Ohio representation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alright, here's the push button start module...

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Uz6WR9VBAA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Uz6WR9VBAA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Old 05-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want this

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xAUsyMtZtl4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xAUsyMtZtl4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Old 05-19-2009, 09:57 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You know...the push button start probably isn't as difficult as it sounds. You would need to tap the wiring that does the functions of the start motion for the module but the timing of the crank and whatnot are all controlled by the module. It most likely cranks until it gets a signal from the tach that the engine has reached a certain rpm. That would probably be a specific voltage. It sounds about like installing a remote start. Did your installer have a wiring diagram for the G?

Old 05-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by Jomanchu
You know...the push button start probably isn't as difficult as it sounds. You would need to tap the wiring that does the functions of the start motion for the module but the timing of the crank and whatnot are all controlled by the module. It most likely cranks until it gets a signal from the tach that the engine has reached a certain rpm. That would probably be a specific voltage. It sounds about like installing a remote start. Did your installer have a wiring diagram for the G?
yep, you're absolutely right in how it works. the concept itself isn't difficult, but finding the wires and doing the work would just be too frustrating for me. KP has all the service manuals for all G35's and G37's i believe so he just referenced that when he worked on my car. If you goto his website (google KP Technologies) you can actually download the instruction manual and it'll confirm how the module operates. And like i said, he did a really clean job with the install.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by imaxorz
I want this

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xAUsyMtZtl4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xAUsyMtZtl4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
well that's still a work in progress, and the push button start is the first stage of it...

Old 05-20-2009, 06:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ Oh I see. I thought it was out already because video is almost half a year old. Its definitely something I'd be interested in.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Ohio G Club Member
^haha well i think according to him there are only 2 of his systems in exsistance...one on his car...and one on his work bench =P

Old 05-20-2009, 09:40 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
he needs to get that together. I would definately get that if i didn't even have to put the key in the ignition...If I got out the car with the engine still running and the keys still in my pocket, would it then shut itself off?

Old 05-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by cdubel01
he needs to get that together. I would definately get that if i didn't even have to put the key in the ignition...If I got out the car with the engine still running and the keys still in my pocket, would it then shut itself off?

i think the system he is designing would work just like the ikey where the car wouldn't shut itself off even if the key is outside the car. you'd hafta push the button to turn it off.

basically from what i've read-- push button start still retains oem security and functionality features and just adds an optional way to start the car. The addition of the the RFID system would involve defeating some secuirty features (steering wheel lock, immobilizer system) which would make your car susceptible to hotwiring and theft. dude doesn't want to make a system that would make your car easy to steal so he's still working on a way to maintain the security of your car. they're also trying to boost the range, because it stands right now, it's a passive system where you have to push the chip next to a sensor in your car that reads it (like some offices or apartments that have a touch key card).

So from what i gather, the way the system works now is you swipe the key, module reads it, and activates the PB start system. which allows you to start the car. When you shut down the car, the car give you a 30 second window to start the car with the button without swiping the key (this is in case you stall the car, you basically have 30 seconds to start it up again). After 30 seconds you'll hafta reswipe your key to reactivate the button.

Last edited by TeddYang; 05-20-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:07 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Nice, I think it is a great idea. I just read the info from the forum about the development. Sounds like a very cool idea and hopefully they can boost the range from more than 5". I would be very interested in this module as I am sure several others would be. Hopefully it sees production very soon and I can get one....

Old 05-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Ohio G Club moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by imaxorz
^ Oh I see. I thought it was out already because video is almost half a year old. Its definitely something I'd be interested in.
the keyless is def badass..dont the 08+g37's have the keyless push start..i could have sworn i used it in my loaner car

Old 05-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by IrockAG35
the keyless is def badass..dont the 08+g37's have the keyless push start..i could have sworn i used it in my loaner car
yeah i think they started switching over around 05-06...and they started with AT so most of the 1st Gen MT G drivers are SOL....

Last edited by TeddYang; 05-20-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks great Ted! Really clean. I WANT!

Not to hijack our only thread but seems I may be getting wheels before the spacer/MREV...
You may ask why? Well I bought the car used and whoever the hell had it before me bent the front two wheels just the slightest bit. The rears are just fine and the car drives perfect to about 70mph, from there until 80 you can feel a bit of a non-lateral wobble and then 90+ the car just shakes like crazy (I nearly shook myself to death last summer trying to chase Dal and the Lambo). So it's not just wanting new wheels, but kind of needing them...

I've been thinking CE28s for a long time before the RE30s even came out, but the more I see REs the more I like them, especially with the new himetal bronze:

I thought I wanted special edition color for a while when they came out, but I'm actually leaning more bronze again...I love the SEs, but for the blue on my car, I really like the earthy colored contrast of bronze (plus it's so much more rare) and it will pair well with my tan/dark tan interior. The himetal bronze color is pretty damn slick too, but only come on the REs, which is second to the CEs...decisions decisions. Most recently I saw a set of Formula silver REs on a 350 and now that is in the mix too.
I have yet to PSHOP any RE on my car, need to find some good donor picture, I'll do that soon.

I saw this teaser over @ myg37, and I'm beginning to love the wheel, but question is, is it worth the extra premium over the CEs and the color? Any feedback is appreciated.

I think those pictures are a bit over-exposed and washed out the bronze in the wheel...so for those too lazy to click and for a better representation of what they look like IRL probably, quick re-touch in PS to bring out the color:

Oop, 1 more pic:

*I wish we had our own forum for this stuff. But feel free to vote between the 4 options.

1. CE28 Bronze

2. RE30 HiMetal Bronze

3. RE30 Formula Silver

4. CE28 Special edition (formula silver center, polished lip) - I doubt I will get this as I don't want to deal with a polished lip on my DD.

Last edited by stradaONE8; 05-21-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:30 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
polished lip on DD is sexy...At least i think...

Old 05-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh no I agree that polished lips look great, but my car is a true DD, and I'm in the medical field so I'm not going to have the time I would want to maintain that like I would want. Bronze/Regular color is just easier for me to deal with. No denying polished is sexy as hell though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ohio representation?