Ohio representation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats one mod that I wouldnt mind having!

Old 05-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TeddYang
well it still requires the key (to disable the immobilizer and steering wheel lock) but you turn the key to the on position.

Push the brake (and clutch if your 6mt) and push the button for like half a second, and it'll automatically crank the engine (meaning you're pushing the button doesn't crank it, instead it tells the module to crank the engine) till it starts.

To shut off the engine depress the brake and press the button fully for half a second (the brake press is a safety feature and there's a delay so you don't accidentally shut off your engine if you hit the button while driving)

The buttons are OEM from nissan. One cool thing...you can barely see it but on the left there's a lock section that will illuminate with the blinking LED. When the car is locked.

The install is a pretty involved process (took about 4.5 hrs for the beep and push button start). But i took advantage of the fact that KP lives in the same town as me, and he is very willing to the installs for FREE (just gotta work around his busy schedule) He did a very clean professional job with the install and i coudn't be happier. I'll take more pix and post video of how it works and the beep module tomororw. =P
Thats pretty sweet even though you still have to use the key. I was in my friend's Nissan Altima and she had the push button start. I loved it.

I also miss having the intelligent key I had in my 2006 AT G. Its stupid that 2006 MT G doesn't have it.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nice mod man...looks great

Old 05-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by g-adabout
I just received an PM about the forum. It is in the works, and as Ted suggested, I passed along a copy of the listing of who our members are. They are deciding on where to create one, either in a region area or the club area. I replied with simply that we wont mind where its at.

One thing. The will be looking for a moderator. If anyone would like to volunteer for it, please let me know.

I hope everyone is enjoying life...my G is resting under its new warm blanket thanks to Dal!

im on here quite often,ill be a mod if no one else is voted to be one..just let me know what i need to do

Old 05-19-2009, 11:16 AM
TuningWerks Competition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I just received an PM about the forum. It is in the works, and as Ted suggested, I passed along a copy of the listing of who our members are. They are deciding on where to create one, either in a region area or the club area. I replied with simply that we wont mind where its at.

One thing. The will be looking for a moderator. If anyone would like to volunteer for it, please let me know.

I hope everyone is enjoying life...my G is resting under its new warm blanket thanks to Dal!

Your welcome! You didnt pay me for it yet and took off! j/k

Old 05-19-2009, 11:21 AM
TuningWerks Competition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BuckeyeG
I dont know Im kinda leaning towards just a AB coupe. I can only seam to find them in AT. Not sure if im gonna get nwe or used just all depends on the deal i can get. I wouldnt mind keeping my sedan but I think there gonna want a little over 20k for it. So im not sure iif its worth it.
Damn! 20k? Yea that wont be worth it. Get a new G37S!!

I can be moderator. I had a little experience in that in the past and i can set up stuff sticky etc.. But if someone really wants the job then give the job to that person. I am just saying that i can do it i might have a little more time then Teddy it seems.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BuckeyeG
I dont know Im kinda leaning towards just a AB coupe. I can only seam to find them in AT. Not sure if im gonna get nwe or used just all depends on the deal i can get. I wouldnt mind keeping my sedan but I think there gonna want a little over 20k for it. So im not sure iif its worth it.
AB Coupe! YES!! We can be blue buddies...they are definitely tough to find in the proper transmission though.

Old 05-19-2009, 02:37 PM
great pics Ted. Push button looks hot, especially next to your new shifter.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone interested in buying a set of BlueBat overlays? theyre for 06 coupe headlights... brand new, never used... i bought them thinking they would look good on my car but have decided not to put them on.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Ohio G Club Member
ok beep module first...

there's not much to show...i mean it's just a speaker in your engine bay...

but the video will show you the before and after result....

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2_82mBe5arY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2_82mBe5arY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Old 05-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by IrockAG35
im on here quite often,ill be a mod if no one else is voted to be one..just let me know what i need to do
Sounds good!

Originally Posted by azndalboy
Your welcome! You didnt pay me for it yet and took off! j/k
I can't help it that my new car cover makes my car that much faster that your almost stock Z can keep up! Once I get that carbon fiber cover put on, it will be time to chase down some lambos!!!

Dal, I am sorry. I will get you your cash...at your G's coming out party!

Originally Posted by stradaONE8
AB Coupe! YES!! We can be blue buddies...they are definitely tough to find in the proper transmission though.
Blue Buddies...and Brian was worried about me saying dal needed a coming out party!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Hey Tedd...nice beep. I am just planning to get the *****cat dolls to sing "beep" every time I lock my car to be different. hhahhaaaha, just kidding.

Thats pretty cool. I think your going to be our video-ographer of our club...

Old 05-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Blue Buddies...and Brian was worried about me saying dal needed a coming out party!
Gross good sir...gross.

Teddy...that is awesome. I really want that. How hard was the install? Did you or Kevin do it? Also +1 for official videographer...

Old 05-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Gross good sir...gross.

Teddy...that is awesome. I really want that. How hard was the install? Did you or Kevin do it? Also +1 for official videographer...
hahahahhaha

Old 05-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Keven did the install. The beep module, i could have done but it probably would've taken me 3 times as long and i would've gone the lazy route and used wiretappers instead of soldering it. I don't have pictures, but he did a very clean professional job, everything is bundled away nicely and if i ever need to access it, it's not a tangle of wires.

Install time for beep module ~60-90 min

The PB module there is NO way i could've done that by myself. Plus it helps that Kevin has tools for just about ANYTHING.

Install time for Push Button Start ~3 hrs

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ohio representation?