Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

SF Bay Area Service Dep. recommendation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Eric, sorry to read of your unsatisfactory experience with Serramonte. I have been to Oakland once . . . And was very pleased with my dealings with Louis.

LMAO! . . . Post *****, eh? Hmmmm . . . Okay . . . I have been called worst.

Old 11-07-2005, 04:45 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Kinda sucks with Serramonte cause I have been going there for almost 2 years and always had great experiences with the previous staff but now its just not the same place without them. On the other hand, Oakland's service is top notch. I went there once and was shocked at how well they take care of their customer. Starbucks coffee, snacks, and even offered me a catered lunch! The environment is is really kick-back also and doesn'y have that dealership-like vibe. My only gripe with them was the price on the oil change though...around $50+ , otherwise the place and employees are awesome and knowledgeable too!

as far as being called a post ***** (j/k), don't worry, most of my ex's refer to me as a type of ***** too

Last edited by gizsf; 11-07-2005 at 04:54 AM.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oakland is so far

Old 03-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
try driving to niello from san jose... the traffic is horrible.... wasted 2 hrs of my life

Old 03-17-2006, 12:54 AM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
Called Infiniti consumer affairs today and did two things:

1 - Filed an official complaint against Peninsula Infiniti.

Serramonte had tried 3 times to fix my air leak (rear passenger's size quarter panel glass) - failing every time and I could even see the stuff they tried to stuff the gap with (foam). So I decided to try peninsula. They told me to bring the car in and get a loaner... So I drove down there and then they call me and tell me they're not going to work on my car (keep in mind I told them ahead of my my problem in extreme detail and that serramonte had been trying to fix it). Anyways, I was really pissed because I had to drive there twice (waste gas) and waste my time.

Went back to serramonte, they said they've done all they can and that I should speak with consumer affairs. I called consumer affairs and they told me that serramonte has done all they can and that's it. Out of desparation, I tried on least dealership (frontier). Frontier ended-up fixing the issue immediately. (Brad Glincher seems to be an awesome service writer). They did scratch my tint in the process but gave me money to pay for the re-tinting of the glass. Thank you Brad Glincher!

2 - Filled a suggestion to Infiniti corporate to encourage communication between dealerships. For example, with the clutch pedal clicking, neither serramonte, nor frontier, nor peninsula will fix the issue.. however take it to niello, and they get a new assembly on order for you faster than you can pop the clutch

I tried telling the other dealships that niello had fixed the problem and even gave them the VIN of another G35 that had the same problem but all I got from them is "We're calling the tech line." They just really need to communicate with each other - especially when a customer brings a repair reference right to their faces!!!

BUT DOES SHOULD A CUSTOMER HAVE TO GO THROUGH THESE HEADACHES?????

- I believe my point is well made...

Old 03-17-2006, 01:33 AM
i had a good experience with serramonte getting the fuel filler tsb taken care of

Old 03-17-2006, 11:17 AM
IQ9
I had Brad when I was at Frontier. He is good. I got tired of the pricing and the" I don't feel your seat move at all" It moves everyday. I have had t seat tracks and they gave up. I hope I don't ever get hit where the extra play in the seat track factors in. I will have Frontier's and Pleasanton's a$$es. Both gave up and claimed all fixed. I said try putting someone in there of my size not a tech 60 pounds lighter than me. All I heard was crickets chirp. I got to Z Car Garage for everything and am happy I did so. Rob does it all. Good luck at the Stealer.

Old 03-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by NotSoGreat
Your the only one going through any kind of headache. You make it seem like your car should be perfect.

Bythabay
you keep filing complaints to infiniti consumer affairs. not knowing they have already red flaged your name and vin. dumbass, they dont take into consideration nothing you have to say, because every single dealer that you have gone to has done everything they can to avoid dealing with you. What does filing a complaint do for you any ways. every dealer knows you as a complainer, and so does consumer affairs. Why should dealers have to communicate. They are owned by different corporation. Same brand, owned and operated by different companies. So, why should they talk, so they can talk about how ridiculous this whole online forum and how it makes there jobs tedious. That only people who are on this damm forum are the only people who come in to the dealers looking for free ****, and complain about there cars. But everyone else who got there car because they liked it and like to drive it, seem not to complain about it. But everyone on this forum has to look at everything through a microscope and listen for every squeak and rattle. Its a production car.
Caution: Troll Crossing

Attached Thumbnails SF Bay Area Service Dep. recommendation?-troll-crossing.jpg  
Old 03-21-2006, 07:19 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Wow, that little "Report Bad Post" button really works.

