to come visit with me.. So we are crystal clear... I AM TRYING TO SEE IF THERE WAS A SHOP IN THIS AREA THAT SPECIALIZED IN INFINITI VEHICLES WOULD PEOPLE EVEN GIVE IT A SECOND LOOK.. I'm not asking you to open your wallet (and by the looks of your z tube and nice round shift **** it must be a big one) this is what I would call an inquiry as to people's feelings... Do you like the people you deal with? Or would you be interested in trying something else.... GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE! You don't know me I get it... Not sure I would want to know you anyway.
And by the way that is a pretty set of pics of that fancy ****
A$$

Old 09-19-2012, 12:08 AM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Master Tech in Sacramento looking to start my own shop specializing in Infin