Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Cupertino - Let me use your hose!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 04:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cupertino - Let me use your hose!

So I just moved here and live in an apartment complex.

I really need to find a place to wash my car, and can't find any self-serve car wash. And plus, those places are exspensive. So...

Can I use your driveway to wash my car? I won't make a mess, in fact, if anything, the soapy run off will help clean your drive way.

You won't need to be home, I'll just come over, wash, and leave.

I won't use that much water. Wet, soap and lather, rinse, and dry, thats all.

I won't mind kicking you down a couple of bucks. Or if your home, I could bring over a pizza. Or I can buy us beer. And by that, I mean give you money to buy yourself beer, since I'm underaged =).

Anyways, I like to keep my car spotless, and would like to clean it atleast once a week (and i'll pay for the water of course).

If you can help me out, that'd be great! I'm on De Anza Blvd. and Stevens Creek, in Cupertino.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:22 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
The Cheveron on Stevens Creek and Homestead has a full touchless carwash, $7 for the works (there is another one in the area, but for some reason, that one is more expensive, and it doesn't wash the car as well...)

And there's a car wash on El Camino that hand washes every car (but they use a high preasure sprayer) for $5, I think it's $10 with Turtle Wax... I'd invite you over to my place to use my driveway, but tomorrow is my only day off and I'll be at the garage...

Old 04-20-2006, 05:10 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how does that touchless work? i'm interested... i need a driveway too! living in an apt and having a black G sucks

Old 04-20-2006, 05:31 PM
do i hear car wash meet!? obviously, i'm not hosting =)

Old 04-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by absolutg
how does that touchless work? i'm interested... i need a driveway too! living in an apt and having a black G sucks
Not sure how to explain... you drive your car into the thing, stop, your car gets washed with a high preassure sprayer, then gets blow dried... no rollers, no brushes, no rags, etc... safe for dropped cars, no scratches from old or hard brushes.

If you guys use this, I suggest you roll past the blow dryers very, very slowly...

Old 04-20-2006, 08:40 PM
workin...

does it work pretty well?

Old 04-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by absolutg
does it work pretty well?
Yep... works great. But like I said, I only know this one works good, the other one in the area sucks... I honestly prefer using this because I have a clear bra and it gets slightly scuffed up each time anybody hand washes the car (myself included)

Old 04-20-2006, 11:14 PM
workin...

dofu: stevens creek and homestead don't intersect... can you give me some other markers to find it? and i guess you get no swirl marks... u might have found me a HUGE time saver

Old 04-21-2006, 02:28 AM
i know theres one inbetween stevens creek and homstead, on de anza blvd, if that's the street, than its rights next door!

Old 04-21-2006, 06:16 AM
Oops... my bad... I'm talking about the Cheveron near the Micheal's and Carl's Jr... on Sunnyvale Saratoga/ De anza and Homestead... just across the 280 from BJ's. That's the one I go to.

Another good place to get a car wash in the area is the Country Carwash Club on Stevens Creek right next to the Nissan dealership. It's a bit pricey at $40 for the works (I usually get "The Eagle" plus seats), but they do full handwash, condition your leather, steam clean your floor mats, etc... and they do a great job too. I'm heading there when the rain stops... too lazy to clean/ wash my car myself these days... and plus, I don't have a good vacuum...

Last edited by dofu; 04-21-2006 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by dofu
Another good place to get a car wash in the area is the Country Carwash Club on Stevens Creek right next to the Nissan dealership. It's a bit pricey at $40 for the works (I usually get "The Eagle" plus seats), but they do full handwash, condition your leather, steam clean your floor mats, etc... and they do a great job too. I'm heading there when the rain stops... too lazy to clean/ wash my car myself these days... and plus, I don't have a good vacuum...
I go here also, I love this place. Its only ~$13 (around there) for their regular car wash, but they do the inside too, and use an air gun thing to blow dry the car.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:32 PM
You could wash it one of those coin self wash booths for under 5 bucks worth of quarters... just gotta move fast.

Old 04-27-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by bert039
I go here also, I love this place. Its only ~$13 (around there) for their regular car wash, but they do the inside too, and use an air gun thing to blow dry the car.
Do they have rails to guide your car thur the wash?

Old 04-27-2006, 12:59 PM
There's a place on Saratoga and 280 where a couple of guys have a power washer setup at a gas station parking lot....Chevron or Valero. I've never used them, but there's usually a couple of cars getting washed. I only drive around there on the weekends, so I don't know if they're there during the week.

I have used Classic Car Wash in Saratoga on Prospect between Lawrence and Saratoga (near Kragens). There's usually a coupon flyer that comes with the junk mail pack every month. Used to be $10-12 for wash, vacuum, windows, etc. They usually do a pretty good job.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by limeg35
Do they have rails to guide your car thur the wash?
I think they do have rails on the conveyor belt, but I'll go there tomorrow after and confirm that for you. Its a complete hand wash though. Oh and I said they blow dry the car, what I really meant was that they use an air gun to blow out the excess water in the cracks of the car, etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cupertino - Let me use your hose!