Old 03-31-2007, 06:05 PM
i have all my work done at infiniti of marin and all i can say is they rock my little socks off!!!!!! They provide me with awesome 06 loaners and last time i got the new 07 sedan they dont question anything if you are under warranty and the service advisors are just awesome. if you go ask for amanda in service she is awesome and tell her ARAM sent you...... she will definitely take care of you.

Old 04-01-2007, 04:07 AM
Pete at infiniti serramonte is awesome. he literally left the shop, got on his knees, and polished my headlights with 3m plastic cleaner... now thats some high quality customer service. =)

Old 04-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by johnsonhuang
Pete at infiniti serramonte is awesome. he literally left the shop, got on his knees, and polished my headlights with 3m plastic cleaner... now thats some high quality customer service. =)
+1000 for Pete. He is always quite accommodating. Pete and the rest of the Serramonte staff makes my visits less of a task. Pete and John get it done. Serramonte performs all of my oil 2.5k mile changes and will be doing my 30k service in about a month or so.

Hate to revive an old post, but I would be remiss if I did not comment on Serramonte's continuing and consistant excellence in the quality of customer service.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Modded Member
My experiences and those of my friends with parts, service, and sales at Serramonte Infiniti have all been nightmares.

When my motor blew on my G35, I had it towed directly to Peninsula Infiniti- I wouldn't step back into Serramonte even if the place was filled with models and booze. After PM'ing a few of you guys, I got a unanimous vote to bring it to Brian Reedy at Peninsula in Redwood City. They set me up with a loaner car no questions asked.

A couple weeks later I got a call saying to return my loaner car as they won't be performing the engine swap unless I paid $14,000 out of pocket. So, naturally I demanded to see the manager. I spoke with Ron Cosgrove, their Service Manager. Ron treated me like shlt, as if I was some kid who didn't pay for their own car. He told me he doesn't need to help me because they don't need the job, and he could care less. He told me that Infiniti NA had denied warranty coverage due to "mods and lack of maintenance." I went over the facts with him, but he didn't want to hear it. He even questioned the authenticity of my invoices! My only mods at that time was an intake, and a coupe midpipe. I told him I would have swapped the intake out at home if I thought it would have been a problem for him. I asked him "how do I make this right?" His response was that there was no way, that I ruined my car and am responsible to pay because the warranty doesn't cover negligence. Anybody that knows me that I'm anything but negligent with my car! I decided right then and there that I never wanted to own another Infiniti product again.

I needed to leave his office, because the comments he had made were out of hand, and I have a short temper. I took all of my service records back from him and walked out. When I got home, I called Brian Reedy and let him know how troubled I was with this experience. He recommended I try calling the customer service department again, and he'd see what other information I should produce to have them accept my claim. After doing so, it seemed that Infiniti still wanted to deny warranty coverage. When going through my records that I took back from Ron, I found that I accidentally grabbed a printout of their log for me. On this printout, was an entry by Ron that said "warranty denied due to lack of receipts."

Disgruntled by all this, on the way home I went to the BMW dealership in my loaner and purchased my dream car. Yes, I'm impulsive. Yes, I was pissed. Yes, I went back to Infiniti in it to rub it in their faces.

I contacted a lawyer, and he said I had a very clear case against Infiniti, but I hesitated to go that route. I wanted Infiniti to make this right. My car was under warranty coverage, and I wanted them to honor it. I read line by line through the warranty, and finally found a clause that stipulated "Infiniti cannot deny warranty coverage due to lack of receipts for maintenance." I called Infiniti NA and asked for a new rep to deal with in customer service. I spoke with a man named John. He politely heard out the whole story, and was in awe when I told him the outcome. He told me he'd escalate the issue to the pre-approvals department (this is the dept that approves warranty issues). John was able to find the rep in pre-approvals that denied my warranty, and went over the facts. I got a call two days later telling me that I was approved for the replacement of a full new long block!!!

I contacted Brian asking if he'd heard the news, he hadn't but he was happy to continue the process we setup in the beginning. He provided me with constant status updates throughout the 2.5 weeks it took to complete the job, and delivered the car in the same perfect condition it came in (except for the blown motor).

Although my experience with Peninsula Infiniti was bittersweet, I recommend that anyone seeking fair service visit Brian Reedy. His judgment was fair throughout the process, and he was communicative of all that was going on.

Last edited by vodkarocket; 04-01-2007 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:52 AM
^^^plus one for brian reidy...he's a really good guy and he also drives a 6mt sedan.