Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Wash in South Bay

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Rno
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wash in South Bay

Do you guys/gals have a prefered place, in the South Bay, where I could get my G cleaned up, exterior, without being afraid of them scratching or damaging the paint or anything.

I've been using Marlin (on Steven's Creek) for year for my other cars, but sometimes they rush it and I am not sure if they would scratch the paint or
what.

TIA !

--Rno.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:33 PM
IQ9
Got to Chevron-Premiere Car wash on Montague & 880. They do a FAR better job than Marlin ever thought of doing.

Old 06-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a guy on Taylor and Coleman that my co-worker swears by. never used them myself as I prefer to do it on my own. Prices start at $40 and go on up

Old 06-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Rno
Well ... I don't want to do it myself, I don't trust that I can do a swirl free job :-/
I was hoping to find a place where they would do it better than me, but I am a bit worried to just go to those busy places, and see tons of swirls after my wash :-/

--Rno.

Old 06-04-2005, 08:15 PM
There is other one just bit further up form Marlins closs to saratoga, it says "100 percent hand wash" , it look like its bit smaller and less crowded too.

Old 06-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by limeg35
There is other one just bit further up form Marlins closs to saratoga, it says "100 percent hand wash" , it look like its bit smaller and less crowded too.
I've been to that one 3 times now and havent had any problems. The only thing I worry about is that even though its 100% hand...the car still drives in a track. My wheels have not been scratched yet..and I hope they dont either. Might be going today...hahahaha

Old 06-16-2005, 12:44 AM
Rno
Originally Posted by limeg35
Yeah ... I saw that one. Actually, there are 2 of them, that I checked out.

The one close to Saratoga ("Magic Touch" I think...) seems to be ok. Small family business, and after talking to the owner, they seem to know what they are doing.

There's also another one next to Nissan ("Classic ..." something). They seem to be doing a good job also. They have some air compressors to blow the water from the small cracks between doors, etc...

I found a 3rd one, not too far from there, on Bascom, few stores down from Hamilton, "100% hand wash" as well. I haven't checked that one out yet.

Now I just found out that my company has negociated a price with a mobile detailing guy. It's called "MAD" ... ever head of them ?

--Rno.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:45 AM
Rno
Originally Posted by anotherg35
I've been to that one 3 times now and havent had any problems. The only thing I worry about is that even though its 100% hand...the car still drives in a track. My wheels have not been scratched yet..and I hope they dont either. Might be going today...hahahaha
Dude ! We might get some rain tomorrow or Friday ! :-)

--Rno.

Old 06-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Rno
Alright ... :-) I tried out the Classic one, next to Nissan.

Very pleased with the quality of the job. They are very careful, very detailed, and 2 guys per cars. No scratches, swirls that I could find.
The complete package, in/out/clearcoat/tire dressing is actually also pretty cheap, only $17.95 or so.

Like anotherg35 said, I was worried about the wheels too, so I stood right next to the car when it went on the rail, but they were actually pretty careful and another guy was guiding the driver.

I would recommend it for those who don't want to spend the time washing themselves. :-)

--Rno.

Originally Posted by Rno
Yeah ... I saw that one. Actually, there are 2 of them, that I checked out.

The one close to Saratoga ("Magic Touch" I think...) seems to be ok. Small family business, and after talking to the owner, they seem to know what they are doing.

There's also another one next to Nissan ("Classic ..." something). They seem to be doing a good job also. They have some air compressors to blow the water from the small cracks between doors, etc...

I found a 3rd one, not too far from there, on Bascom, few stores down from Hamilton, "100% hand wash" as well. I haven't checked that one out yet.

Now I just found out that my company has negociated a price with a mobile detailing guy. It's called "MAD" ... ever head of them ?

--Rno.

Old 06-24-2005, 11:57 AM
Registered

na..here are the 3 places I go to..all hand washed..

on el camino..across the street from firestone..very cheap..5 bucks..all hand wash and dry..dey do a fairly decent job..but wa do u expect for 5 bucks..

the next place is on stevens creek..next to the hummer shop..all hand washed..and machine dried..ranges from a simple outside wash..to a more detailed wash..

There is also one more..vallero on montague...just over 880...kinda expensive..starts at 9.99 and jumps to 20 bucks..but dey do a very detailed cleaning..dey use air pressure in the cracks..

Chevron uses the bristles..which sucks..and scratches up your car..

Old 06-24-2005, 02:12 PM
Been trying to post a new thread, but it keeps failing...

anyway, I 'm coming up for Extreme Autofest tonight and would appreciate a reference to a Self Service car wash (pref 24 hr?) in or around the Daly City area

thx - Ted

Old 08-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Queston for ya guys., WHat city is the one "next " to Nissan??? What's the cross street?? what else is it next to. I work in Santa Clara so I'm up that way all the time.

Old 08-05-2005, 07:46 PM
IQ9
When I use the Chevron off 880 I get the "hand wash & hand wax special" so I have no issies with bristles. Keep in mind that the touchless systems use chemiclas that thin your clear coat, so I do not use them at all.

Old 08-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Just went to the place on Stevens Creek nearest the Hummer dealer. $17 for all hand washed outside and interior cleaned and tires done. Better deal than the Cheveron near 880. Will go back there when I am feeling lazy.

Old 08-14-2005, 09:56 PM
IQ9
I only pay $35 for a hand wash and a hand wax. $17 sounds out of line. I used the same place(next to the Hummer dealer) alot when I had my Mitsu but they kept getting sloppy and missing areas and they use spray wax not the good stuff. Enjoy them, I did for a while and then got tired of the bad wash jobs and spray wax.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wash in South Bay