Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

FREE Dynos from Scott Performance in Santa Clara

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Modded Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andy2434
Igor, If I am not mistaken, with regard to the stroker kit . . . Ted at Scott Performance promised/mentioned 300 rwhp for a cost of $6k installed.

In addition, after my G's dyno, Ted said that if I didn't gain at least 20 hp with unichip, he would refund my money. I wonder what he meant by 20 hp . . . At the steering wheel?
If this is the case, then my response would be: PWN3D!

I got a bad vibe from Scott Performance when I met Ted and his crew before. After my test mule confirms the effectiveness of the UNICHIP, I will surely be paying another visit to Z Car Garage- they have shown a high level of profesionalism.

Old 11-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by andy2434
Igor, If I am not mistaken, with regard to the stroker kit . . . Ted at Scott Performance promised/mentioned 300 rwhp for a cost of $6k installed.
andy, he said 100hp per liter - 4 liters = 400hp.

i'll see about UNICHIP. i don't like these cunning methods "20hp or your money back". i know Rob will take the thing back if i'm not happy with it.

Old 11-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
If this is the case, then my response would be: PWN3D!

I got a bad vibe from Scott Performance when I met Ted and his crew before. After my test mule confirms the effectiveness of the UNICHIP, I will surely be paying another visit to Z Car Garage- they have shown a high level of profesionalism.
i agree. i too felt bad vibe. and bad blood towards Z car garage. i went back to ZCG that same night and Rob didn't have anything bad to say about SP...

boris, your girlfrield drives IS300 too?... we better not be dating the same chick!!!

Old 11-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by codeflux
i agree. i too felt bad vibe. and bad blood towards Z car garage. i went back to ZCG that same night and Rob didn't have anything bad to say about SP...

boris, your girlfrield drives IS300 too?... we better not be dating the same chick!!!
Hahaha! She has a 2005 IS300- I was actually planning on getting her an SUV (FX35 or RX330) and making the IS my project car, but I ended up getting my G35.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:57 AM
I heard somewhere that Rob used to work with Ted. and there was a business discrepancy so rob broke off and started Z-car. i think that is why there is bad blood.

Old 11-22-2005, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, regardless of what their differences might or might not be . . . I didn't appreciate Ted making some back handed comments about Rob when Ted was first talking to us inside the office about the G's engine block.

I don't know how many of you heard Ted's comments about Rob, which I will not repeat, but that's very unprofessional. I have never met Rob, but Ted's comments were not neccessary.

Old 11-22-2005, 03:25 AM
agreed. is anything, this made me want to go back to ZCG even more. and when i did - i didn't regret it.

Old 11-22-2005, 11:32 AM
D87
Originally Posted by myst
I did walk away with a z-tube though. Andy was funny. "What are you still doing here? Go already!"
Let me know when you install it. I need a live demo. And did you ever get your curb rash fixed?

Old 11-22-2005, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by D87
Let me know when you install it. I need a live demo. And did you ever get your curb rash fixed?
I installed it that same night. It takes about 15 minutes to install. I also installed a JWT pop charger at the same time. That took less than an hour, and only because I was taking my time. It's really easy to do. =)

I never got the curb rashed fixed. No time to stop by the wheel repair shop. I should really do it though. Thanks for reminding me.

Danny: We can hook up your z-tube anytime you want XD

Old 11-22-2005, 01:34 PM
D87
Originally Posted by myst
I installed it that same night. It takes about 15 minutes to install. I also installed a JWT pop charger at the same time. That took less than an hour, and only because I was taking my time. It's really easy to do. =)

I never got the curb rashed fixed. No time to stop by the wheel repair shop. I should really do it though. Thanks for reminding me.

Danny: We can hook up your z-tube anytime you want XD
Ok, let me get one first!

Old 11-22-2005, 03:39 PM
Lets clear something up. Rob didnt work with Ted. Two different people. I heard Ted bought the business and Rob and some workers left, gee I wonder why. And from the pix i saw of that place. You call that a Dyno. That place is a dump. i hope their work exceeds the look, customer service they have. Im really gonna leave my car with some teenagers, Please.

Old 11-22-2005, 03:59 PM
turboshoota, you're a bit too fresh to the board to talk $hit about either Scott Performance or Z Car Garage.

"You call that a Dyno. That place is a dump." - which shop are you talking about, btw? not that i would put any weight into anything you have to say.

Old 11-22-2005, 04:01 PM
D87, would you be interested in used pop-charger and Z-tube? i might be selling mine soon and getting Weapon-R.

Old 11-22-2005, 04:05 PM
D87
Originally Posted by codeflux
D87, would you be interested in used pop-charger and Z-tube? i might be selling mine soon and getting Weapon-R.
I am definitely interested in the Z-tube. Don't wanna go pop-charger just yet. PM me with a price?

Old 11-22-2005, 05:12 PM
Danny, you need to hear the sound of the pop charger. Nice and *ahem* quiet *ahem* =)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FREE Dynos from Scott Performance in Santa Clara