NorthWest Serving AK, ID, OR, WA

FS: 19" SSR Professor SP1 -Polished Silver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
I've owned both brands, so I know the difference. SSR and Speed Star Wheel are both JDM, but separate lines. Kinda like G-Games and Volk Racing are both under Ray's Engineering.

For this wheel, SSW would be a 2pc cast wheel that's welded together. SSR would be be a true multi-piece (2 or 3, not sure) that's semi-solid forged.

As I said above, pics of what I requested will clear it up.

This post was pretty clear. SSR and SSW made by same company, but they're different lines. There is an SP1 model under both brands, but are very different b/c of the mfg process, materials, construction, etc... Also means a difference in what they're worth, understand?

Sounds like you have the SSR version since you bought them in Japan, but why not just take some damn pics and we'll all know for sure...no confusion. If you still don't get it, then I don't know what to tell you...

Last edited by Triple8Sol; 01-12-2007 at 01:54 AM.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:19 AM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
This post was pretty clear. SSR and SSW made by same company, but they're different lines. There is an SP1 model under both brands, but are very different b/c of the mfg process, materials, construction, etc... Also means a difference in what they're worth, understand?

Sounds like you have the SSR version since you bought them in Japan, but why not just take some damn pics and we'll all know for sure...no confusion. If you still don't get it, then I don't know what to tell you...
triple8sol, can you show me where it says specifically that ssr sp1s are made using the semiforged process. From my understanding, they never were, and are all cast, even in japan. When Tirerack wanted to start selling them, they wanted the cast wheels, ie sp1 and d5r, differentiated from the ones that are semiforged ie sp1 comps etc, so they had ssr make them new centercaps, and marketed them as ssw's. I can find no reference to jdm market SSW wheels. Tirerack only carries certain colors, sizes and offsets, so companies that import directly from japan can get all the options, which differentiates them from ssw. As far as the construction however, I believe they are the same. This is what I concluded after speaking with tirerack. Gruppe-S states that their wheels are not the same as the ones sold by tirerack, in that they offer JDM finishes and styles, but they make no mention of manufacturing technique, which would be a pretty big selling point. Z1 Performance also states the same thing, and they are an authorized seller for SSR.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:25 AM
SSR and SSW made by same company, but they're different lines.
True. Never urgued about it. I even posted the link to the site showing both SSR and SSW rims.

There is an SP1 model under both brands,
Not in Japan. SP1 only offered as SSR rims as shown on their website.

but are very different b/c of the mfg process, materials, construction, etc...
Agreed and understand Cast vs. Semi Forged tech, but not rim specific. How can you be sure about SP1? Tire Rack, Site sponsors and members giving conflicting information.

Where is your source of the information? (re: Japan vs. Tire Rack are made differently)

Also means a difference in what they're worth, understand?

Old 01-13-2007, 03:11 PM
free bump for a cool guy...
somebody buy this already...!!!

Old 01-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Gonna have to throw my hands up on this one. My original intention was just to clarify so that interested parties would know what they're buying. Not trying to argue or clutter up your thread. Just take a damn pic.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm in the process of purchasing these from Nao, great guy, just have to sell my OEM 19's so I can pay the man the rest of his money. Here's some test fit pics.

Old 01-17-2007, 02:23 AM
They look great, and you can't beat the price if they're SSR's! Just need some spacers, it looks like. Prob 10 or even 15 front/rear would look great.