Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

FREE Dynos from Scott Performance in Santa Clara

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 06:15 PM
D87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by myst
Danny, you need to hear the sound of the pop charger. Nice and *ahem* quiet *ahem* =)
Methinks he's being sarcastic...

Old 11-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Modded Member
Let me know if you decide to go with Weapon *R- I'm planning to make a visit to their facility on Friday.

Check out some of the custom fabrication they can do: http://www.weapon-r.com/store/agora....&ppinc=search2

Old 11-22-2005, 07:24 PM
D87
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
Let me know if you decide to go with Weapon *R- I'm planning to make a visit to their facility on Friday.

Check out some of the custom fabrication they can do: http://www.weapon-r.com/store/agora....&ppinc=search2
Boris, check your PM. I'm hoping we can meet-up in the city tomorrow. I think the bank closes at either 5 or 6, I'll you know when I find out. Can you meet around that time?

Old 11-22-2005, 08:14 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
oh damn you're right - they are in SF. btw, their address resolves to:

180 Associated Rd, South San Francisco, CA 94080

very close to to International Autobody. i will go by and check out their operation next week. hopefully buy the Weapon-R intake, too.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You guys are killing me . . . No, no . . . No more modes for me! Gotta keep chanting that . . . No, no, no . . . Hmmmm . . . Where is Weapon R located again?

Old 11-22-2005, 09:21 PM

subliminal message:

more mods for andy
more mods for andy
more mods for andy
more mods for andy
more mods for andy
more mods for andy
more mods for andy
more mods for andy
more mods for andy
more mods for andy
more mods for andy
more mods for andy
more mods for andy
more mods for andy
more mods for andy
more mods for andy
more mods for andy
more mods for andy

Old 11-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
it seems a couple of people here have a "negative" vibe when it comes to Scott Performance.

let me share my experience.

ted has been gracious by working with me on my project car. getting the engine bay ready for paint and on time for the tow company is no small feat.

i agree that his shop and Rob's shop are different. to call it a dump is a bit extreme.

today, after test driving my car, they discovered a crack in my timing cover. the cause is unknown...could be the powdercoat, could be something else. regardless, since he had his engine apart, he graciously donated his timing cover to my car. they uninstalled the cracked cover, cleaned and prepped the new cover and painted it and installed within the afternoon.

rather than nickel and dime me with labor and parts, he did everything free of charge.

Old 11-22-2005, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by drsifu1
it seems a couple of people here have a "negative" vibe when it comes to Scott Performance.

ted has been gracious by working with me on my project car. getting the engine bay ready for paint and on time for the tow company is no small feat.

i agree that his shop and Rob's shop are different. to call it a dump is a bit extreme.

today, after test driving my car, they discovered a crack in my timing cover. the cause is unknown...could be the powdercoat, could be something else. regardless, since he had his engine apart, he graciously donated his timing cover to my car. they uninstalled the cracked cover, cleaned and prepped the new cover and painted it and installed within the afternoon.

rather than nickel and dime me with labor and parts, he did everything free of charge.
Vihn,

Just for the record . . . I had no issues with Ted nor with Scott performance. However, after having heard him making some . . . ummmm . . . no so flattering comments about Rob, whom I do not know, it just goes to show me a bit more of one's ethics and character. I started out with a really good impression of Scott performance, until . . . Well, you know. I am positive that on any given day and under a different set of circumstances, Ted would conduct himself as a true professional of his trade.

As for the bashing comments from turbowhatever . . . That's totally uncalled for. I am not even quite sure whom those comments were aimed at.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:08 AM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by codeflux
oh damn you're right - they are in SF. btw, their address resolves to:

180 Associated Rd, South San Francisco, CA 94080

very close to to International Autobody. i will go by and check out their operation next week. hopefully buy the Weapon-R intake, too.
You said you are off on Friday's, right? I have no work this Friday- let me know if you want to swing by there together. I know Weapon *R makes a ram-air for 350z's, but I think with our huge 2-person presence there is a chance to mass produce a custom CAI kit. Oh, and get sponsorships too!

By the way, spoke with John today- he said he was very happy to work on your car, and had nothing but good things to say about you.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:11 AM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by drsifu1

Vinh, it's interesting to hear the other side on this issue- thanks for letting us know. How is your ST coming along?

Old 11-23-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
You said you are off on Friday's, right? I have no work this Friday- let me know if you want to swing by there together. I know Weapon *R makes a ram-air for 350z's, but I think with our huge 2-person presence there is a chance to mass produce a custom CAI kit. Oh, and get sponsorships too!

By the way, spoke with John today- he said he was very happy to work on your car, and had nothing but good things to say about you.
When are you guys planning on visiting Weapon *R? My Friday morning is free. Maybe I can swing by with you and turn your huge 2-person aura into a gigantic 3-people mob.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:35 AM
D87
When are you guys planning on visiting Weapon *R? My Friday morning is free. Maybe I can swing by with you and turn your huge 2-person aura into a gigantic 3-people mob.
But it's Black Friday! Don't you guys want to wait in line at Fry's at 4:00am for $25 computers? (Or something like that?)

Old 11-23-2005, 12:42 AM
Modded Member
Sure thing Tony. Let's wait for Igor to confirm whether or not he can make it...

Old 11-23-2005, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator
Shoot . . . I am out of town that day. Hey, perhaps you guys can snag a freebie for me, eh?

Old 11-23-2005, 02:04 AM
i'm out of town too. blast! count me missing, presumed fed. i mean... i'm still planning to go by there, but keep me posted about what you guys find/see/buy. i want in on a deal, too - if it's short-ram CAI.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FREE Dynos from Scott Performance in Santa Clara